Black Women : WHO AM I?

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by azzura, Dec 22, 2003.

1. azzura

azzura New Member MEMBER

nursing assistant
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am a young women who was destroying her body, mind, soul, health, family and self, for decades. Afraid to live, to learn, to grow and to trust. Destroying my future and blaming it on others, not allowing anyone to help me or get close to me.

Afraid they would see the real ME. For decades now i've been killing my soul, murdering my health and denying myself any real chance at something good. For decades now i've been blaming my family and friends for my mistakes, my troubles, my pain. Hating my self for the damage i have caused to myself.

4 months ago i cut my hair off to go natural, to get locs. Little did I know this was the beginning of my journey. What started out as a hair cut became a journey to self-love, self-respect, self-discovery and self-determination. At 27 yrs. of age i am now growing up, becoming the woman GOD intented for me to be. Apologizing for the blame i put on others and rebuilding my soul, my life, my mind, body, and family.

i've learn that every one struggles, and it's not a bad thing. Struggle helps you to respect what you have and how to recieved it. i was ungrateful of the things i had and have, but now i am grateful for what i do have. This journey has open my eyes to a world i didn't want to know was out there. i am reading and learning the history of my people, respecting and understanding their struggles. Becoming more natural with my hair, living, love and health.

As Sista Souljah said, "Before you can rebuild the community, you have to rebuild yourself."
    So this goes out to the STRUGGLE may it help us grow, respect and live as a community on it's way to rebuilding something GOOD!

WHO AM I?
    i am AZZURA

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Beautiful testimony, Sister Azzura. May your journey continue to open new and wonderful vistas for you. Although it may not always be smooth, may the road you travel always lead you to peace, harmony, joy and truth.

Your sister in the struggle,
    Queen :love:

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    indeed you are whom you are sistah
    now we know who you are ....say it Queen