Science and Technology : who didn't see this one coming?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by anAfrican, Jul 30, 2010.

1. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    they get ya all excited about the fancy new tech that ya just gotta have; hype it up and make it all look/sound like ya gots ta have one "to be cool" or because it's a "new and improved" "must have" item and then they mine it for all your private data ... which they sell to folks that insist that you MUST listen to every one of their pushy sales pitches for crap that costs more and is worth less ... when it actually does what you paid for it to do, but one usually has to buy a service or another little component or three just to get it to do that much.

<sigh> just like i been trying to say: malware and such couldn't happen if the software developers didn't put the hooks in the software in the first place (cough**microsoft, i'm talking to you ... too**cough). sometimes the developers don't know whats in the apps they build/sell??!!!

now one just has to have an android or an iphone:

oops!

What your phone app doesn't say: It's watching

Your smart phone applications are watching you — much more closely than you might like.

Lookout Inc., a mobile-phone security firm, scanned nearly 300,000 free applications for Apple Inc.'s iPhone and phones built around Google Inc.'s Android software. It found that many of them secretly pull sensitive data off users' phones and ship them off to third parties without notification.

That's a major concern that has been bubbling up in privacy and security circles.

The data can include full details about users' contacts, their pictures, text messages and Internet and search histories. The third parties can include advertisers and companies that analyze data on users. more...

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    wow......so that's how they do it and blaze your phone with all these advertising crap!

I didn't see it , but i should have !

3. Light

Light Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    Lol;

Itz even more than that, we know that each and all of us are watched online. From were you go on websites to your all your sensitive material such as your credit card numbers and email.

If some one if fired from some secret agency what happens to all the data they collected???
    Who says that it is not at their home....

I was told twice in my life that not only do they find information through cookies and such ...

But your computer screen is like a two way mirror basically a video camera watching you and what ever you are looking at...

Being some one what tech savy ... the filament that makes it possible to see the material on the internet could be able to transmit light in the opposite direction....

Basically a cam corder...

4. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
  5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    you ain't never lied here this how they work and everything we do they already know .
    nothing is private or safe anymore.