Black People : Who Controls Our Collective Success?

Who Controls Our Collective Success?

• Us

Votes: 40 83.3%
  • Them

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters
In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Some thoughts..

..first of all, we in this thread cant agree to disagree so how can we bring our youth into a "collective". Second, we have a crisis in our communites..at least we do here in Columbus, Ohio. How do we get these guns from our youth who are using them for home invasions and robbery because they feel they have no hope? There are no jobs because adults are being laid off daily and are taking them. The parents in a lot of cases are caught up in trying to keep a roof over thier heads and have no clue what and where the youth are or what they are doing. In order to become collective, we have to figure out how to save our community. As Im typing this, they just put 650 people out of work. A couple of you brothers..and Im saying this with love and respect, need to go in the chat room ALONE and iron out your differences because you both bring things to the table we need but the back and forth gets old. I want to hear you both but the testosterone is disruptive. I hope my thoughts were not out of place.

Linda Chavis,
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

testosterone is disruptive? lol

..first of all, we in this thread cant agree to disagree so how can we bring our youth into a "collective". Second, we have a crisis in our communites..at least we do here in Columbus, Ohio. How do we get these guns from our youth who are using them for home invasions and robbery because they feel they have no hope? There are no jobs because adults are being laid off daily and are taking them. The parents in a lot of cases are caught up in trying to keep a roof over thier heads and have no clue what and where the youth are or what they are doing. In order to become collective, we have to figure out how to save our community. As Im typing this, they just put 650 people out of work. A couple of you brothers..and Im saying this with love and respect, need to go in the chat room ALONE and iron out your differences because you both bring things to the table we need but the back and forth gets old. I want to hear you both but the testosterone is disruptive. I hope my thoughts were not out of place.

your community is our community and our community feels what you
guys are feeling in OH.

your thoughts are our thoughts and from what you've typed do you
feel the system needs an overhaul or do you feel it can be fixed as is?

can we achieve what needs to be achieved without some fundamental
changes?

We need change

One of the things I try to do is talk to teens. They are OUT OF CONTROL. They are NOT listening. We have lost thier trust. I am painting a broad brush because I know a few parents who are walking the walk to make sure our kids get the tools needed to help in the collective we desire. The problem is the ones we wont reach. I have a lot of thoughts about this that I cant fully express here and Im not sure this is the right thread because the question is who controls our collective success. I just think we have a lot of work to do. Where do we start is the question.

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

One of the things I try to do is talk to teens. They are OUT OF CONTROL. They are NOT listening. We have lost thier trust. I am painting a broad brush because I know a few parents who are walking the walk to make sure our kids get the tools needed to help in the collective we desire. The problem is the ones we wont reach. I have a lot of thoughts about this that I cant fully express here and Im not sure this is the right thread because the question is who controls our collective success. I just think we have a lot of work to do. Where do we start is the question.

Right here Linda, it starts here for us(for example, we have a teenage forum).

Bro Clyde

..those who need what I'm talking about..are not going to come here. That is one of the problems (and Im not trying to raise a problem but sometimes you have to speak on "the problem") when folks are trying to make a difference. The people who need it most, you are not going to reach. I have heard folks say reach the ones you can and I suggest those are the ones in our homes that we have direct contact with. We have to figure a way to reach the unreachable. I would also submit when the muslim bros were on EVERY corner and talking to other brothers..THAT was making a difference. I rarely see them these days..not saying they arent out there..Im just saying.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back