Black Spirituality Religion : Who are these people?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by pamela b, Mar 30, 2008.

1. pamela b

pamela b Member MEMBER

nurse / make up artist
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the book of Genesis 4:15, after Cain killed Abel, God banished him from the land of his birth. Cain told God he was afraid because the people of Nod where going to kill him.

Question: Who were the people of Nod, and where did they come from if Adam, Eve, Cain, and Abel were the first people? :qqb004:

2. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    They were not the first people. In the book that is called the bible, in the book of gensis, Adam and Eve were said to be the first people in the garden of eden. Who is eden and why were they in his or her garden? Did eden have a garden and never go into it? If not is eden a person?

Anyway, as the story goes, they were banished from the garden of eden to til the land to grow their food and to "live" as a result of their disobedience. This took place before Cain and Abel were born...according to the story.

3. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383
    The story of Adam and Eve, for those who believe in the Bible as written, is the story of the white man. The idea that there were other people on the earth is proof enough that the other people were Pre-adamites and the only people on this planet were Black people. Now you do the math....Kinda takes you back to the question of "did we make white people, doesn't it?"

4. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    No it doesn't.

5. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,383
    Historically speaking, you are 100% correct. In fact of the 5 books written, Genesis was the last of them written and was not written by the same person as attested to by all historians and and theological experts. My response to that question was purely conversational much like a chess player begins his move. Oh well, guess I won't be seeing where this one is going.:shades:

6. DreamGyrl360

DreamGyrl360 Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I personally think that Adam and Eve were black.

I believe the original Hebrews were Black.

I believe the things talked about in the Bible happened to Black people, mostly.

This was in response to Keita. In response to the original question:

It doesn't say there were people in Nod. It says he went to live in the Land of Nod. That's all.

As for his comment of "Whoever finds me will kill me", the Jewish belief is that he is referring to the animals.
    I give you a direct quote from Rashi, a Jewish commentator from hundreds of years ago --

"[The statement] "Whoever finds me will kill me" [refers to:] the animals and beasts. But there were not yet any humans from whom he had to fear except for his father and mother, and he had no fear that they would kill him. But, he said: "Until now the fear of me was upon all the animals as it is said: 'And your fear, etc.' And, now, as a result of this sin the beasts will not fear me and they will kill me." Immediately: "G-d placed a mark on Kayin" and fear of him reverted to all.) "

And, if this interpretation is for some reason incorrect (it does lend an answer where I at one time had none), think about this -- WHATEVER people could have been in Nod did not survive the flood. Noah's family survived the flood and everyone else was killed. Noah is a direct descendant of Adam.
    So if there were people there, whatever they were and whatever they weren't is a moot point.

((Will smith's character in I Am Legend lived in NY but there weren't other people in New York. So if there was to be something written about him thousands of years later -- he simply lived in the Land of New York.))

7. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,383

You picked the right one this time!! You can not quote to me about any jews or anyone else on the bible. But being that you have chosen to do so...lets play.

1. What bible are you speaking about? The King James is the 17th Bible...meaning have you personally checked the previous 16 versions to see if they correlate?....and if they did, why the need for a 17th?

2. Verse 16 and 17 do allude to other people because Cain had a wife. What wife?...from where?

Of course all of this is pure b.S. so I'm not going to try and treat it like history. Why? Because if one is to go by the Bible the first hebrew does not hit the planet until after Abraham and Abraham's birth for those who think he existed is stated to be no later than 1700 B.C. But since there was no Historical Abraham there's no sense in going any further on this.

Oh, and the bible does let you know that there was no historical Abraham if you ever decide to really read it. The bible is not a history book so do not become confused by it or the characters in it.

The first so called Jewish scriptures were not completed until 500 b.c....so where and what are you attempting to use as verification of what you are reading? Of course I would equally expect you to be able to tell me about the books that they took out of the Bible, when and why....which I have 28 of them.

As I said, lets play!:huh:....but if you want to play you're going to have to come to the table with some facts instead of what you believe....and then understand the difference between facts and what you believe to be true.

8. DreamGyrl360

DreamGyrl360 Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    1. I am referring to the TaNaKh. And no, I'm not talking KJV. I don't touch the KJV, and haven't for years.

2. How old was Cain when he got said wife? Are we told? We don't even know when he procured a wife; perhaps she left when he left (as most wives do). So, being that we are to believe that Adam and Eve are the only people on earth, why would his wife not be his sister? It's inscestuous but it isnt' as if this is the only instance of incest in Scripture.(see Abram and Sarai, who was at the very least his niece, at the most his very sister! What about Lot and his daughters?)

You'd have to show me where scripture points to Abraham being fictional.

What is your point about the first Hebrew showing up in 1700 BC. What is this supposed to show me? Why would this person still not have been black?

As for where I'm getting my explanation, I got that from Rashi. You can look him up in Wikipedia, he lived in the 11th century, and he is simply commentary that lends an answer to what Christianity has not as of yet.

