Who Has a Tattoo (or tattoos)?

diakonos

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 13, 2004
I recently got a tattoo, on my upper right arm. For everyone that has a tattoo (or tattoos), I have questions about how to take care of it over the next few days.

How often should I rinse it off (with or without mild soap)?

How many times a day should I apply the bacitracin ointment on it?

Because I weight train, I have always used cocoa butter on my arms to remove stretch marks. Will using cocoa butter dull the color or design of my new tat?

I’ve been told that it will eventually scab up. When should I expect this to happen? What should I do when it happens?

I got it done 3 days ago. How long should I expect this God awful itching to last? Is there anything I can do to alleviate some (if not all) of the itching?

Finally, (if you don't my sharing on a personal level) what is the meaning of or story behind your tattoo?

Hey diakonos, I had to wipe mine of water drops that appeared on the top of it. I was told not to wash it. It was hard trying to shower without getting it wet. I used vasoline, but not too much. As far as the itching, I had to deal with it a little while. I wanted to scratch it too.

Mine is just a dragon, no specific meaning, just a dragon since i like them so much. It's not really detailed, it's more tribal style, just a fill, but with dark green ink. I want to get a couple of swords because I collect them so I think it would be cool to have one in ink. What's your tattoo of?

kente417mojo said:
Hey diakonos, I had to wipe mine of water drops that appeared on the top of it. I was told not to wash it. It was hard trying to shower without getting it wet. I used vasoline, but not too much. As far as the itching, I had to deal with it a little while. I wanted to scratch it too.

Mine is just a dragon, no specific meaning, just a dragon since i like them so much. It's not really detailed, it's more tribal style, just a fill, but with dark green ink. I want to get a couple of swords because I collect them so I think it would be cool to have one in ink. What's your tattoo of?

Mine is an Aztec Bat, with the word TZIN 5 (pronounced zin 5, the "T" is silent) written on it.

i got my most recent tattoo last year august (eye of horus). i have 4 tattoos total (see thread: Me and My Tattoos). i did the whole bacitracin thing for my first tattoo (arm band) only. that was too messy and too much trouble for me by the time i got my second tattoo (butterfly). all you really have to do is treat it the same you would any other wound... keep it clean. you shouldn't use any vaseline. uhhh... i used antibacterial soap. i did not use any type of moisturizer until they were scabbed up. i think the grease is supposed be bad for the ink or something. there are a lot of websites online that will give u instructions on how to care for your tattoos.

the meanings of my tattoos:

arm band: at the time i got it (21 years old) there was not a reason. i just thought that arm bands were cool ever since i was 16 years.

my butterfly: ideally, i would like to live my life by just going where the wind takes me. and i have always loved the beauty of butterflies.

eye of horus: represents my rebirth both spiritually and culturally. i have also always had a weird fascination with eyes even before i ever heard of the eye of horus.

my fourth tattoo: is my personal nickname for my boyfriend (we just celebrated our 5 year anniversary)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back