Black Christians : Who is the Serpent?

Chevron Dove

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 7, 2009
[2] Who is the Serpent?

I would suppose there are many ways to answer this question. However, as a Christian, I believe that it would be important to know. It is so important that God the Creator had him identified in the first book of the Bible and revealed to mankind all throughout scripture and for thousands of years because the serpent is evasive. He is described in many ways, one of which is that he is very deceptive. He is elusive and has successfully deceived mankind. Now, although again, there are many ways to answer this question, my response might be unexpected and perhaps shocking. I will jump to the point and share to aspects that I believe needs to be known today as we are fast approaching the Second Coming of Jesus and we need to prepare. However, I will start with some scripture:

[1] Now the serpent was MORE SUBTIL than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made.
And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
GENESIS 3:1.

[6] And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes,
and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat,
and GAVE ALSO UNTO HER HUSBAND with her; and he did eat.
[7] And the eyes of them both were opened, ... GENESIS 3:6-7.

As a Christian growing up in the Black Church, I have come to learn that after Slavery, the Church separated here in America on two specific basis; [1] The Separation of Church occurred actually about 90 years prior to the end of Chattel Slavery law in 1776 but [2] the White Church separated from the Blacks. Nevertheless, I was taught that the Original Sin meant that the woman ate the forbidden fruit from a tree and from that fruit her eyes were opened and became judged and later both her and her husband was kicked out of the Garden of Eden. However, I now realize that there is much more to this event that is revealed through scripture. The answer revolves around the identity of the serpent and his motive and very reason for speaking to the woman. But let's look at more of the scripture:

[7] And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked;
and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

[13] And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
[14] And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: [15] And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between THY SEED and HER SEED; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. [16] Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. GENESIS 3:7, 13-16.

Now, there are many more scriptures to reveal who is the serpent and the last book of the bible, the Book of REVELATION is one of the most important as well. But this is a great start to understand just what really happened about the Original Sin. And one of the most important revelation is the word SEED and this is the key point to understand the real happening. The forbidden fruit was not the main focus but it led to the actual sin. When the woman ate the fruit, it led her to submit to the BEING that was DISGUISED as a beautiful bird and therefore, he was able to have sexual intercourse with Eve.

The next key word to understand what really happened would be the word in scripture NAKED. When the Creator inquired as to why the man and woman knew they were naked, this word leads to a bigger meaning that included more than the both of them aware of their nakedness without clothes. In context, the word NAKED defined in more detail in the Book of LEVITICUS as having sexual intercourse. So therefore, the scriptures go on to reveal that not only did Eve learn about sex but she later taught her husband about that act as well. More importantly though, the BEING was able to have HIS SEED! And so, this was his motivation for deceiving Adam and Eve. The Creator did not claim that seed and later it becomes obvious why. So Eve actually became pregnant from that sexual encounter with the Serpent, or the BEING who disguised himself. Like the many thousands of years of this re-enactment of the Original Sin, this BEING plucked some feathers off of a beautiful exotic bird and made himself a costume to hide his deformity so as not to appear frightening to the woman and so, she was flattered...

So now, 'What did the serpent look like'? Who is the serpent?
Obviously, this strange malefactor, would have some physical traits in his reproduction and THE SEED that Eve gave birth to some nine months later. Therefore, Cain was NOT Eve firstborn offspring! Cain was her firstborn man child, but not her firstborn child! Therefore, the scriptures later reveal that Cain's wife was definitely his sister, or half-sister; his older sibling. Cain became the 'ruler over sin'.

Furthermore, what role did Adam have in this Original Sin, since he did not engage initially?
According to scripture it becomes revealed that the Creator held Adam responsible too, because he had iniquity in his bosom!
There is much more to the sinful nature of man and woman and God through his mercy and grace has given us the chance to get it right and come to peace. Therefore, my answer would be an indirect answer for now, because mainly, the identity of the serpent begins with the Original Sin and eventually his seed is intermixed in this entire world and in some form! For this reason, Eve eventually came to realize that the serpent did lie to her and she in fact, Died! She surely did meet her death and all humans die due to the Original Sin.

Lastly, no matter how much the serpent has worked to continue his deception, science and genetics has revealed his identity and his motive and purpose in his hatred against God the Creator and his desire to destroy all of humanity. He does not care about any humans and wants us all to do his will. But God so love the world that he sent his only BEGOTTEN SON to offer us a way back from sin and rebellion and a way to live in peace for ever. cont.

[15] And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

[16] Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee....
GENESIS 3:15-16.

******************** SEED & CHILDREN ********************
********************* REPRODUCTION *************************

Why should Black Christians regard the Original Sin as being crucial?
Why would the word of GOD be so important in knowing about this original sin?
Why does the Church, specifically the Black Church, ignore this scripture for the most part?
Why did the Creator dictate this to Moses to write down?

The original sin details two crucial words, [1] seed and [2] children and reveals that the original sin had to do with reproduction. When Adam and Eve ate from the forbidden tree, it led to their downfall. And although the Church does not teach the whole truth however, the word of God is sure. Most of us have been misled to believe that the actual fruit from the tree caused Adam and Eve to recognize that they were naked, however, the deeper truth revolves around sex and reproduction.

The fruit led to them becoming altered in their spirit just like some drugs and alcohol affects us today. Therefore when Eve gave her husband the fruit and they both ate it, it led to more acts that occurred sequentially. So the deeper truths to this original sin is much deeper than what the Church has taught.

It is vital too, to understand the mindset of the woman in that she premeditated against the man, her husband and her offering him the fruit was treacherous. Nevertheless, as I mentioned previously, the man was not altogether innocent in his emotions and he also was revealed to harbor iniquity and this deep revelations was brought out later in the holy scriptures. So when it comes to gender conflicts, we need to regard the whole word of GOD. According to scripture both man and woman sinned. We all fall short of the glory of God. When the woman gave the fruit to the man to eat, she ultimately put herself into a vulnerable position and had no defense. She became 'naked'. So when she was being overwhelmed, meanwhile, the man was somewhere completely intoxicated and unable to come to her rescue... So this original sin is one of the most profound acts written about in the Bible and because it is not taught in the Church today, many will continue to be lost. As a result of this occurrence, Cain was absolutely not the firstborn of the woman. Cain was indeed, the firstborn malefactor but he was not the firstborn. ...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back