Egypt : Who is Ani ?

SAMURAI36 said:
Therein lies the difference between the esoteric and exoteric....These 2 premises cannot be overlooked, when examining anything of a religious/spiritual nature.

While Kemetian theology is based almost totally on the abstract, the doctrine(s) of Abrahamic theology begins to dissolve once the historical aspect is subtracted, let alone questioned.
Aren't you painting with much TOO broad a brush by implying all Abrahamic theologists interpret the entirety of the bible/torah as literal truths?

Are there not a myraid of abrahamic groups that deal with the mythology within their belief, and in fact groups of (even) christians that do not believe the bible is a literal historical document?

I think more accurately we can say that some things are considered allegorical, others literal, and over time, the understanding of which stories constitute historical fact or allegory is subject to change.

The thing most striking to me about kemetian theology is it's constantly evolving, morphing nature, with myth/allegory woven in with historical backdrop...it is much more similar to Abrahamic tradition than I imagined.

SAMURAI36 said:
Oh, I totally agree with you.....But bear in mind, that was a WHITE man talking. All the more reason why we should not approach this aspect of Theology with that frame of mind.

In reality, there is no contradiction whatsoever.

The science behind Cosmology, is that it can brilliantly use spiritual language to describe a scientific phenomena.

The white man is amazed and baffled at how our ancestors built the Pyramids....Yet, they can find no tools of any relevant sort, to prove exactly how they did it.

All they can find, is a bunch of scrolls, talking about how "the Gods" helped them do it.....And because the White man is so stupid, and incapable of thinking on an abtract level, he inteprets these "Gods" as some being from Outer Space.

I've spoken on how language facilitates intellect in other threads. This is something that we REALLY should give close focus to.

For example: We all recognize the Japanese one of (if not) THE most technologically advanced societies in the world at present.

However, most people might be baffled at how their language consists of virtually NO technical words.

Take for instance: their word or AIRPLANE translates to mean "GIANT BIRD".

Their word for Television translates to mean "MAGIC WINDOW".

Take a second to think about how these words create a certain image in your mind...... Think about how organic and fluid "MAGIC WINDOW" is, verses how artificial, and rigid "TELEVISION" is.

Most people of a Western mindset would see this as a primitive way of thinking on the part of the Japanese. However, in reality it reflects a balanced mental perception between the realms of nature and industry.

The Kemetians operated from the same mindset. In fact, I am an adherant to the notion that the Kemetians taught this science to the Japanese, and to Asia proper.

HOTEP

Quote:

"The Kemetians operated from the same mindset. In fact, I am an adherent to the notion that the Kemetians taught this science to the Japanese, and to Asia proper."

This is something that the Hon. Elijah Muhammad taught, that my mother also believed. For this reason a lot of "Black Muslims" (at least the Elders) had a high regard for the Japanese who, it has been found, erected underwater pyramid-like structures (temples and/or tombs).

I also agree that much of which has been taken as literal is not only metaphorical, but symbological.

For example, it is stated that Ani was to have lived "millions of years". Ani was also declared to be "Maa Kheru".

Ani thus was a "model" scribe who epitomized immortality as one who was found to be sinless in the "Company of the Gods". This is to say that "Ani" was an attribute (i.e. Osiris Ani) of "man" in the perfected state.

Depending upon what version of Budge's book one is reading I suggest thoroughly reading his notes. For example, on page 353, in the section "Hymn to Osiris" he clearly states that , "An, or Ani was an ancient form of the Sun-god or Moon-god who is said to be the president of the Company of the Gods.

This is to say that "Ani" was the principle form of the "Neteru", or what also is referred as "Ennead" (Company of the Gods).

Peace...

kemetkind said:
The thing most striking to me about kemetian theology is it's constantly evolving, morphing nature, with myth/allegory woven in with historical backdrop...it is much more similar to Abrahamic tradition than I imagined.

Brother Kemetkind ... i agree with the above, it's almost disappointing.

I was all ready to sink my teeth into some hard and fast facts, truth, and instead it seems to be much like Christianity, in that we have to have faith and believe that what we are being told, is the truth. I thought we'd actually be able to connect some dots.

But it's all still so new to me ... kinda hard to grasp ... so i'm reserving my final opinion for the end of the lesson.

:heart:

Destee

i think both sides are right that ani was a real person and also that its metaphorical.
my understanding is that the book of the dead was (is) a formula for the dead to take with them in the afterlife. so any person who could afford to buy it, put their name on it and was buried with it.

The best one they found so far happens to have anis name on it, but i think there are others in other tombs with other peoples names.

The mataphorical part i think applies because this formula is relevent even today. so anyone can put their name in the place of ani and have the book apply to them. so basically its meant to be read in the first person. one who reads it and identifies with it, it applies to him and his name takes the place of anis name.
thats my understading. i'm readint it now and i'll post what i think about the first part as soon as i finish it.

Thanks everybody for your thoughts and contributions...keep them coming. this is going to be quite a trip!

kemetkind said:
So let me get this straight, when you yourself look in the mirror, do you see a picture of SET (the devil)?

If that's the persona (NETERU) that I've chosen to take on, then yes.

Perhaps I'm not totally clarifying this perspective.

The Devil is not some red-skinned creature with a pitchfork.

Nor is God floating on a cloud in "Heaven" somewhere.

These energies (Go{o}d and {D}evil) dwell within the Universe, but only take conscious form, if and when they dwell within Man.

Personally, I strive to elevate my highest Chakra, which is where AUSAR and TEHUTI dwell.

ANUK AUSAR, and ANUT TEHUTI ("I am {the embodiment of} these Deities, respectively).

PEACE

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back