Black People : Who Exactly Are We Fighting in Afganistan?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by river, Dec 3, 2009.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Enlighten me fambly because I am kinda confused.

I've been under the impression that we are over there fighting the Afghans, a people who to date remain unconquered. But according to this news article we are fighting FOR the Afghans who won't take responsibility for securing their own country against the dreaded Taliban.

Also it gets hilariously crazy when the democrats start criticizing Obama for how much his strategy is going to cost.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Re...Afghanistan+troop+strategy/2294350/story.html

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    I think those Democrats are more concerned about the continuatilon of Dick Cheney's get rich slowly strategy of perpetual war, when they heard promises of an end to war.
    Afghanistan is a nation dependent on opium production
    and everyone with a gun some land and some poppy seeds is fighting over the best price for the product.
    The Afghanistan people want the US there about as much as they wanted the Russians there but, Isreal feels unsafe, a pipline must go through that nation, and heroin and opium is big business, so troops must be there, to serve corporate and the interests of Wall street.

And if one believes the media hype about 9/11 rather then what really happened;
    (Loose Changehttp://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3719259008768610598&ei=G0kYS464FqKAqwLq5qAT&q=loose+change+final+cut&hl=en#)

then really did any of the 15 high-jackers come from Afghanistan?

The neocons planned to invade Afghanistan long before 9/11
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6afjdjjG1mI

the real purpose of the war is oil

3. 360

360 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +148
    Do you also believe that American soldiers are in Afrikan nations fighting "rebels?"

Why do you believe there is such a thing as the Taliban?

Why do you believe there is such a thing as Democrats? Why do you believe in that idea?

Why do you care what is said about Obama?
    Do you honestly think that Obama has real power?
    If you don't mind, do me a favor and break down the alleged costs of Obama's strategy bit by bit.

4. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +862
    War is no longer destroying people who hurt you through personal combat. We need to stop thinking of it like that. Because of nuclear power, any superpower can completely anihilate anyone who appears to be a threat to them. So deployment of troops is not for fighting anyone, they are protecting their interets in some way.

Peace

5. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Peace sister River

I guess it takes a long time to build an oil pipeline and while it's being built and after it's built you will need forces to protect it....

6. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Exactly the point, and they will tell us any excuse or lie to continue thier imperialist mission, regadless of how many lives are lost or nations destroyed

7. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I listened to a video of the speech Obama gave the other night explaining his strategy. About 95 per cent of what he said was pro-illusion. The rest was straight up bald faced lies.

it is always difficult to distinguish those who create the illusion from those who merely buy it. How can you say that the United States has never sought world domination, occupation or oppressed others because of their religion and ethnicity--how do you say that with a straight face unless you actually believe it? How do you promise the world that America will stand up for their human rights but refuse to attend a summit where Israel is the one accused of violating those rights? But then how do you pledge yourself to represent a nation that wants to be lied to and be expected to tell the truth?

I agree that this war is about oil. Since the U.S. gets most of its oil from Canada and Mexico I think it is more about controlling the oil than using it. If the U.S. controls oil in the middle east then when European nations want oil they will have to negotiate with the U.s.

8. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    I have been in a state of depression since watching that speech Tuesday night, cause with all the hell struggle and turmoil, our people have been through and the millions of Black folks who have lost thier lives in US wars, both overt and covert, it felt darn creepy for me to hear those words, Bush-Nixon-Reagan like words,
    comeing from the mouth of a Black man.
    It was realy creepy, and I could see the dampness in his eyes and the pain and tremors in his throat,
    of a man being forced against his will to sell his soul on telvision.

9. 360

360 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +148
    Not really

10. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I think he should learn to play the violin.