Black People : Who is the real enemy?

taaa7

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 10, 2007

As I read the many posts on this forum, I’m a little confused about who the members of this forum view as the enemy to Black folks. I believe all people on this planet are caught up in a war that begins in the womb before conception.

As you may know, before conception, millions of sperms are ejected into the womb, and under normal circumstances only one of the sperm, from the millions ejected into the womb, will reach the egg for fertilization. Now when the millions of sperms are ejected into the womb, they are immediately set upon by the chemistry of the female body as hostile invaders that must be destroyed. This chemistry begins to destroy the invading sperms as each sperm attempts to get to the safety of the egg. The chemistry of the female body became the enemy of each sperm. The female body attempts to keep the sperms from reaching the their objective – the egg.

Finally after one of the sperms reach the egg and is accepted by the egg, the door of safety is closed to all other sperms still struggling to make it. They are destroyed and become food for the female body.

At this time, the sperm that made it to the egg is safer than before, but its struggle for survival in the womb is still not over because the female body will still continue to try to destroy it by aborting. The female body remains an enemy; trying to destroy the very life it is producing until such time as that life leaves the womb and enters the world outside the female body.

You are that life that fought all the odds, and fought all the enemies the female body could throw at you. You overcame odds of a billion to one in order to survive the journey from your father’s loins up through your mother’s womb, and withstood the attacks your mother’s body threw at you for nine months.

You went through all of that and survived. Nothing in life will ever be as difficult or have such odds against you as what you went through to get here. Any problem you may have while in this life is nothing compared to what you went through to get here. Millions of the other sperms (your brothers and sisters) didn’t make it. That’s the reality of nature.

What does that journey teach? It teaches that self-preservation is first and foremost with nature. Your survival was the utmost importance in order to reach the egg first – in order to survive.

Nature is nature – it does not change. What was natural on your initial journey through your mother’s body is just as natural in your journey now that you are outside of your mother’s body. You merely came from one womb and entered into another womb. Most everything else is the same. The one primary difference is that you can now assist others in their survival and use others to assist you in your survival, whereas while traveling to the egg you could not help any of the other sperms and they could not help you.

However, just as when you were a sperm and you were ejected into a hostile environment, so to is it when you left your mother’s body you were ejected into a hostile environment – and that is the environment you live in today.

Why is it that Africans have not united? It is because there is no such thing as Africans. That is a myth – a misrepresentation. True, there is such a thing as people being born on a continent named Africa, and therefore, those born there may be referred to as Africans, but that is the extent of it. That is not you, that is the landmass of your birth, not you.

If you came from Mississippi, does that make you a Mississippian? And what would a Mississippian be. No, it would just mean you were born in Mississippi.

Your thoughts and your actions determine who you are, the place of your origin does not. If you and I have the same general way of thinking, the same goals and objectives, similar desires, etc. then we would be family. We would be tied together as a family by the things we have in common – our thoughts and desires. That is how tribes and nations are formed. Tribes and nations are formed by individuals having common grounds on which to base their unity; and when there is no longer enough common ground to support the union of those people, a power struggles erupts and soon the tribe or nation is destroyed. This is what you see happening all over the world today. It has nothing to do with genetics.

History has shown that race is not enough grounds to unite. History has shown that religion is not enough grounds to unite. History has shown that being from the same landmass is not enough grounds to unite. Race and religion, and even landmass, can be contributing factors, but in and of themselves, they are not enough.

I am a Black man, but I know that all Black people are not my friend. I also know all “white” people are not my enemy. I know there are some Black people who would not want me to have the right of “free speech”. I know there are Black people who would not want me to be free to make my own choices. I know there are Black people who would attempt to put limits on me and not allow me to be all that I can be. I do not consider those people to be my family – I consider those people to be my enemy.

It is easy to define and identify your enemy; it is more difficult to identify your friends. But, at least if you have identified your enemy, you stand a much better chance to survive and achieve your goals.

How do I identify my enemies? My enemy is anyone who attempts to take away my rights and freedom, or attempts to prevent me from being free. By free, I mean having the freedom to do as I choose as long as I don’t infringe upon the rights and freedom of others. It doesn’t matter their race, religion, gender, nationality, etc. If there is no victim, then there is no crime – there should be no such thing as a victimless crime.

I hear so much hate directed towards certain groups of people as if that hate will solve anything. I am not about hating any people (and that includes “white” folks) regardless of what their group history is. I am, however, about the destruction of my enemies and being free.

And whom do I consider family and friends? Anyone who helps me get and/or keep the aforementioned rights and freedom. It’s really that simple.

In order to survive and achieve, one must get together with like-minded individuals and form a group, then form coalitions with similar like-minded groups.

