Black Women : Who has heard of "womanist" writer Kola Boof

Thank you sooo much Bros PanAfrica & Monetary !!!

This Sistah is PHENOMENAL...totally amazing
I love her straightforwardness and candor
What she had to say about Black men marrying white
and having white children needed to be said as well
as what she said about Black women needing to raise
our children differently. I will definitely be purchasing
her books ! I didn't think it was possible to feel more
pride at being a BLACK WOMAN...she is very inspiring

Much Peace ~

Akilah said:
What she had to say about Black men marrying white
and having white children needed to be said as well
as what she said about Black women needing to raise
our children differently.

Agreed! However I've said the exact same thing, applied equally to black men & women, only to be harshly criticized & disagreed with by "some" on this website.

panafrica said:
I'm still learning more about her, but have enjoyed what I've heard so far!

I enjoyed the sister's spirit on her video documentary.

I did however find some of her rhetoric contradictory.

She blasts black men like Barkley, Poitier, etc. for having these white relationships and not bringing black children into the world but when listing off her literary heroines she lists Alice Walker among them who herself was married to a white man (Toni Morrison also - who I think has history with white men as well).

She also calls black men "weak, insecure little men" but then talks about the greatness of black men in her life such as Derek Bell who she "place above the father of my children."

She talks about the power of the african american culture that is recognized the world over but then buys into some very supremacist language when expressing her frustration at the position of black women by saying that "no one respects a nig!ger" and that our culture is "niggerized."

She despises Arabs, was raised by black Americans, but somehow ends up a mistress for Osama Bin Laden...against her will?

Seems like Too many contradictions.

I do agree with most of her sentiment about Black people (how we've internalized white supremacy with our color caste and how we SHOULD value black women) and will probably check out her books before forming an opinion on her.

kemetkind said:
She blasts black men like Barkley, Poitier, etc. for having these white relationships and not bringing black children into the world but when listing off her literary heroines she lists Alice Walker among them who herself was married to a white man (Toni Morrison also - who I think has history with white men as well).

Certainly that is contradictory!

She also calls black men "weak, insecure little men" but then talks about the greatness of black men in her life such as Derek Bell who she "place above the father of my children."

This is why it is important to specify exactly who you are targeting instead of speaking in absolutes, which too many black writers do.

I do agree with most of her sentiment about Black people (how we've internalized white supremacy with our color caste and how we SHOULD value black women) and will probably check out her books before forming an opinion on her.

I also need to check out the books before making a final judgement. All I've done thus far is listen to the video.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back