Black Christians : Who is your favorite New Testament character... other than Jesus?

Kadijah

BANNED
Apr 7, 2013
I'll start off:

My favorite biblical character, other than Jesus, is the apostle Paul. More than any other, it was Paul that built the Christian church, practically from the ground up and gave Christianity to the gentile world. He was tireless, dedicated, and wrote the masterful Pauline epistles which gave instructions to the nascent churches outside Jerusalem. He also took time to succor his expected successors, the younger generation of preachers such as (I think) Timothy/Titus(?), counseling him to not cower before the elders of the church and let them push him around because of his youth. It is the opinion of many, including myself, that without the apostle Paul, there would be no Christian Church today - certainly not as we know it.

I'll start off:

My favorite biblical character, other than Jesus, is the apostle Paul. More than any other, it was Paul that built the Christian church, practically from the ground up and gave Christianity to the gentile world. He was tireless, dedicated, and wrote the masterful Pauline epistles which gave instructions to the nascent churches outside Jerusalem. He also took time to succor his expected successors, the younger generation of preachers such as (I think) Timothy/Titus(?), counseling him to not cower before the elders of the church and let them push him around because of his youth. It is the opinion of many, including myself, that without the apostle Paul, there would be no Christian Church today - certainly not as we know it.

Paul is a very admirable servant to the King, wasn't he? :) I can't think of a fav; those who followed after the Son back then were all so very admirable and so much better than myself, I love 'em all! :D

:goodpost:

I can't say I have an absolute "favorite." But, Peter comes to mind in terms of "redemption" and increased Faith.

He went from sinking on the water to denying Jesus to preaching and teaching, to healing the sick and raising the dead.

Truly a lesson in God's love and forgiveness and an example of justification and sanctification through Jesus.

:goodpost:

I can't say I have an absolute "favorite." But, Peter comes to mind in terms of "redemption" and increased Faith.

He went from sinking on the water to denying Jesus to preaching and teaching, to healing the sick and raising the dead.

Truly a lesson in God's love and forgiveness and an example of justification and sanctification through Jesus.

Speak it, sister!

Everyone I know who is in any way, shape or fashion conversant with biblical characters loves Peter! :love: And, most everyone I know who knows Peter says he was the "thug" of the New Testament! :lol:

Peter Simon did not play! He was impulsive and emotional as well as big and "bad." He was the brother on the corner to the "bourgie" disciples, James and John. If any of the 12 would "cut" you (especially if you messed with Jesus), it would be Peter. :10200:

Great choice!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back