I am currently looking for other individuals who want to be free, but remember, you cannot be free if you don’t want others to be free.

It’s not about race, discrimination, bad words, etc. - It’s all about freedom, everything else is just distractions. You are either free or you are not.

I welcome other views on this – tell me what you think.

Know the truth, then act on that truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Liberation begins at home.

I'll be free, I'll be free,
And none shall deny,
With fetters and chains,
This spirit of mine.......
By any means necessary

Peace, Blessings

Excellent Thread

This is an excellent thread bro and worthy of some serious discussion.

I agree with a few of your points though I don't agree a healthy fetus in a healthy womb of a loving mother experiences a hostile environment.

But that is a digression.

Your main point implies we are all essentially the same having been born against great odds, and as long as an individual is inclined to offer and protect YOUR freedom then you're ok with that individual.

I have to disagree there, because that outlook is too narrowly focused on the individual and ignores the reality of ethnicity, blood, kinship & family.

By your logic, someone like Clarence Thomas is perfectly justified in joining ranks with neo-conservative forces because those forces do guarantee HE HIMSELF gains access to privileges and "freedoms" in exchange for his going along with the program.

I'm sure not only him, but his immediate family benefits from his actions.

So in a completely individualized, "as long as I get my freedom, I'm down with anyone" framework Clarence Thomas is 100% a quintessential shining example of where it ends.

Also you asserted that religion and race and kinship and land aren't enough to unite people but I suggest history doesn't agree.

The ruling powers of MOST nations on the planet are indeed glued together by some combination of these factors. I challenge you to name one (of world significance) that isn't.

I think you've got it flipped upside-down.

Ideologies and philosophies are transient and subject to evolution as people make their way through life.

Blood is not.

I could fall out with my mother or father or sister over a philosophical disagreement but at the end of day we are bound with a tie that is much stronger than any difference of opinion.

So its the Ideologies and philosophies that are not enough to unite people...you need something stronger.

You need something strong enough for you to see ms. cotton sentenced to 7 years prison for a trivial act and not only react but ACT on it as IF it were YOUR daughter or YOUR sister...regardless of whether she thinks as you think or knows what you know.

Something powerful enough to make you give up singular concern for YOUR freedom and recognize YOUR freedom long-term is DEPENDENT upon, INTERWOVEN with, and CONNECTED to the strength and cohesiveness of YOUR people, whoever you've defined them to be.

So I think this technique of DEFINING one's people as whoever thinks and acts like them is getting near THE VERY ROOT of the degradation of the black race in this country the last 40 years.

IMO, tt has been the key tool used by the middle class to assuage its guilt at having abandoned the race....we just defined ourselves a new one....we black people, they "n!ggaz"

Your other points about all black people not being friends and all white people not being enemies I agree with, however in my experience bonafide black enemies and bonafide white friends are exceptions, not norms.

Our most important enemy IS internal, and it is our own inability to come to grips with lifting each other up.

But make no mistake about it, this is not alice in wonderland, there is a united and well armed group of people who have long ago decided their very survival requires our subjugation. THAT enemy requires confrontation on all levels.

Excellent thread though Taaa7.:welldone: and I look forward to reading the responses.

you make good points

and i'm not mad at you

the sperm and egg point was good

it goes to show live is always a life and death battle...................................to survive

i was interested in were you grew up and where are you now?

Shalom Brother Kemetkind,

Thanks for your thoughtfull response.

kemetkind said:
This is an excellent thread bro and worthy of some serious discussion.

I agree with a few of your points though I don't agree a healthy fetus in a healthy womb of a loving mother experiences a hostile environment.

But that is a digression.
Many loving mothers have had miscarriages. Miscarriages are the body’s attempt at the destruction of the fetus. The survival of the new life is not up to the mother, it is up to the fight in the new life being conceived. Also, once that new life has left the mother’s womb and entered into this world outside of its mother’s body, his/her life is determined by how much fight he/she has. Take this another step further and you can clearly see that if a group of individuals is to advance and achieve, it is up to the fight in each individual and not in the hands of some so-called leader. If each individual Black person used the same strength he/she used to bring himself/herself through the struggle of birth, Black folks would have never been in the situation we find them in today; and/or if somehow they did find themselves in the condition they are in today, they would have no problem in liberating themselves now – immediately. They would not wait for anyone to lead them.

Your main point implies we are all essentially the same having been born against great odds, and as long as an individual is inclined to offer and protect YOUR freedom then you're ok with that individual.
I’m really glad you brought out that point; it gives me an opportunity to expound on it. First of all, you used the word “offer” – I did not use that word - I used the word "get". No one can “offer” you freedom – freedom is something you take. If freedom is offered, then it’s not freedom – it’s a controlled false sense of freedom – he who giveth can taketh away – the giver is still in control. When you take freedom, you are in control.

