Black Spirituality Religion : Who are The MOST Backwards People?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Metaverse, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Us or Them?
    [​IMG]

Could you imagine living in a world where every step you took towards your goal would instead result in the very opposite, a step away from it?
    You want to eat, but instead you go hungry. You want decent pay to provide for your family but instead get minimum wage. You want to create a world of peace but instead inherit a world of deception, war and terrorism. What a horrible reality? Or what a horrible illusion?

We are taught to value our institutions, our Governments, Schools and Churches, when the vast amount of wealth and power in the world is held by those that live above institutions as well as control them in order to control us. Teachers hold the most important jobs on the planet- but are paid less than the average athlete that holds down the bench for your favorite team.
    Where else would Entertainers earn more than Educators? In a backwards world.

Governments do not fear their people anymore, it is the people that fear their Governments.

We've been backwards for so long to the point where backwards makes sense. But have African people always been backwards? Or, have we been raised and groomed to be backwards by backwards people? Have we allowed ourselves to be deceived by the emotion of someone telling us we can't have something, therefore we want to have it- just because they told us we couldn't have it?

Think about that one.

You know? For example, it was better at the back of the bus? Always keep your enemies where you can see them. Didn't West Indian Archie teach Malcolm X never sit with his back to the door, always sit where you can see the entire room?

But, White folks said we couldn't have it, so we fought for it- not realizing these people are backwards to begin with. They can't help but to forbid us to do something that seems right in their backwards mind.

So we fought against segregation, we wanted our children to go to the same schools as Whites did, the ones with the clean books and clean desks. We fought because they didn't want us at their schools. But in retrospect, look at the conditions of schools today. Aren't the schools backwards? Visit your old elementary school, you might find that same book with your name scribbled in the back. Truth be told, had Blacks fought for their own schools instead of integration with Whites- we'd be in a much different America.

After all the fighting, some of us wonder why hardly anything has changed for us on a collective level. It's because we aren't forward thinkers anymore, we don't meditate on changes that are right for us, we meditate only on what Whites say we can't have- not realizing that when a backwards person says you can't have something, that idea is backwards to begin with.

We're like Cats fighting Dogs for their bones.

So when our Ancestors try to throw us lil' hints here and there...perhaps we don't pick up on them either, because we're not forwarding thinking.

Old Skool Hip-Hop. Two young Rappers named Chris- named their group- Kris Kross. What was the fashion style? Wearing their clothing backwards. Revealing the symbolism of the backwards mindset fed to their generation. Kris Kross? Our "Christ" consciousness is being "crossed" out.

[​IMG]

And while we would love to kill the notorious "N-word" - it lives on like a nyc cockroach. Nas says everyone is one. Sites like www.thedaily******.com keep the drama alive. But again, the people that used the word for something negative were backwards- has anyone ever thought about the coincidence of the word being a historic name of powerful Nubians/nahas of African and India? Nagas.

[​IMG]

And since reality is an illusion anyway, what is backwards or forwards? That would depend on the direction of your mind. Millions of black people every year throw away millions of dollars trying to "win" millions of dollars. That is backwards... but we call it the lottery. 13% of the American population make up more than 80% of it's prison system- that is backwards. Self actualizing people should be able forward think. I'm thirsty, I'll go to the kitchen and get a glass of water, I'll drink it and I won't be thirsty anymore until later. Forward thought, it seems simple- until a White person tells us we can't have soda, koolaid or cheap alcohol. We'll pursue those only because we were told we couldn't have them. And that's backwards.

Now we must ask ourselves, how much of what we think and do goes into forward steps instead of doing what others say we can't? And who are the most Backwards People? Us or Them? If we are the most backwards, having a Black President wouldn't matter anyway.

A $500 car with over $4,000 worth of rims, over $2,000 worth of electronics on the insides, tvs, playstation3 etc - is backwards- no matter how you slice it. It seems humorous at first, until we realize we are using these same equations in all levels of human interactivity and development.

2. soulosophy

soulosophy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +123
    Some very important and thought-provoking points made here Bro Meta. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

We are the beneficiaries of this “backward” thinking you speak of which includes self-hate, and inferiority. What happened to the Afrikan adage “it takes a village to raise a child”? We’ve become backward and weak through a system of class divisions, individuality and separation on all levels of our development. We no longer look to the Ancestors but instead look to the media and look to what is seen as so-called “progress” of the anglo-saxon that deems whether we receive worldwide respect.

When we were unfathoming the mysteries of the universe and mapping out the constellations, Caucasians were living in caves in ignorance. And now our minds have been immersed in the abyss of ignorance. There are many of us who will say that our past and our ancestors serve no real purpose in today’s world. But all past serves as a compass to navigate our present and future. As John Henrik Clarke says, "The events which transpired five thousand years ago, five minutes ago, or five minutes ago, have determined what will happen five minutes from now, five years from now or five thousand years now. All history is a current event."

The spirit of our Ancestors resides within us and in all the universe. All is one and we are the same seeds as our Ancestors just in different seasons. In this soul-less materialism, we need to listen more to the messages of our Ancestors and move in the power of our great and mighty past because Caucasian thinking or so-called modern day thinking has surely rendered us backward today.

HTP!

3. Alexandra

Alexandra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +180
    Question please Bro. Metasaience,

Do you consider wearing weaves to be one example of backward thinking? I am aware this will be seen as petty but I seriously have follicle issues. Case in point, this online forum for Black women I recently mentioned in another thread; all the Sisters have locs. I don't and have always been of the opinion that we are dealing with the spiritual and not the physical, but now, I am not so sure. I hate feeling like a fraud lol. Like the hardcore racist who was found to have an Asian wife stashed away somewhere.

peace,

Alexandra

4. ZeroPoint

ZeroPoint Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10
    I wouldn't consider wearing weaves as backwards.

