African Traditional Religion : Who is the creator and how should we pray to the creator?

Okay so I have just began my journey into Spirituality. After years of being under the illusion of the Abrahamic faiths I found that 1+1 was not coming out to two. SO I started to study what I was practicing. Anyway long story short I found out that what I had been handed down to believe was a lie. SO now I am in my spirituality and there is lots of information available to different Gods and Goddesses. Yet not much on who is the creator or even how to pray. I have been told I am God myself so go within. I am not really sure what that even means. There is a method and order to everything. Even with that I am sure there is a way to show respect to the entity or energy that is responsible for all of creation. I want to find out what that is. I need to know how to gain my connection with the higher power. So if anyone could help me with this knowledge I would greatly appreciate it.

Ahhhh....the forward movement begins.

Id say you come to a good place, because at this site there are many paths, many learned individuals and much wisdom.

I remember the moment for me, when the "light" came in. Nothing remained the same.

I wish you well in your pursuit and the journey. Life is a series of personal revelations. May you find your answers therein.

Sister MzSunKissed ... like Brother Abstract219 said ... we have lots of diverse information on this topic.

Our Spirituality / Religion Forums contain information on most every path known to man.

You can search on all we have, years and years of Sisters and Brothers sharing together.

Thanks for adding your essence to the mix! :toast:

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

The Creator is The Creator and the best way to Pray is Sincerely in the fashion THAT THE CREATOR HAS PRESCRIBED FOR YOU!...

You have already put it in the universe, YOU will know when and how The Creator answers your request when that time comes...

Peace.. Peace...

Okay so I have just began my journey into Spirituality. After years of being under the illusion of the Abrahamic faiths I found that 1+1 was not coming out to two. SO I started to study what I was practicing. Anyway long story short I found out that what I had been handed down to believe was a lie. SO now I am in my spirituality and there is lots of information available to different Gods and Goddesses. Yet not much on who is the creator or even how to pray. I have been told I am God myself so go within. I am not really sure what that even means. There is a method and order to everything. Even with that I am sure there is a way to show respect to the entity or energy that is responsible for all of creation. I want to find out what that is. I need to know how to gain my connection with the higher power. So if anyone could help me with this knowledge I would greatly appreciate it.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Welcome to Destee.com MzSunKissed, the best site on the Internet; we're certainly glad to have you here with us, for real straight-talk. I've highlighted above what I find to be critical and significant statements, and will partly address these like so.

Not sure what you are following now or the extent to which you understood the so-called Abrahamic Faiths to be about; know that the Bible was written by our African ancestors and requires robust deciphering since his-story supplanted truth, for sure. Nevertheless, we cannot throw the baby out with the bathwater, in my view, if we are to ring in answers to the questions buried within your statements....

Peace In,

I say this not in defense of Abrahamic faiths (i.e. religion), but if those religions have been tampered with over time in the form of misinterpretation and/or the removal of portions of text and books, can we be sure that we even have all the story that we need from that angle---I mean all that we need before we cleanly dismiss them? For me, any form of religion or spirituality has to extend beyond pretty-sounding theory to practical reality; therefore the test will always be about under what conditions you live here---not just about what you lay up for yourself in the "great beyond." People need to get their heads out of the clouds and form one-to-one, untainted relationships with the Creator in order to really experience truth.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back