Now, back to the original Hebrews being black issue, which is what I directed to you.
    I'm going to quote a Hebrew Israelite webpage, for the sake of time issues. It begins talking about Joseph, since he's the first mentioned Hebrew in Egypt:

For more information on the physical aspects of original Hebrews, you can check out the page: http://www.hebrewisraelites.org/physicalapp.htm

I'd rather not debate with a non-believer in these things, tho. Everyone knows that belief in this takes some level of faith. So permit me to bow out gracefully. It sounded to me as if your post was filled with anger, possibly bitterness towards me and my stance. Since this is the internet, I don't feel the need to go back and forth with you. It is typical that a believer cannot make an unbeliever believe, and visa versa. I only commented on the fact that you believe the people in the Bible to be white. The rest of it (if you'll reread my statement) was not to you. So you are welcome to refute it if you want to. The original poster asked a question based in scriptural history. I answered it based on scriptural commentary. Which is more than I can say any Christians have ever done for me (they can NEVER give an answer to the question the poster asked. The Hebrews, however, have an answer. Whether it's right or not is not up to me.)

So, don't feel pressured to answer what I asked about Abraham. You can of course; this is a free country. But I will most likely not reply.

I do not want to "play" if it's going to be filled with wisecracks and sarcasm. I never joined the debate team at school.:lol:

9. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,383

Please accept my most humble apologies if it sounded as if I was bitter...not at all. I simply enjoy the inter-action of people who claim to have historical or viable information that I may not have run across in my 30 years of research. Because I am a historian and theological investigator of all ancient history and documents...able to read Hebrew, Arabic, Hieroglyphics or what our people called the Medu Neter as well as Swahili, I simply find it of interest that someone might possibly come across some history or documents that I could have possibly missed. So do not take it to heart if I appear to be other than I am.

First lets get with the 11th century scholar you spoke about. If you are a student of history you will discover that the entire scriptures as it relates to abraham, hebrews or judaism was created from 1080 to 1100 or a 20 year span of time. This is when the entire format for hebraism, judaism and biblical literature came into being. You would also know the name of the person who formatted it. Although the masses are taught that it is a B.C. religion, history reveals that it is not.

Two excellent sources for you to check out are "The Historical origins of Christianity" by Professor Walter Williams and the "Historical Origins if Islam" by Professor Walter Williams. You may also research "Man, God and Civilization" by John G. Jackson. However, if you prefer some good European scholarship then I suggest that you go to "Ancient Egypt, Light of the World" by Gerald Massey".

If you prefer I could make this listing as long as you like if you are serious about the answers. Since the first Hebrew didn't hit the planet until 1700 B.C. for the Biblical believers, the question then becomes, "where did they get the story from?" Our people have been here for over 4 million years easily and we never wrote that in our spiritual literature which is the oldest on the earth. unless we are saying that God decided to wait for a couple of million years before he decided to talk to humans...which wouldn't make any sense.

However, to advance this a little further...since we are told that all people are descendants of Adam and Eve and that Adam came first, then we would expect to find some type of genetic evidence or blue print of this somewhere. Instead we find the opposite. We find the evidence in the woman and not the man. We also are told that Yeshua...aka Isa...aka Jesus....Joshua is descended from Issac, Abraham's son. my only problem with this is; "if God is supposed to be Yeshua's father, then that's where the buck stops...meaning that yeshua can have no lineage because god has no lineage....and since everyone in the Scriptures is traced through the man and not the woman, then we already know that they are not referring to the lineage of Mary.

However, should you decide to do some serious research you can track down the source and the "original story" that was corrupted by every group of people to come after our people were here.

Why don't I just give you the answers?...normally I would to a degree, but I equally acknowledge that if I did that you would not retain the answers as readily than if you did your own research. How did I learn this to be true? I learned it when living down south and growing my own food. My respect and treatment of the food I grew was entirely different than if I got it at the store. I respected the food I worked hard to grow and harvest more than the food that was processed for me to eat.

By the way...whenever we say "I believe"...what we are really saying is "I don't know". I believe many things....such as, I will win the lottery today...that I'm going to get a raise...that my car will start when I put the key in it....that I will live a long life.....that I won't get shot today.....and the point is that, although I believe these things, it don't make any of them true. In fact, I don't even have any facts to support why I believe any of the things you just read....so in essence "I don't know". This is not a good posture for anyone to live their life and knowing is always better than believing....for it gives you sure footing in all you do.

oH, about those hebrews being black? there is an excellent painting of the known races of man-kind on the walls of ancient egypt during the 11th dynasty or abraham's so called time era....you will see the semite or hebrew or haribu there also. By the way, in the kemetic language "Hari" means chief and "bu" means devil. just a note.

10. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    question for a question

If Adam and Eve were the first people, and Cain and Abel were their sons.... how was the world populated?

No disrespect.... well much disrespect to those who wrote the lies.

Religion was man made to confuse. Spirituality and the true nature of things is where you find G.O.D.

If the first were Adam and Eve as the Romans would have you to beleive.. then Eve had a grand ole time........ or were Cain and Abel homos???

They plant seeds ....

Common sense if nothing else is all you really need to apply.....

I'm working on my history... but Brother Keita is a master of that.... he breaks it down.....