destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

It seems that Ani is central to this work, so i thought i'd ask the question.

Who is Ani?

Can anyone give us some links or information surrounding this question?

Thanks a Bunch!

:heart:

Destee

All the different sections of the papyrus were not originally written for Ani, for his name has been added in several places' by a later hand.

Sister River ... i see Ani is a man. Okay. Thanks. :D

The papyrus of Ani is undated, and no facts are given in it concerning the life of Ani, whereby it would be possible to fix its exact place in the series of the illustrated papyri of the Theban period to which it belongs.

I also see that there is not much written about his life, but he did have a wife. Okay. :D

Cancel my questions, let me keep reading. :book: :read:

Destee

PEACE:

The biggest mistake people make within Kemetian Theology, is to presume that a name that is read or discovered, constitutes a historical person.

This is not correct.

Ani is a Kemetic word that means "I am". Thus, ANI as mentioned in the Pert is a recitation meant to be spoken by whomever reads the texts.

As you read the text, you see the spiritual adventure that ANI undertakes; communing with, and eventually becoming the God(ess)s that he and his wife THUTHU (which means "wisdom") meet on their travels into the realm of the spirit.

HOTEPET

SAMURAI36 said:
PEACE:

The biggest mistake people make within Kemetian Theology, is to presume that a name that is read or discovered, constitutes a historical person.

This is not correct.

Ani is a Kemetic word that means "I am". Thus, ANI as mentioned in the Pert is a recitation meant to be spoken by whomever reads the texts.

As you read the text, you see the spiritual adventure that ANI undertakes; communing with, and eventually becoming the God(ess)s that he and his wife THUTHU (which means "wisdom") meet on their travels into the realm of the spirit.

HOTEPET

Do you have any links to support the above?

Ani clearly seems to be a person, with a wife, tomb, and book of the dead for their journey.

What evidence do you have to support they were not a person?

Destee

Sure.

We see here: http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/egipto/egypt_bookdead/bodead-13-papyrus-ani.htm

That it states:

"All the different sections of the papyrus were not originally written for Ani, for his name has been added in several places' by a later hand."

Also, many times in the Pert, Ani's name is mentioned in the second person (or third person, when "Ani" is supposed to be talking).

Further, the mythological metaphores of ATR's are commonly known to create a "commoner" who seeks to correspond to/with the Divine, for the purpose of becoming one of them.

HOTEP

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back