Brother AACOOLDRE : Who coined the phrase Catholic not from Acts 11:26

Discussion in 'AACOOLDRE' started by AACOOLDRE, Mar 19, 2017.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +411
    WHO COINED THE PHRASE “CATHOLIC”?

By Andre Austin

Answer?

Catholicism (from Greek καθολικισμός, katholikismos, "universal doctrine". I thought that the Cat was named after Ra dripping all of his universal rays everywhere on the circle of the church that’s in a square ( that would be the 144,000 Zodiac circle within the new city that’s laid out into a square). And there followers were everythere seeing the eyes of blazing fire is everywhere too and it was called Cat by the Egyptians.

Who named them Catholic was allegedly this dude Ignatius of Antioch ( 98-117AD), whose prison letters are questionable and was into Quasi-suicide which should of led him into condemedation like Augustine did the entire Stoic branch, (in his City of God masterpiece), because of a couple of leaders who ended their own life. I thought the new testament policy was to flee from a city when being persecuted not welcome death? I guess Peter & Ignatius didn’t get this memo-Matthew 10:23.

Marcionism went before Catholism and they were the first to collect all of Paul’s letters which were redacted by the Catholics to make Jesus into both an earthy/celestial being. Why else would Tertullian (155 – c. 240 AD) has been called "the father of Latin Christianity" and "the founder of Western theology, called Paul an apostle to Marcionism?

Anyway back to Ignatius letters. Richard Carrier, one of the renowned and heavy weights of Atheism said that:

“Ignatius was arrested by the Romans and taken to Caesar, over a long circuitous route from the Middle East to Rome, in which his Roman jailers (implausibly) allowed him to meet with other illegal Christian church congregations and write and exchange letters with yet more illegal Christian churches across the region as he went, all without arresting or disbanding any of them on the way…these letters contain one key passage that looks more like it originated in a gospel about a comic Jesus than an earthy one” (On the historicity of Jesus p.315-317). Note Carrier is dealing with only the authentic letters.

So whats going on here? Well it seems Ignatius was originally a Marcionite than a Catholic who combined the earthly with the Cosmic slop. Therefore, it may be doubtful he coined the phrase catholic. The Egyptians called the Universal the Sun and the Moon or Cat/ Ra and Hathor when combined form Cat-Hathor, its looks like they may have tinkered with this in the spelling and letter formation. So I speculate the Catholic redactors turnt Ignatius out too.

Elaine Pagels writing in Revelations: vision, prophecy, & Politics in the book of Revelations p.66 states:

“Writing a famous-some say fanatical-letter to Jesus followers in Rome, where he was to die, Ignatius pleaded with them to not intervene or help him escape, declaring that he passionately hoped to die for God.

‘Let me be eaten by the beast…Plead with Christ for me…that I may become a sacrifice” (Ignatius letter to the Romans, IV). Now like I said before this contradicts the Memo in Matthew 10:23.

St. Augustine (354- 430AD) attacked the passionless Stoics because a couple ended their own lives but never applied the same standard to Ignatius going against Matthew’s memo. Its okay to indirectly go for suicide when trying to advance a religion, doctrines that were made up. Augustine what did you mean when you said: “It is not without significance, that in no passage of the holy canonical books there can be found either divine precept or permission to take away our own life” ( City of God Book 1:20)

Notes:

Paul’s disciples were first called Christians at Antioch (Acts 11:26). Ignatius is from Antioch so why would he change it to Catholic in a letter to Polycarp of Smyrna (turkey) who died in 155AD at age 86. In my opinion Catholic was not a title or name but in context a condition of Christians being everywhere just like the sun that (Rev 1:7 7 Rev 1:14). Ask the Catholics why they have an eye in a pyramind at their altars?

"Follow, all of you, the bishop, as Jesus Christ followed the Father," he wrote to Polycarp's church at Smyrna (now Izmir, Turkey). "Wherever the bishop appears, there let the people be, even as wheresoever Christ Jesus is, there is the Catholic church”.

Emperor Hadrian wrote a letter stating Christians are the followers of Serapis (Chretus) which started in Egypt when Alexander the so-called great wanted to hybrid the Greek religion with Egypt.

2. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +411
    The Epistle Of Ignatius To Polycarp

CHAP. VIII. — LET NOTHING BE DONE WITHOUT THE BISHOP.

"See that ye all follow the bishop, even as Jesus Christ does the Father, and the presbytery as ye would the apostles; and reverence the deacons, as being the institution(17) of God. Let no man do anything connected with the Church without the bishop. Let that be deemed a proper(18) Eucharist, which is[administered] either even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful without the bishop either to baptize or to celebrate a love-feast; but whatsoever he shall approve of, that is also pleasing to God, so that everything that is done may be secure and valid"

with this being the origin of the word catholic is tied in with Jesus capable of being seen or eaten everwhere is the Sun symbolized as a circular wafer by Catholics. Jesus is the head (Sun) with all of us as branches body parts. This cat is the sun called by the ancient Egyptians. they stole the Eucharist from the Egyptians (Osiris) which is the symbol of the eye within the pyramid.