Black Sports : Who here believes Super will upset Floyd Jr.

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by MississippiRed, Mar 26, 2006.

1. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I'm just throwing this out there and honestly I believe that it is a possibility. Super after a loss has always come back 100% more focused and determined to crush his opponent,and I think that loss to Baldomir had more to do with Super overlooking Baldomir alltogether and only focusing on the next fight which is this one with Floyd jr. We all know that Super likes nothing better than proving us all wrong everytime we say he's done.......Super's chin is suspect but his pop ain't Super can put a fighter on his *** but the question is how good is Floyd's chin to the best of my recollection he's never been hit hard enough or often enough for anyone to say definitely one way or the other . In my opinion also Floyd has a bit of pop but not that 1 shot drop power......Floyd has that accumulation power where he just beats on you until the body gives in.........now with this in mind and with Floyd's pride in the mix maybe pushing Floyd to stand flatfooted and fight Super I think this could turn out to be one of the biggest upsets in a long long time..........like I said most boxing writers and commentators have already given this fight to Floyd Jr. but from me sitting here looking at this fight and these cats history both together and individually this could turn ugly real quick........

Now don't get it twisted Super has to come in being exactly what he is right now....a desperate fighter trying to get his career back on track ......he has to train harder than he's ever trained, and come in ready for whatever Floyd has.....he has to be ready to take advantage of any and every opportunity Floyd gives him and for every opening he gets he needs to set his feet and throw like he's really trying to kill Foyd.....because when Floyd gets an opening he's going to try and close the show.....Super has to also get his head out of his *** and focus completely and utterly on this fight like it's his last one (and it may be his last major fight if he loses) .....if he does these things Super just may walk away doing something that not many people honestly thinks he can do.......

Now does that mean I'm behind Super to win......not necessarily....because I know he has problems with focusing and with not training as hard as he should at times so I just can't get behind him fully but this fight is far from being a giveaway........with that being said if I am putting any cash down for this fight it has to go with Floyd jr .....anyway just want some of yall's thoughts on it.....

MississippiRed

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I think the fight will probably be competitive, but I can't invision any scenerio where Zab beats Floyd.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    I like Floyd style and i honestly feel he will win this one
    Floyd will catch him in the right moment and put him away.

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Things are heating up

Now beltless, unbeaten three-division world champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. spoke to reporters yesterday about his April 8 showdown with IBF welterweight titlist Zab Judah in Las Vegas. Referring to Judah as a "hothead," Floyd stated that there is jealousy on Zab's part. "I beat Zab easily in a game of basketball in front of all of his friends and I put on him in a sparring session in the Top Rank gym.....my Uncle Roger told Zab's father, 'you got to stop this, this is not cool.'" Floyd also commented that he felt disrespected by Judah not showing up a conference call with reporters earlier in the week. "Zab claims he's focusing on the fight but how much focus do you need to talk on a speaker phone? I love the media. This is a promotion and it's a business. At the end of the day it takes two to sell a fight, but this time around it only took one. I'm upset at Zab for that." As for the fight, Floyd said Zab makes a lot of mistakes and "if you're a fighter that makes mistakes against me, trust me, you're going to pay. You need three things. You need to have a mind, heart and chin. Zab has a good mind, Zab has heart but his chin ain't up to par."

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2/headlines//EEuFlEukZyVRXagyck.html

5. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Good question. I think I will have to put my money on Floyd on this one.

6. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    ARE YOU GUYS READY FOR THE FIGHT THIS WEEKEND?

Of course, I have my money on Floyd, Jr. The boy is BAD!. :D

7. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34

Man you know I been ready for this one for a while.....here's Bert Sugar's rundown...

Mayweather vs. Judah Pre-Fight Analysis
    By Bert Randolph Sugar with Steve Small

"Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather Zab "Super" Judah
    Strengths: Strengths:
    The fastest hands in boxing today. He throws every punch in the book--and then some. And has good power in either. Very underrated body puncher.

A smart tactical fighter with an unusual defensive style--he leans straight back and to his right, away from opponent's punches, making them reach and enabling him to counter with his right.

Stepped up to test the welterweight waters in his last fight against the speedy lefty Shamba Mitchell and had no problems with the added weight. Almost as fast of hand as Mayweather and faster of foot, Judah has the style to frustrate Mayweather.

With more KO's (25 to 24) against heavier opponents, Judah has the power to match Mayweather's--and then some.

An effective fighter when he is aggressive, Judah can bring the fight to Mayweather, causing him problems.

Embarrassed by his loss to Carlos Baldomir in his last fight, Judah is focused for this showdown with Mayweather feeling as he did in his rematch with Cory Spinks, that he can once again "bounce back" from a loss.

Weaknesses: Weaknesses:
    Mayweather's style works better against right-handed fighters than against lefties because he leans towards a southpaw's power hand as opposed to away from an orthodox fighter's power hand, something Judah will look to exploit.

Mayweather leaves his chin up when he leans back, leaving him vulnerable to Judah's power left.

Mayweather has fragile hands, something that has deviled him in previous fights--as they did in the fight against Carlos Hernandez in 2001.

In the past Mayweather has had trouble with fighters who crowd him, leaving him little room to do that voodoo he does so well from longer range. Judah tends to lose his concentration during lulls in the action and forgets what he should be doing. And, as he did in fight against Baldomir, sometimes lets the fans fight his fight for him.

Judah's chin had been called "questionable"--for references, please see his two-round knockout by Kostya Tszyu.

With a tendency to back straight up with his chin up in the air, Judah leaves himself vulnerable to straight right hands down the pipe.

Must Do To Win: Must Do To Win:
    Floyd must capitalize on Judah's mistakes. This is what Kostya Tszyu did when Judah backed straight up with his chin in the air, dropping him with a straight right.

Mayweather should test Judah's chin early in the fight to see if it's wanting, as advertised.

Mayweather should look to beat Judah at his own game, outspeeding him and showing Zab that he's better at the best part of his game. Zab must be aggressive, moving in behind the jab and trying to catch Mayweather with left crosses as Floyd leans back.

Continue to move in and out, not stand in front of Mayweather after punching, as he did against Tszyu.

Judah must stay focused, keep moving and don't move back straight up, but move back to the right or the left.

And, above all, Zab must stay focused and not let up.

Red

8. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34
    Alright fellas just ordered the fight I don't have any money going out tonight though just sittin at home relaxing and watching.......this should be a good one......

MississippiRed

9. Monetary

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    MISSISSIPPI RED...

I ordered the fight earlier today. So, I'm ready. I agree with a lot of the analyst had to say about both fighters. However, I think Floyd will win because he can think and change strategy in the ring. Zab CAN'T do that. If Zab's plan goes awry, he's totally lost.

Both have pretty good ring gentlemanship. However, I think Floyd is a little better at it than Zab.

It should be a very good fight. Two boxer/punchers going at it. I hope there isn't a lull in the fight.

It's coming up next. Let's get to it. :D

10. Monetary

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    FLOYD OUTBOXED JUDAH...IT WAS TO BE EXPECTED

Floyd just straight up beat Zab Judah. That low blow in the 10th round did look intentional though. And I'm glad they didn't disqualify Mayweather when his Uncle/Trainer jumped into the ring. If they had disqualified Floyd's uncle, then they should have disqualified Zab for throwing punches during the brawl.

There would have been some serious problems if Floyd was disqualified when he was hit low and hit on the back of the head.

Anyway, very good fight. The best man won. :D

Floyd needs to spank Ricky Hatton's *** in his hometown. :lol: