Black Spirituality Religion : Who Decides what is Truth and What Isn't?

The Truth is stable, unchanging, and unchangeable. Unfortunately each person's truth is filtered thru their knowledge and experiences. 2 + 2 = 4 all day long, but if you are bad at math, 2 + 2 = 5 will be your personal true equation until you are taught and learn better! A way to approach people without thumping them over the head with what is true (to me), and this has worked for me, is to ask them why they believe the way they believe. It creates a dialouge. I am not out to convert anyone to what I personally believe. thru my experiences I note a lot of good in most religions. And, to be honest I'd rather see how religion manifests in individuals, in other words, what is their "walk" like? If a person isn't living what they are talking, then their message, their truth, becomes shallow in my eyes, any way. But who am I to judge????????????

2+2=4 = 4+4=8

it's all the same thing......

the 4 of hearts is equivelent to the 8 of spades...

math is abstract ..... numbers are chaotic.......

they are never final and they fluctuate.......

they can be broken down........ to the essence ......

so i would say that the truth is forever changing but if broken down is built on only one foundation...

Mathematics don't lie, so aint no arguing with that. But as far situations or your position on something, truth is subjective to perspective.

That's Peace! But then you knew I would say that.

Truth is the light that brings you out of the stages of mental darkness. So what ever does that for you is your truth. Forget the organized faiths. I could never understand how people could get degrees in something like theology that cannot be proven.

If a book has truth and lies in it then how can you be sure what really is true and what really is a lie in that book? You can't, therefore only a book that is 100% percent true is worthy of reading.

For example if I wrote a book on how to defuse a bomb and told you that the book has some truths and some lies within it would and/or could you trust the book ? Of course not! You can only trust a book with the complete truth on defusing a bomb and likewise on how to live your life.

If a book has truth and lies in it then how can you be sure what really is true and what really is a lie in that book? You can't, therefore only a book that is 100% percent true is worthy of reading.

For example if I wrote a book on how to defuse a bomb and told you that the book has some truths and some lies within it would and/or could you trust the book ? Of course not! You can only trust a book with the complete truth on defusing a bomb and likewise on how to live your life.

What if there was different ways in defusing the bomb?