Egypt : Who is Ani ?

SAMURAI36 said:
Sure.

We see here: http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/egipto/egypt_bookdead/bodead-13-papyrus-ani.htm

That it states:

"All the different sections of the papyrus were not originally written for Ani, for his name has been added in several places' by a later hand."

Also, many times in the Pert, Ani's name is mentioned in the second person (or third person, when "Ani" is supposed to be talking).

Further, the mythological metaphores of ATR's are commonly known to create a "commoner" who seeks to correspond to/with the Divine, for the purpose of becoming one of them.

HOTEP

I read that same quote here, but none of the above looks like evidence to me, that Ani was not a person.

I appreciate your effort though, and will keep in mind what you've shared, as i continue to study.

:heart:

Destee

To add-on further:

To understand aspects of the Pert, is to also understand aspects of daily Kemetic life.

For "Ani" to have been a historical person, to have written this tremendously invaluable text, would have meant that his life would have been well-documented, according to Kemetic tradition.

This has always been the case with Kemet's exceptional scribes, the likes of

PTAH-HOTEP http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ptah-hotep

Ptahhotep, sometimes known as Ptahhotpe or Ptah-Hotep, is the name of a 24th century BC vizier and philosopher. He was vizier to Djedkare Isesi in the Fifth dynasty of Egypt. He is known as the (supposed) author of a series of wise sayings known as The Maxims of Ptahhotep, assembled ca. 2350 BC. A manuscript copy, the Prisse Papyrus, is on display at the Louvre. They are intended as advice and instructions from a father to his son.

His tomb is located in a mastaba in North Saqqara.

He had a son named Ankhu, also a vizier[1].

AMENEMOPE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amenemope

Amenemope (ca. 1100 BC) was a "wise man" who lived in Egypt. He lived in Akhim, which was located on the east side of the upper delta of the Nile. His discourses resembled that of a father telling his son how to live the good life. Although his discourses are unique, they share common themes with other wisdom literature of other cultures surrounding Egypt (Babylonian, and Hebrew, i.e., Proverbs and Ecclesiastes).

The same can be said for other Kemetic writers, such as KHONSU-HOTEP....However nothing concrete is found about ANI.

Also, within the pages of the PERT, ANI's name is transliterated with the deities that "he" then becomes.

OSIRUS-ANI (or ANUK AUSAR; "I am the living Lord" ), THOTH-ANI (ANUT TEHUTI; "I am the embodiment of wisdom"), etc.

Thus, ANI becomes that which the name has always implied; the embodiment of the Divine.

PEACE

This has also been my understanding of Ani. All his adventures take place in the after world. It would be interesting to exxplore how this man could write down the events that took place after his death.

As I said in "Book of Journeys" the value of the book is not a question of historicity but analogy and representation.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back