Black Short Stories : Who Do You Love? - Neglected Love Part 2

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by Bishop, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +86
    It’s been a month since Shawn walked in on Lamont and Angie.
    A month since she came to the reality that Lamont was the man she was destined to be with. A month when she realized that now she may have lost him forever. Shawn and Lamont had talked later on that day and settled some issues. She was upset but she knew she didn’t have a right to be. After all she was the one who kept turning Lamont away, never giving love a chance. She was the one who said she couldn’t commit to him. Who would blame him for going on and starting a relationship with someone else? It was her fault. She chose to take this time to be by herself. Angie now occupied Lamont’s free time and she even laughed at herself when she got jealous at the whole thing. She hadn’t gone out with anyone since the night she and Andre broke up a month ago. She even laughed because now she knows how Lamont felt all those times she was dating different guys all the while he was hoping one day he would have a chance.
    She had never felt this way before…She truly loved Lamont and always had, yet she used her fear as a cop out. Always assumed he would be there whenever she called…and now he wasn’t…

Lamont had just dropped Angie off after a dinner and a movie. They decided to call it an early night because he had a meeting first thing in the morning and he wanted to be fresh.
    While driving he passed by Shawn’s house. Almost religiously whenever he came this way he would slow down just to see if she was home. He didn’t even realize he was still doing this as he looked up and noticed her light on. He was tempted to stop and check in on her, but he resisted. After all he just left Angie so he could go to bed early, now how would it looked if he stopped by to see Shawn. It’s been a month and they had barely talked to each other. He knew she was disappointed at the fact that he and Angie were together, and yet he was still lingering on those words that he heard on that morning when Shawn said that she needed to spend her life with him. This has been a good month yet a torturing one as well. He liked Angie a lot. She possessed a soul that connected so well with his own. She was beautiful and intelligent, and motivated. She had a passion that enthralled him. Neither had exchanged any words of love yet. Still trying to see which direction the relationship was going. This was one ride he was definitely enjoying. Different from the roller coaster he was constantly on with Shawn, yet there was something about Shawn. He truly loved her, but he also had been hurt by her…Oh not intentionally but hurt nevertheless…now he had a girl that wanted to be with him and he couldn’t risk losing this potentially good thing.

When Lamont got home he kept thinking about Shawn…who was he kidding? He knew he was still in love with her. When you’ve fallen for someone that badly it just doesn’t go away overnight. He decided to call her…in his mind he kept hearing this voice telling him to hang up…. “Don’t you dare give her the satisfaction of knowing that you miss her… Did she think about your feelings?”…suddenly Shawn answers “hello?” Lamont takes a deep breath and responds in a cool manner “ hey Shawn what up?” Shawn upon hearing his voice smiles and responds with a simple “hey”. “Listen I was just checking in on you to see what’s going on?” he says. Shawn still keeping things simple replies with “nothing much how bout yourself?” Both realizing the tension, tries to relax, after all they’ve been friends since as long as they could remember. “How’s Angie?” Lamont winces thinking why’d she have to go there…. “She’s fine I just dropped her off”. Shawn then says, “You two seem to be hitting it off well…you even make a nice couple. She got herself a good man…so what’s in the future for you two?” Lamont wasn’t expecting this turn in the conversation. “Well who knows I mean it’s only been a month. Who knows what may happen…. we’re just taking it one day at a time.” Shawn feels bad about the way this is going. She put him in an awkward position, but hey she was going to see just how much she had lost him. “ Well don’t wait too long…. you know some folks wait thinking they have all the time in the world, never realizing that when they come to their senses…its too late…Don’t make my mistake boo.” Now Lamont just wanted to hang up the phone. Her line of questioning is really making him think about his future with Angie. Is he with her because he truly loves her? Or is it because he feels that this is a way of hurting Shawn. He’s wondering how does she like being on the outside while he’s doing his thing? Lamont decides he needed to let her go…after all he did have a meeting in the morning. After hanging up he kept hearing this voice in his mind…berating him for calling Shawn… “ Why’d you have to open up a can of worms? You got a good thing with Angie, but no you go and break down and call Shawn, the girl that pushed you to the curb. Now instead of going to sleep thinking about this fine lyrical sista you’re with, you gotta go to sleep with me nagging you with this one question…WHO DO YOU LOVE?”

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    she knew he was the love of her life long ago !
    man i like dis story pt.#3 pleaseeeee.....

3. elayne.

elayne. Well-Known Member MEMBER

lover of words.
    Ratings:
    +0
    bish.

now... you know you ain't right! ...right?!

all imma say is this:
    WHEN YOU G'ON POST PART 3?!!
    (don't play, neither!! :lol: )

sheesh!! :tongue:

itsallLove, chile.

elayne.

4. redlady

redlady Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    yeah this is good, cause there are issues here...Angie is cool, but she knew that Shawn was the apple of Lamonts eye didn't she? So now Angie went for hers, Lamont was tired of being alone and Shawn finally woke up...hmmm...looks to me like Angie might not be able to hang no matter how lyrical she is...but wait! This isn't my story! Hit me off Bishop, you've got me wanting more!!!!

5. UbZoRbShUn

UbZoRbShUn Well-Known Member MEMBER

-----------
    Ratings:
    +1
    ummmm hummm red you right with that

bishop check paragraph two the sixth sentence and "boo" say i didn't read that:D waiting for more

One

6. wildflower7

wildflower7 Well-Known Member MEMBER

motherhood
    Ratings:
    +4
    :lol: zorby... :spinstar:

7. Queen_of_Spades

Queen_of_Spades Well-Known Member MEMBER

surviving, living, and thriving
    Ratings:
    +0
    I like the issues this brought up..second guessing of emotions and intentions...lemme read on.

8. sexe1

sexe1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Purchaing
    Ratings:
    +0
    Found part 2...I like it....gotta look for part 3....cause I want to know who he picks...hehehehe

9. alter

alter Well-Known Member MEMBER

insurrection
    Ratings:
    +0
    ain't that the truth...

...decisions, decisions.

10. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219