I have to disagree there, because that outlook is too narrowly focused on the individual and ignores the reality of ethnicity, blood, kinship & family.
Understand that you come into this world as an individual and you leave this world as an individual. First comes the individual; then comes the group. Everything – and I mean everything – we do, we do from a selfish individual motivation. Let me explain. The word “self” = a person’s nature or character; personal interest. The suffix “ish” = of, being, pertaining to. Therefore, we have “selfish” = “pertaining to self”. If one chooses to give up one’s life for the group, that decision is self-motivated. Everything we do is self-motivated.

Of course many things come into play to determine our self-motivation. Take what you mentioned above for instance – ethnicity, blood, kinship, and family. All of those are emotional ties – not necessarily survival ties. Even though it can make life better and more pleasing if those are tied into assisting you in survival, many times they can be detrimental to your survival. Survival is not an emotional based adventure.

By your logic, someone like Clarence Thomas is perfectly justified in joining ranks with neo-conservative forces because those forces do guarantee HE HIMSELF gains access to privileges and "freedoms" in exchange for his going along with the program.

I'm sure not only him, but his immediate family benefits from his actions.

So in a completely individualized, "as long as I get my freedom, I'm down with anyone" framework Clarence Thomas is 100% a quintessential shining example of where it ends.
Lets look at it a little deeper. From what I can see, Clarence Thomas aligned himself with a group that he evidently has no problem with. A group that is like-minded with his way of thinking. He most likely does not see things the way you or I do, therefore why would he align himself with us? Since I don’t know what his motivation was/is, but you have to admit, for now, his group is more capable of survival, and therefore, he is more capable of survival than we are. And, as you stated, I’m sure many of the people he cares about receive a certain amount of survival assurances from his membership in the group.

See that’s what its all about – survival. We cannot get mad at, or blame anyone for doing what he/she deems necessary in order to survive. We can only shore up our own survival by aligning ourselves with enough like-minded individuals and become strong enough as a group to insure our individual survival and the survival of those we care about. That is what makes the group more important than the individual – the fact that the group insures the survival of the individuals in the group. Together we stand, divided we fall sort of thing. All for one and one for all. However, this can best be gotten by a group with like-minded individuals.

Also you asserted that religion and race and kinship and land aren't enough to unite people but I suggest history doesn't agree.

The ruling powers of MOST nations on the planet are indeed glued together by some combination of these factors. I challenge you to name one (of world significance) that isn't.

I think you've got it flipped upside-down.
Check your history. If religion was enough to unite people, the 1.5 billion Muslims would be united instead of fighting each other; and outside forces, such as the United States, could not divide them – but since Muslims are not all like-minded we have what you see today. If race, land, or kinship were enough to unite people, all of Africa would be united today. However, since all Africans are not like-minded – we have what you see today.

The United States was not formed because of religion, land, or kinship; it was formed because of like-minded individuals wanting the same thing – freedom from the king and laws of Great Britain. Unlike most Black folks, they were willing to do whatever necessary to accomplish their goal – including killing 42 million Natives. And then they were willing to do whatever necessary to build the nation they had formed - including enslaving a nation of people. Say what you want about “white” folks, but they understand the primary natural law of nature - and that is survival. “White” folks have survived by planning and doing what was necessary to survive. “Black” folks have survived by accident and by reproducing in large numbers.

Ideologies and philosophies are transient and subject to evolution as people make their way through life.
True, and that is why people rise and fall.

Blood is not.
Blood can be used as a tool, such as in ruling through bloodlines, but even then it only works if those of a certain bloodline can get enough like-minded individuals to go along with the program, and get others outside of their group to go for it. Like the Queen of England, for example, is only in that position because of her bloodline and the people of England choose to go along with the program. Subjects of a ruler are subjects because they relinguish their power to the ruler. And in reality, blood has nothing to do with it.

I could fall out with my mother or father or sister over a philosophical disagreement but at the end of day we are bound with a tie that is much stronger than any difference of opinion.

So its the Ideologies and philosophies that are not enough to unite people...you need something stronger.
We are not talking about philosophies or ideas here; we are talking about survival. As a family, you and your sister, at one time, depended on your mother and father for survival – it did not matter what you thought; you were under their rule and totally dependent on them. But you were of no value to their survival. No matter how much they loved you and you loved them, as a child, you were of no value to their physical survival.

No matter how strong the bond, the slave could not prevent the master from mistreating, separating, or killing the family. By being torn away from a collective of like-minded individuals, the slave lost the ability to protect the family's survival.

