Black People : Who Determines Our Identities?

@Light
Exactly...
Its just like that stuff in the Congo...
Even black folk aren't totally immune to the problem...
Seems to me even if white folk had never existed we'd still be talking about the problems of one group of people hating on another group - they'd just find something else to base their discrimination on - like curly hair v straight hair or something...
Personally I'm always just stumped by it - nobody has ever really given me a good or even half good explanation of why one person hates another just cause they look different

@Light
Exactly...
Its just like that stuff in the Congo...
Black folk aren't immune to the problem...
Seems to me if white folk had never existed we'd still be talking about the problems of one group of people hating on another group - they'd just find something else to base their discrimination on - like curly hair v straight hair or something...
Personally I'm always just stumped by it - nobody has ever really given me a good or even half good explanation of why one person hates another just cause they look different

Slow your roll

The civil War in Congo is a DIRECT result of whites....there is alot of info on destee and online in regards to the congo...the truth is out there if you really want t to know.

pleases note:I am NOT excusing the atrocities committed by blacks in the congo. Just as one cannot say: The Palestinians are a bunch of crazy muslims who are killing Jews for no reason. Everything in life has cause and effect.

And i don't buy that ''i don't understand, its way over my head'' stuff you keep saying. I think you very intelligent and i think you make AN EFFORT to understand a concept when YOU WANT TOO.

i don't know who put that in your head when you were growing up but its not good look....even autistic kids are some of the most BRILLIANT people in world.

In direct response to the white racist propaganda, put forth by the film --THE BIRTH OF A NATION--, which for the sake of reuniting white people after a divisive U. S. Civil War, (also in spite of our black forbears courage and battle on the winning side, their and their peoples needs and wants were forgotten/sidelined/tabled, etc.), i. e., the film became yet another ploy to blame the victims--excuse the victimizers--by the way of white actors in blackface literally retelling the rise and fall of Reconstruction Era, and from such a deceit/disgraceful/one sided persspective, it even dared to portray the KKK as the saviors of white folk everywhere in this nation!

On the other hand:

That also did bring about a brief and memorable number of African American films, as well as the attempt at an African American film industry etc.; in order to counteract white racist propaganda about black folk being less than human and/or inferior to white folk etc.

So, we're merely the latest (and hopefully not the last), i. e., who've becoming aware of just how manufactured the notions of who is 'superior' and 'inferior' truly are!

Therefore, let us reexamine all of the facts etc., whereas this notion of a Jewish comspiracy in the mass media biz, i. e., in opposition to black folks best interests, may or may not be true; though it came after the earlier parties did their dirt and our folk had to clean up themselves afterwards, etc.

So-- also let us remember-- via different circumstances and different eras-- there are different players/different motivations/etc..

Above and beyond that:

I am starting to be critical of and/or question anybody who continues to claim or say that even white folk are united at all!

I. e., which TV show or movie, past or present, has ever presented the real white america and the real white americans?

You tell me the answer to that question too!

:10500:

Archie Bunker lol just kidding

book, yes will get back on that after reading

In any event,

Elder Chuck the "inspiration" or "motivation" that creates these presentations is designed to produce the reaction of anger, so that vice may feed and feast upon those that have light

emotions should be USED to understand experience, the picture is not what has happened, but what will happen, one particular outcome to a story that was not written by "US"

and who is US is the important question to ponder as opposed to living and re living the same style oppression just socially rearranged

victims become victims for a reason

SAME ORIGINAL INTENT, SAME PLAYERS, DIFFERENT "COSTUMES"

SAME MOTIVATION, DIFFERENT INTERPRETATION OF THE SAME CONTINUOUS EVENTS

OK my Congo example probably wasn't the best one I could have chosen - just that although whites have taken it to the extreme I think this is a problem with all races, both between races and within them - like the problems in the UK between Asian youths and Black ones or in history the thing in Nanking between the Japanese and the Chinese.

As far as the 2nd point OK I know I have like zero percent self-esteem, well maybe up a bit from that these days - like I heard people on here say some blacks have an inferiority complex cause of being treated badly by whites - well its almost going to the same thing. If for years people tell you that cause you go to Spec.Ed classes that you are thick, stupid, retarded etc years later you may well know you you have a high IQ and a degree, but that's just in your head, not your heart. Now I can understand pretty much anything if its presented in clear English and in a non abstract way - but a lot of people on here are like majorly into religion, philosophy and so on and they write in a way I genuinely do not get and when I see a whole page of stuff sometimes that might as well be in Korean or something those feelings just come back. My brain just works in a different way. There's truth in your very last phrase.

OK my Congo example probably wasn't the best one I could have chosen - just that although whites have taken it to the extreme I think this is a problem with all races, both between races and within them - like the problems in the UK between Asian youths and Black ones or in history the thing in Nanking between the Japanese and the Chinese.

As far as the 2nd point OK I know I have like zero percent self-esteem, well maybe up a bit from that these days - like I heard people on here say some blacks have an inferiority complex cause of being treated badly by whites - well its almost going to the same thing. If for years people tell you that cause you go to Spec.Ed classes that you are thick, stupid, retarded etc years later you may well know you you have a high IQ and a degree, but that's just in your head, not your heart. Now I can understand pretty much anything if its presented in clear English and in a non abstract way - but a lot of people on here are like majorly into religion, philosophy and so on and they write in a way I genuinely do not get and when I see a whole page of stuff sometimes that might as well be in Korean or something those feelings just come back. My brain just works in a different way. There's truth in your very last phrase.

degrees are receipts - and are worldly validation

If you make the affirmation "I HAVE ZERO PERCENT SELF ESTEEM"

This is the "value" or "worth" that you place upon yourself

Much Love to You

u should recite to urself:

I am beautiful, I am smart
today there is only Love in my heart

You are immersed in God, and God can sense you self

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back