Black Spirituality Religion : Who or What is the Comforter according to scripture?

The comforter that Jesus is speaking of is the Holy Spirit.

peace

But in Jesus' own words he says if i go not away HE can not come, meaning the comforter. Again, even if we say ok it is talking about a spirit. Jesus is also called the comforter as he is supposed to have the spirit of god in him being they believe he is god in person. So why the need for another comforter if jesus was already here in the flesh? The embodiment of god's spirit?

So if jesus was the comforter and he said he had to go so another comforter could come and be with you forever, then why the need for christ's return if we've already had 2 or 3 comforters? I mean how much more comfort can the people stand....?

Just joking, but do you see my point?

peace

But in Jesus' own words he says if i go not away HE can not come, meaning the comforter. Again, even if we say ok it is talking about a spirit. Jesus is also called the comforter as he is supposed to have the spirit of god in him being they believe he is god in person. So why the need for another comforter if jesus was already here in the flesh? The embodiment of god's spirit?

So if jesus was the comforter and he said he had to go so another comforter could come and be with you forever, then why the need for christ's return if we've already had 2 or 3 comforters? I mean how much more comfort can the people stand....?

Just joking, but do you see my point?

I'm confused by what you are asking...Either I'm just too tired and too lazy to read, cause I'm really sick of answering Bible questions.

All I can do for you Info is break it down the best way I can for you.

So when he says if I go not away he cannot come...It means if Jesus is here on earth then there is no need for the Holy Spirit to come, because Jesus is still with us.

But Jesus had to return back to Heaven. The Holy Spirit is still apart of Jesus and is apart of God. The Holy Spirit is like a "middle man" or a messenger. I assume you've heard of the Holy Trinity....but anyhoo...

Since Jesus isn't here, the Holy Spirit acts like a guide or a messenger between that person and God.

And let me say this also...Everyone does not have the Holy Spirit. Only those who have been baptized in Christ then receive the Holy Spirit.

I'm confused by what you are asking...Either I'm just too tired and too lazy to read, cause I'm really sick of answering Bible questions.

All I can do for you Info is break it down the best way I can for you.

So when he says if I go not away he cannot come...It means if Jesus is here on earth then there is no need for the Holy Spirit to come, because Jesus is still with us.

But Jesus had to return back to Heaven. The Holy Spirit is still apart of Jesus and is apart of God. The Holy Spirit is like a "middle man" or a messenger. I assume you've heard of the Holy Trinity....but anyhoo...

Since Jesus isn't here, the Holy Spirit acts like a guide or a messenger between that person and God.

And let me say this also...Everyone does not have the Holy Spirit. Only those who have been baptized in Christ then receive the Holy Spirit.

peace

I was baptized at the age of 13, so does that mean i have the holy spirit, or comforter with me?

To this day though, I think the preacher was trying to drown me he held me under so long. I saw fish swimming past my face and everything. I had to hit 'em with a backhand in the gut cause i thought he forgot about me he was so busy shouting and getting the others to shout from what i could here from underwater.....

The Holy Spirit isn't a "he" or "she"...The translations of the Bible refer to Spirit as a "he"

That shouldn't be taken literally as a male just because that word "he" is there. And it's not an "it" either.

Please don't take try to take the Bible out of context as it isn't complex as many make it out to be.

Okay,

As for the last statement, well, that's debatable. Which
is why 'faith' is the resin that supports said 'context'...

peace

I was baptized at the age of 13, so does that mean i have the holy spirit, or comforter with me?

To this day though, I think the preacher was trying to drown me he held me under so long. I saw fish swimming past my face and everything. I had to hit 'em with a backhand in the gut cause i thought he forgot about me he was so busy shouting and getting the others to shout from what i could here from underwater.....

I don't know if you have the Holy Spirit still or if you had it before...Because from what I gather from you is that you don't follow Christian belief any more.

I can't tell what you have personally because that's between you and God....I can't make those types of judgments....That's a personal thing.

But IMO, I feel like if one really wants and believes in the Death, Burial and Resurrection of Jesus, and follows God's word, then yes he has the Holy Spirit.

Some people do the baptismal for all the wrong reasons.

I got baptized at 11 and I felt I got baptized for the wrong reasons. Because all my peers were doing it. As I got older, I felt like I needed to do it the right way because I didn't feel as if I was saved, so I got baptized again...Do I feel like I have the Holy Spirit now? Yes. Did I feel like I had it then? Not at all.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back