Black People : Who Determines Our Identities?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by chuck, Sep 1, 2010.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Us or them?

And if it is not us and is them:

Why do we just deny the obvious?!?

Also I feel and think that we merely react to their negative influences--we don't respond via the challenges involved-- via counteracting them...

Therefore , let us strive and try to reexamine the influences of TV shows/movies/song lyrics/music videos/etc.

:em0200:

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    If not us, who? Easy; from a historical perspective.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer

It all comes down to who owns and controls not the means of production but the means of distribution of the product.

Who is/was behind this early media monopoly and who still controls the (financial capitalist) monopoly over media distribution?

http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php...m_merrill_lynch_goldman_sachs_morgan_stanley/

Even then, whatever exists of this media giant is heavily indebted.

"Whether MGM can avoid voluntary or involuntary bankrupty has been a topic of much discussion in the film industry. MGM must repay a US$250 million line of credit in April 2010, a US$1 billion loan in June 2011, and its remaining US$2.7 billion in loans in 2012. In May 2009, MGM's auditor gave the company a clean bill of health, concluding it was still on track to meet its debt obligations. At that time, the company was negotiating with its creditors to either extend the debt repayment deadlines or engage in a debt-for-equity swap. Industry observers, however, have questioned whether MGM can avoid a Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing under any circumstances, and conclude that any failure to conclude the negotiations must trigger a filing. MGM and its United Artists subsidiary now produce very few films each year, and it is widely believed that MGM's solvency will depend on the box office performance of these films (especially its upcoming 23rd James Bond film).

:geek:

3. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,926

Ethnic identities are based on culture, family, and religious culture. And in every civilization, there are many cultures; and in every culture, there exist many sub-cultures. I believe ethnic identity means that the person knows what he is and what he is not, what to do, how he is supposed to act after certain not always written rituals. He/she feels like a member of a very exclusive club, their family, their society,and their generation. Our codes that form our ethnic identity are crystallized in our customs and many times even our feelings are ruled by our ethnic identity.

Peace!

4. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,926
    Hollywood has a negative impact on the world and it loves to present itself as the entertainment capital of the world with all that glitters being gold. The reality is that Hollywood is racist, superficial,and irresponsible.Hollywood for all of its talk about human rights, equal opportunities, has denied opportunities to minorities such as African Americans, Latins, Native Americans except to portray them as thieves, tramps, drunks, servants, or killers. It took a long time for any minority to overcome such barriers and some remain.

Denzel should have gotten his Oscar for "X",but he lost out to a talking pig,He didn't win one until he played the role of a crooked cop,thief,and killer. Hollywood is also a product of a cultural imperialism that denigrates any superior deity while promoting empty ideologies such as Humanism, Violence, Survival of the Fittest, and the Culture of Death. Almost every day, Hollywood spits out all forms of violence and chaos that have been passed on as entertainment by the moguls. It is this culture of death and violence that is defining us as a race,and America as a whole.

Peace!

5. Light

Light Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    You have to turn that crap off.....

I have not watched tv in about five yearz...

But now they are moving to internet with addz and crap on all my favorite sites.

So I try to catch movies on Japanese websites and such; but America is blocking the sites now. Because they are trying to force us to watch their commercials because it "programz" and it does this through "channelz"

Pay close attention to the word " channeling"

comming from the source or "sorcery"

6. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Afternoon, posters, and all are good replies...

Thank you!

:geek:

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I agree with all above , it really is worthless but more the media build up that have
    captured many of us in this mental sponge soaking us up in this crappy frinzy of
    today's society.

8. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    We have from the days of American slavery to this desegregated era sought to define ourselves...

It has been the reaction and overreaction of various groups of white bigots and white racists etc., up to and including white corporate media moguls in NYC and Hollywood, to redefine us in relatioship to them and theirs, i. e., belittling or trivializing our best and brightest achievements, etc., literally reducing down our various means/ways/etc. of survival, for the sake of 'entertainment' on the surface--containment and control etc.--suppression and oppression--therefore keeping most of me and mine marginal players etc. on this part of what is actually a world stage...

On the other hand:

Even when our faint echoes get heard around the globe, the rest of the world's people do eventually realize just how much a fantasy trip living in the USA is!

Safer and saner for today's generations to seriously ponder what to do, etc., i. e., since all--uh--trips--eventually do end...

:em0200:

9. Light

Light Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    My friends;

It drawz a tear to my every time I think of telling people what is really happening to people starting from first time you hear a sound...

If I truly told you all... you would want to find me and shoot me....

I know because I had a very very very expanded childhood... in other words I was raised in a lot of different places and lived with many types of people.

The arrogance in the words I would say would be unbearable......

For example a few dayz ago was a Jewish holiday... they took millions of chickens and swirled them around their headz to remove sins or the things that they do wrong....
    Then the chickens are killed ............. but what do they do with the millions of chickens after this ????? Thats right they are given to the poor and much of them are probably sold .....

And who is it that are generally poor ???

But to understand this people would have to study ancient cult thought... far far back.....before Christianity ... because well hmm .... never mind I wont explain the connection between the religious ideals.....

Read as much as you can my friends take knowledge from everything you can find.....

It is like a book, when you read a book the world becomes more alive because you recognize things in life for the first time that you saw in a book...

For example if you read a book about peroxide and found that the same 3% peroxide you have on your shelf is the same peroxide that fuels rockets just at 60% - 80% level compared to the 3% you rinse your mouth out with...

From that information peroxide just became much more real to you.

It is knowledge that makes us alive it is what makes things real. We all contribute even the television... but it is how information is told that makes it screwed.

Information is a word therefore there are many ways to give information... there are many ways to explain information... and there are many informations to give...

There is a duality in life.... basically the number 1 holds every other number in the one number .... but at the same time it is just one number...

Everything holds infinity ... the energy just has to be applied...

You are the energy and we are being used for the energy... including me I just try to give less than otherz... and keep more for me because the system is to greedy ....... the system has many rights but it is going about itz rightz... in the wrong fashion......

Sorry for going off on a tangent.......

Much love and light to you all.....

10. Nameless

Nameless Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +110

In all actuality your arrogance, although you speak of arrogance that you have witnessed, is overtly overwhelming

If you told us, as if we are unaware and do not know

Television is a projected energy, particles and waves like everything else in physical existence

one does not recognize what one does not have a previous reference for

so the physical senses of hearing/sound and viewing/eyes have an effect on the brain, which is also waves and particles

however the brain is programmed to respond to the projection of colors and sound will then in turn activate a region of the brain where processing takes place

what we "recognize" is not pictures in a book but more a response to the vibrations and waves we have a previous non physical sensation for

It is GOD that makes us alive, and it is when we vibrate too slow we be come unaware of this, and seek knowledge outside of ourselves and allow our identities to be dictated to us