Black Sports : Who is the better middleweight: Bernard Hopkins or Marvin Hagler?

$$RICH$$ said:
thankz for the update i'll be tuning in on a few

No problem rich, I forgot to add Dominick Guinn will be fighting on March 27th. He is a good up & coming heavyweight, considered by many to be the best of the young prospects. For any who care, here are two good boxing websites for news & interviews:

http://www.fightnews.com

http://www.boxingtalk.net

i think hagler would bruise up hopkins...hagler was a beast back in the day and the fight he had with suger ray was really one of the first fights i remember seeing as a youth that i though was fixed...now the person that i think that would better both hopkins and hagler is suger ray robinson...the combination of his power and reach would be to much to overcome....this is just my humble opinion...in my eyes, the most over-rated middle weight of all time was ray "boom boom" mancini...he was horrible even before he killed that asian boxer...
one love
khasm

I agree Sayword. Hagler was a bad, bad man. But Hopkins is being seriously under-rated by the brothers in this room. This fight would be a pick-em, and I can't see anyone knocking Hopkins out. Hopkins has it all, he can box + he has a vicous inside game. He isn't a devasting puncher, but he can knock you out, and is relentless.

As far as the great Sugar Ray Robinson is concerned, he was at his best at Welterweight. As a Middleweight the original Sugar Ray had quite a few losses to not so great fighters (Randy Turpin, Gene Fullmer, Carmen Basillo). As a result I wouldn't automatically give him a victor over Hagler or Hopkins. I think both would give him all he could handle, an both could beat him.

P.S. Ray Mancini was a lightweight, not a middleweight.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back