If you and I were locked in a gage and we had the same desire to be free from that gage (like-minded), that would be enough for us to work together in attaining that freedom. Our religion, race, philosophies, etc. would not matter - even if we did not like each other, that would not matter. The only thing that would matter is that I could help you and you could help me, and together we could get out of the gage. That's all that would matter. We would be like-minded as far as our condition in the gage was concerned. On the other hand, if there was a third party in the gage with us who did not want to get out - we would not include him/her in our group/plan; and we would leave him/her there in the gage.

You need something strong enough for you to see ms. cotton sentenced to 7 years prison for a trivial act and not only react but ACT on it as IF it were YOUR daughter or YOUR sister...regardless of whether she thinks as you think or knows what you know.
However, if Ms. Cotton had aligned herself with a group that had aligned itself with other groups to form a strong enough coalition to prevent others from taking her freedom, things like that would not happen. We are singling out Ms. Cotton, but that applies to everyone. Look how many Black men and women are incarcerated due to victimless crimes involving drugs. As many Black folks as there are in the world and they have not formed a strong enough alliance with each other to prevent such things from happening to them. Survival in this world is more than just staying alive – it’s also about quality.

Something powerful enough to make you give up singular concern for YOUR freedom and recognize YOUR freedom long-term is DEPENDENT upon, INTERWOVEN with, and CONNECTED to the strength and cohesiveness of YOUR people, whoever you've defined them to be.
That statement is absolutely TRUE. I stated in my original post that “in order for you to be free, others must be free”. It’s a give and take situation. You must work to maintain the freedom of your comrades and they must work to maintain your freedom. One for all, and all for one. That’s what I mean by like-minds. In this case the security of freedom, and being free, would be the bond that unites.

So I think this technique of DEFINING one's people as whoever thinks and acts like them is getting near THE VERY ROOT of the degradation of the black race in this country the last 40 years.
I would like for you to explain that statement a little more in depth. Explain what degradation you’re talking about and how it is impacted by this technique.

IMO, tt has been the key tool used by the middle class to assuage its guilt at having abandoned the race....we just defined ourselves a new one....we black people, they "n!ggaz"
Even if that statement was true, tell me what would you have them do instead? Would it not be the “n!ggaz” place to look at the middle class and emulate what the middle class did if the “n!ggaz” wanted what the middle class has? It’s easy to sit back and criticize what others have done to get what they got, but instead, one should find a way to get what one wants. If wealth is what one wants, one should be willing to what it takes to have it. If a safe neighborhood is what one wants, one should be willing to do whatever is necessary to get it. Whatever it is that one wants, one should be willing to do whatever it takes to obtain/attain it. That is the difference between the haves and the have-nots. One is willing; the other is not. People don’t like to blame the victim, but it’s the victim who decides whether or not to remain a victim. For example: If a woman marries a man who beats her, she is only a victim the first time it happens because she didn’t know better; but if she continues to stay with that man and get beatings, it’s her fault, her choice. I then no longer look at her as a victim. The same applies to Black folks. I no longer look at Black folks as victims. They make their choice not to change things; they make their choice to accept less than equal treatment; they make their choice not to do for self; etc.

Your other points about all black people not being friends and all white people not being enemies I agree with, however in my experience bonafide black enemies and bonafide white friends are exceptions, not norms.
Everyone has his/her own experiences. I have had good and bad experiences with both Black and “white”, but I have never had a terrible experience with either. I have, however, had more “white” people do more things for me than I have received from Black people. So from my personal experience, I have learned to discard race when it comes to judging an individual. As a group of people, both Black and “white” history speaks for itself. Both sides of the coin must be examined.

Our most important enemy IS internal, and it is our own inability to come to grips with lifting each other up.
I agree 100%.

But make no mistake about it, this is not alice in wonderland, there is a united and well armed group of people who have long ago decided their very survival requires our subjugation. THAT enemy requires confrontation on all levels.
True that, but remember, it’s not what others decide or do; it’s what you decide and do.

Excellent thread though Taaa7.:welldone: and I look forward to reading the responses.
Thank you, I truly appreciated your thought provoking response. I look forward to sharing thoughts with you in the future.

And none shall deny,
With fetters and chains,
By any means necessary

Peace, Blessings

Da Street So'ja said:
and i'm not mad at you

the sperm and egg point was good

it goes to show live is always a life and death battle...................................to survive

i was interested in were you grew up and where are you now?
Shalom Brother So'ja,

Thanks for your response.

I was born and raised in Indiana and currently live in California.

And none shall deny,
With fetters and chains,
By any means necessary

Peace, Blessings

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back