Brother AACOOLDRE : Who is the whore Of revelations

Discussion in 'AACOOLDRE' started by AACOOLDRE, Aug 13, 2001.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    I dug deep and I think I was able to answer my own queston

Notes: p For further evidence John was referring to the Egyptians when he said they would be destroyed in their own “winepresses” you only need to turn to “The slaying of Men” myth. It was a myth that delth with RA and Isis-Hathor. Mankind was involved in blasphemy so he decided to kill mankind. “All night Hathor waded in the blood of those who had been slain, and on the morrow Ra feared Hathor would slay the remnant of the human race , wherefore he said unto his attendants, fetch to me swift messengers who can outstrip the wind’ When the messengers appeared the majesty of Ra bade them bring a great number of mandrakes from Elephantine. These Ra gave to Sekhmet, bidding her to pound them, and when this was done he mixed the mandrakes with some of the blood of those hathor had slain. Meanwhile servant-maids were busy preparing beer from barley
    And into this Ra poured the mixture. In the mourning Ra bade his attendants carry the beer to the place where Hathor would seek to slay the remnant of mankind…And it came to pass that at dawn Hathor reached the place where the beer lay, flooding the fields four spans deep. She was pleased with her beautiful reflection, which smiled at her from the floods; and so deeply did she drink the beer that she became drunken,[just like the Babylon whore in Rev 17:6] and was no more able to destroy men” –Ancient Egyptian myths and legends. John would take this myth reverse it and write a literary parody in his frustration of the Egyptian religion. My evidence is found first in Rev 14: 8-10; “Babylon is fallen that great city, because she made all nations drink the wine of wrath of her fornication…the same shall drink the wine of the wrath of god, which is poured out without mixture.” Then in verse 19 & 20 “ and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of god. And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles”.The reason John included Horse bridles? Because Isis-Hathor was also called “Mistress of horses, lady of the chariot”.Now I don’t need anymore evidence to prove the whore of Babylon was Isis-Hathor.
    Further research might prove that the whore of Babylon may also be identified with one of the forms of Hathor, the goddess of love [ mother of harlots Rev 17:5 & whore Rev 17:15] and beauty, also as a moon-goddess.In Egyptian art she is represented as standing upon a lion, [Rev 13:2] her figure entirely nude [Rev 17: 16] ; in her right hand she holds lotus blossoms and a mirror while in her left are two serpents.At a later period she is still depicted in the same attitude, but on her head she wears the headdress of Hathor [which is a ball with two horns as is in Rev 13:11] On inscriptions of the eighteenth and nineteenth dynasties she is called ‘lady of heaven, mistress of all the gods,eye of Ra’see p.279 of Ancient Egyptian myths and legends By Lewis Spence.Rev called her the mother of Harlots and a whore. On p.360 of The Egyptian book of the dead Horus is called the son of Hathor and on p.280 it’s stated “the lady of flame, a symbol of the eye of Ra, coiled round a lotus flower”. It seems to me that John mixed up the whore of bablylon with Isis, Ra, Osiris and others into one evil person he felt was a false religion.

Tell me what you think
    By Andre Austin

2. bbisbless

bbisbless New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Chrstian Folks

The Christian Folks

Sunday morning its Praise the Lord, Halleujah, Glory to God. While they get on the phone Sunday afternoon and gossip about every member of the church.

Monday morning, they come into work and barely say good morning.

Tuesday they drive to Bible Study when someone cuts them off and all you can hear is what the ****.

Wednesday at work, they have Bible Study in there cubical for an hour on company time.

Thursday is choir rehearsal, but first they show up every rehearsal at 8:30 p.m. when rehearsal was 7 p.m. and wonder why the choir director says they can’t sing on Sunday at church service.

Friday, its time to get there freak on and they go out partying all night or go see that special friend they see once a week.

Saturday got to get that new outfit to wear for Sunday, because lawd knows they can’t wear the same outfit more than once a month.

WILL THE REAL CHRISTIAN PLEASE STAND UP

3. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560

Revelation Chapter 17

In Revelation 17 and 18, the apostle John provides a
    flashback to the rise of the revived Roman Empire to
    world domination. Many of the symbols used in the
    book of Daniel, as well as Revelation, are explained
    in these chapters.

Verses
    1 - 6 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will show unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornification, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornification. So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet color, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

To fully understand these next two chapters, we must crack the code. Many mysterious symbols that are used in both Daniel and Revelation are clarified. We will begin with the two central figures, a whore and a seven headed, ten horned beast.

Many times things that are evil will be both fascinating and repulsive. That is the way it was with John, he couldn't take his eyes off this woman who was so evil. She was clothed in robes of royalty, with beautiful jewels, and a golden cup, but she was drunk, not from alcohol, but drunk from the blood of believers. And she was sitting on a weird beast with seven heads and ten horns with blasphemous names written all over it. She is said to sit on many waters. Verse 15 explains this as People, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues. But who or what is this harlot?

The worst name you can call a woman is to call her a whore, which is very degrading. In the bible, the terms whore, harlot and adulterer are frequently used to symbolize a spiritual departure from God and His truth, by individual, city or nation. In Isaiah 1:21 ~ How is the faithful city (Jerusalem) become a harlot? And in the third chapter of Jeremiah there are several such references, one being in verse 3 ~ thou hadst a whore's forehead......

Remember, we who are believers, are the 'Bride of Christ',
    II Corinthians 11:2. And if we play around with a false religion, this is viewed as spiritual adultery.

And who is this woman? Verse 18 states, And the women which thou sawest is that great city, and on her head was written, MYSTERY BABYLON.

Babylon was a literal city on the Euphrates river, and it was here that idol worship began almost immediately after the flood, under Nimrod, Genesis 10:10. And the beginning of his kingdom is Babel. And Nimrod decided to build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; Genesis 11:4. So the city Babylon was built and adopted a false religion which included black magic, demon contact, séances, astrology and witchcraft. The mystery revealed to John was that religious Babylon would be revived to control the last world power. It would be an amalgamation of all the world's religions. For the last three and one half years of the tribulation period, it will have great power over the revived Roman Empire.

Verses
    7 - 9 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell you the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
    Who is this beast the woman is sitting on? First, it is a man.
    Rev. 13:18 ~ let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man. He had a former history on earth, He was. He was not then at John's time on earth, And is not. He is to have a future history, And shall ascend out of the bottomless pit. But eventually he will be cast into the lake of fire for all eternity, Rev. 19:20 ~ And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles, these both were cast into a like of fire burning with brimstone.

So, from the above, the beast is a man and not Satan, but Satan's antichrist. And we shall not know who this man will be until as told in II Thessalonians 2:3 ~ Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there be a falling away first (the rapture) and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition.

The woman, a city, is sitting on seven mountains, and the only city in the world that is built on seven mountains is the city of Rome. Can this mean that in the latter days Rome will be called the New Babylon and be the source and head of the New World False Religion? The seven mountains on which Rome sits, all have names: Aventine, Capitaline, Gaelian, Esquinine, Quirinal, Palatine and Viminal.....

http://www.our.homewithgod.com/ourallinall/lesson25.htm