Don't forget WEAVE-ing is an African tradition

[​IMG]

Just star researching what chemicals and materials are within the weave. It's just like the fruit and vegetable situation. It isn't the material itself but the chemicals and additives that are swarming throughout.

5. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Queen Alexandra, now that is a very very good question! I would say, it would depend on your overall philosophy about life in general- the direction of your mind. If you are a naturalist for example, a weave shouldn't be an option. However, technically Erykah Badu used a weave to inspire millions of Black Women to twist and loc their hair, even while her hair was a wig. But her symbolism led to a level of consciousness that those Black Women would not have experienced without her influence.

I've always said there's nothing wrong with a weave or wig, if that look reflects your core desire as a Woman - then so beit. Even long braids still reflects African beauty. African Women invented the weaving process, in some cases it was spiritual too- braiding the hair of a deceased Elder into their own. But what would make it "backwards" is when your cosmetic artistry does not reflect the direction of your mind.

But hair style certainly has allot to do with consciousness.
    I met a White Rastafarian once that told me to my face that "de white man is a curse pon de earth." What makes a White person with dreads and sandals start thinking Black and speaking with a fake Jamaican accent? Actually, most of them are usually Trustafarians.

[​IMG]

While claiming to be a superior race on one end, Whites have more interracial breeding going on than any other people, and emulate other races more than any other people. Just about in every place where lynchings once took place, spiritual reality has turned such places into a breeding grounds for biracial babies. No coincidence there, but they don't teach stuff like that in Klan school. Whites have always been backwards. Why would you kill the most spiritually mastered people on the planet and not expect to be possessed by them later on? Even if they did oppress us for another 100 years, their history would still be dwarfed by African history, and their backwards thinking has guaranteed them their end.

Queen Soulosophy, because we've been so involved in backwards thought and lifestyle- when the Ancestors speak- and I'll be the first to admit it- they sound crazy!! There is so much information I would like to share that I don't because it sounds too crazy to me. Even beyond the madness I post already!

I try to go into meditation to allow my Ancestors to address my own actions and sometimes what the truth is often too simple. So simple its seems embarrassing because we didn't see it. The truth is not only subjective but reflective, but it reflects the place we cannot see. So the Ancestors guide us towards that unseen place, the part of us we cannot see. The truth is that "we" are only the puppets for our invisible selves. But as puppets there are many forces soliciting our minds for control. The invisible self is constantly in battle. Whites and Blacks only represent a spiritual reality that is going on, and this is one of many planes where such battles are taking place.

There are entities that feed off the energy of others and there are entities that "create" energy so that others can feed. Those entities are usually the Goddesses. Not all entities can create energy and this is based on their will and desire. The battle has always been about how to control the Goddesses and how to keep them under control. The Gods are responsible for preserving the energy the Goddesses have created. In most cases, the God/Goddess is one being, or collective of being in one body or Universe. The Human body does the very same thing the Universe is doing.

If the Human body was backwards we would eat from the same place we defect from. Could you imagine?

In a forward thinking world, the cars we drive would produce emissions that stimulated crops and cleaned the air. And our belief systems would cause ever generation to be much more intelligent than the previous. That would mean as we reproduce we would become closer and closer to the reality of our invisible selves.

6. Jaisolovely

Jaisolovely Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    I dont know if this is backwards but..

A friend mention to me that the first month of the year is not Janurary(sp) but in the spring between March or April (sorry I dont know when spring sprouts lol) and that the calendar is off. Isnt weird that we have a leap year? Something is not right.

7. Jaisolovely

Ratings:
    +3
    There is something else I have noticed that is backwards. It is when men complain about not finding a good woman. The woman is the reflection of the man.

8. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Queen Jai, yes very backwards! But that's the system, that's why they change the calendar and create leap years to throw off the mind. As I said before, the true calendar we should follow has to do with the cycles of our Women, 28 days and following the lunar. But could Women imagine what would happen if someone said, look we are only using 18 day months for now on. It would throw everything off, even the Woman's cycle because the mind rules the body. And this is why we often say "there's not enough hours in the day" because naturally the days and months are adjusted depending on the cosmic activity. Electronic Clocks aren't suppose to keep time.

And a Man complaining about not finding a good Woman is like a fisherman complaining about not catching good fish. Change the bait, change the waters you fish in, heck- change the boat if you have too- and if you know another fisherman that catches good fish all the time- seek out his knowledge.

What is backwards is that Africans have become a nation of complainers. We complain and yet we have all the power in the world to manifest what we need.

9. Jaisolovely

Ratings:
    +3
    NO DOUBT!!! But sometimes my menstrual cycle has a mind of its own so I just follow my bodys' warning of the flow. My boo and I would be a little off if we followed my calendar lol!

10. soulosophy

soulosophy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +123
    Eryka Badu is a truly conscious Afrikan Queen who inspires. Also, there are a lot of Afrikan Queens who are perhaps not so Afrikan conscious as Queen Badu but who also inspire a lot of our Afrikan Queens with their European concepts of self-definition.

What does that mean because everyone has a philosophy that they follow in life regardless of whether we agree with it or not. If for instance I’ve grown up with white peers taking my definition of self from them and my philosophy is quite Eurocentric which shows itself in my "cosmetic artistry" such as wearing long blond wigs or weaves, then am I not following the direction of my mind regardless of what philosophy I follow? Its already been stated that backward thinking equals European thinking. So what would make it backwards is not when we follow the direction of our mind but when that direction goes against our nature or our natural self, trying to be someting we're not. As you've already stated
    Nuff said!

HTP!