Black People : Who Is Black?

define said:
First, so is a person of a mixed race, or have physical characteristics such as light skin not black? And, philly, so are you saying if people don't get beat up by the police they are not black?

A person of mixed race (Black/non Black anyways ) is both Black AND ________. There is no difference between a light skinned Black person and a dark skinned Black person, both can be primarily African descended and have the same amount of White blood, genetics is just a dice game. My mom is light skinned and she has siblings who are light and dark and they share both the same parents ( her mom was mixed ).

"so are you saying if people don't get beat up by the police they are not black"

I think it was a **** joke, lol.

I fully agree with the definitions of blackness that have been given thus far. Based on today's society, blackness has become a state of mind or an identity for some rather than a physical or historical connection. Look at all of the non-blacks who exhibit their ideas of the "black persona" in their speech, dress, and actions. They seem to see blackness as a personality or socially popular medium used to "fit in" with a particular crowd. What it is to be black is to live black in your black skin, meaning that there's a true difference between "sympathizing" with the black experience and "living" it. That's just my thoughts on the issue.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back