Black Spirituality Religion : Who is the true Israel?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Ecks, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Ecks

Ecks Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Peace, family,

I'm not a member of any religion, but it upsets me how people who claim to believe in the New Testament blindly revere the Jews as the people of God. For New Testament believers, the New Testament actually says that Christ and those who believe in him are the true Israel:

Galatians 3:16, 29: "(16)Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. (29)And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

This plainly tells us that Christ and those who believe in him are the true heirs of the Abrahamic promise.

Peace.
    Ecks

2. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    True, but we mustn't deny what Paul taught; the Judaeans are still a special people of the Father as is all Israel born in the flesh, for they were His first chosen, and as the Son stated, salvation is of the Judaeans. It was never denied that Israel still had a special place, but what was made known was that gentiles also had room for salvation, seeing the Israel lived as the gentiles did, anyway, and many gentiles searched with a sincere heart for the Father.

3. Ecks

Ratings:
    +31
    Peace, my Sister.

I hope that you are doing fine today.

I want to say that the Bible says that the Kingdom is to be taken from the Jews (Matt. 21:33-43:)

"(33)Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country: (34)And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it. (35)And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another. (36)Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise. (37)But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son. (38)But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. (39)And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him. (40) When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen? (41)They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons. (42)Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes? (43)Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof."

You must remember that Paul said not all Israelites are the true Israel: "Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:" Romans 9:6. The truly special people with God are Christ & those who believe in him (Galatians 3:16, 29.)

Peace.
    Ecks

4. Angela22

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Sorry, he may have stated not all Israelites are Israel, but he never stated that all weren't Israel; meaning, there are Israelites in the flesh who are indeed Israel themselves(Paul himself being a Benjamite), and that which you quoted doesn't state that the Kingdom will be taken from them, but from those who have forsaken their KING, the Most High, and His Son.

5. Ecks

Ratings:
    +31
    Peace, Sister Angela22 ("Sister" presuming that you are not a White woman,)

Yes, Ma'am. I think that the point of Paul saying that in Rom. 9:6 is to warn that not all Israelites are the true Israel. And Matt. 21:43 says that a new "nation" will receive the Kingdom.

You are right that those who are truly Israel believe in Christ.

Peace.
    Ecks

6. Angela22

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

I'm a sista, yes. :lol: