Black People : Who Has The Right To Label Another Poster A Sellout Or A Traitor?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by chuck, Jul 13, 2013.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    As was and is true of this website, that remains the option of its creator/moderator, Sister Destee...

Let's do try to just agree to disagree, leave other judgement calls to her, as per usual...

FYI...

2. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Given the not always reliable 'alerts' option, I have been unable to track back to the person bringing up the other side of some shared concerns/worries/etc.

I. e., we are just individuals, a few who jumped or jump to some wrongheaded conclusions, which in and of itself is nothing new or news...

But somebody who is a person out to truly undermine our coming together, for the sake of ourselves and our relations, can and will blow all out of proportion what started out as minor differences of opinions etc., turning them into flame wars ad naseum..

One or two might well also be eventually found out to be government infiltrators..

Sister Destee claims to know who they are...

I say and write nobody knows 'everything'...

FYI

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Brother Chuck .... did you report the post, where someone was called a traitor and/or sellout?

Where is the link to it ... can you give us a link?

You're complaining about folk being called traitors and sellouts, while you call folk govt infiltrators?!

C'mon Brother Chuck ... you doin a lot right now ... with no evidence to any of it.

Where's the evidence of these claims you're making?

:heart:

Destee

4. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    For the record:

My politics etc. aren't based on hearsay/gossip/whatever is popular accepted/believed/etc. at the moment...

I. e., we live in different places/spaces/etc., some rise above/beyond personal gripes about certain people of other ethnic/racial/etc backgrounds, and/or whatever is dislikes about Arabs/Jews/Koreans/etc. is their personal issue/problem/etc., their business/choice/right/etc. to resolve as their feel and think is right and proper...

When folks come here declaring the Bible or their faith's religous beliefs ad naseum declare 'all' of that other people neither worthy or their respect and our enemy, yet more examples of folk in our midst trying to think for us...o

Instead, just present the facts, then I and we can just make up our own minds etc.

There is a difference between indoctrination and thinking things thru for yourself...

'Us vs them' is an usually overhyped reaction of this nation's white elite etc.

Instead world humanity can not be so easily and quickly summed up...

I e., our ancestors and their forebears had many alliances etc., and what we're being reduced down to is an insult to the mainstays of their era's freedom struggles etc.

Lincoln was a white racist with no intention of freeing our enslaved ancestors, but Fred Douglas changed his wartime posturing, i. e., leading to the inclusion of black troops etc., the Union side winning the Civil War...

FDR was anti union, but legendary A. Phillip Randoph agreed to not stage his original March on Washington, and with the aid of black fighter pilots the allies were the victors during the Second World War...

So why this defeatist attitude, when it comes to this nation's first African American president?

Again, it is not about just like or dislike the individual and/or his policies, it is about as Fred Douglas once said:

'Power concedes nothing without a demand...It never has and it is never will...'

It's about us too...

FYI...

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    So basically ... you have no evidence for the claims you're making.

Okay ... though these general, unsubstantiated accusations are not looked upon fondly.

If you have evidence that someone is calling folk sellouts, traitors, or are govt infiltrators ... put it on the table.

Or i'm gonna need you to let it alone ... until you do have evidence substantiating such claims.

Accusing folk with no evidence ... is disruptive to our peace ... a violation.

So i'm gonna close this thread.

Love You!

Destee

6. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Now I'm the person confused and dumbfounded!

Maybe you need to reread what I actually wrote and said...

I clearly admitted and said you are the final say so about such things, i. e., did admit why some of my and others claims were shortsighted, as well as why...

But via past exchanges, I also did wonder what would happen, if you took on all of the moderating duties...

Now you propose a panel of posters to be an in house court:

I say why not ask them to resolve their differences on their own?

If they can't or won't, that makes them a part of the problem, too...

Otherwise the rest reflect my own past experiences, i. e., with individuals who were found up to be infitrators, as well as the do's and don't of how others resolved those issues/problems/etc.

I. e., sometimes you just have to be aware of them, wait them out, let them expose themselves...

Pretending they aren't there at all, is a bad call...

FYI...

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Brother Chuck ... since you are not able or willing to name names, point to specific violations, i can't help you.

I've closed this thread ... but if and when you're ready to put it all on the table ... you can start a new one.

These shrouded, vague accusations are simply not fair and disruptive to our peace.

Love You!

Destee

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    okay Brother Chuck ... that's fair ... i'll open it back up ... i might have read it wrong, i'm so into moderating mode ... there is a little room for error on my part ... i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and open it back up ... but it does appear you're accusing folk of some wrong-doing without providing any evidence ... which is not good ... but i'll look the other way this time ... Love You!

Destee

9. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    I hardly consider myself above criticism, but when my mistakes are brought to my attention, I do try to correct them...

No, I'm refraining from naming names, because I don't know for sure...

But, I am suggesting that you (and parties you trust) keep tabs on what leads some from merely disagreeing, to starting up flame wars...

I. e., I'm suggesting this, because maybe none of the parties started them, and you probably do need to ban those, who did!

Thing is, one has to contrast those who are just troublemakers, from those who might turn out to be infiltrators...

FYI...

FYI...

10. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Not everybody who posts on message boards play by the same rules...

But not everybody who plays by their own are infilitrators...

FYI...