Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III : Who all communes with the Divine Intelligence

Discussion in 'Metu Neter - Vols I - II - III Study Group' started by kemetkind, Oct 4, 2006.

1. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    One of the (many) extremely moving concepts (so far) for me in the Metu Neter is that pertaining to coordinating breathing with contracting of the perineum as a means to manifest the aureat (third eye).

Let me give the background.

11 years ago, I was a afrocentric christian who had dallied with Islam (the kind that carries around the African Heritage edition KJV with a couple Final Call tucked inside)

After the MMM I underwent a spiritual journey during which I read the bible while fasting a few days at a time and endeavored to gain my own understanding.

At the time it was made clear to me that God was internal, not external, as I read literally John 14...

John 14

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also, and greater works than these shall he do, because I go unto my Father.

I had read that verse as a child but now it registered something entirely different...afterwards I made an attempt to live as Christ-like as possible, to connect with the internal God as best I knew how...including an attempt to fast for 40 days (didn't quite make it, but that's another story).

To the point, during that attempted fast, a new world of spiritual phenomena was opened to me, and I gained knowledge from other spiritual people without exchanging words.

One of these, was the practice of coordinating contracting the perineum with exhaling. This was communicated to me by my father and by a few of the elders at more than one of the churches I would attend on occasion.

Nothing said or written was used to communicate this, and for a while I thought my fasting must've been driving me nuts.

But on too many different instances in completely separate environments I was able to see/hear/feel the impact of me doing this (via the reactions of women sitting near me).

I never brought this up verbally to anyone, didn't see the need to, since it wasn't brought up verbally to me.

But reading an almost verbatim pattern on pg. 241 of Vol. I Metu Neter was an eye opener as I didn't know this was also part of yoga and really thought it was one of (several) things learned during my fast which I should keep to myself.

But it brings me to question whether it is possible, probable even, that many black folk who have never heard of the Metu Neter nor studied ATR are as capable of spiritual elevation as those who have.

Is there justification for assuming we know where one sits the hierarchy of spiritual mastery...especially based on their belief system.

Is the Metu Neter A way, or THE way?

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Thank you Brother Kemetkind for sharing your experiences.

From my point of view, it is very possible. And the Metu Neter is but one way to experience divine self. I don't claim sole connection to one specific path. I, too, have had experiences that have similarities with the contents of the Metu Neter. Theres a saying, "when the student is ready, the teacher will appear." I've found many teacher's on my path to spiritual awareness.

I've asked myself with humility and honesty, what is it I'm hoping to gain from such knowledge and what do I plan to do with it? I know this is very important question one should aske themselves when searching for trueself, because one will get exactly what they are looking for. If one is looking for things that go against the natural order of Divine Intelligence, then the outcome may not be so divine. Half the time, people aren't aware of their intentions when seeking divine interventions, which is why certain teaching and methods will fail.

When I had my experiences, my mental state was so fragmented, the pressures of the world was pounding my heart and mind. I needed a place I could go for, peace, tranquility, and just a clue of my purpose in the world. And it wasn't from following one set of rules. I had to feel, sense, listen, and flow from the inside out. I had to allow myself to become nothingness, but at the same time, everything. I didn't belong to any religious or spiritual organization. I've been reading/studying from many things. Although, I still haven't learned how to carry this spiritual awareness with me every giving moment, I have learned techniques that leads me in that direction.

I haven't knowingly experience anything for a while though. I find it difficult to separate myself from my present worldly situations. So no meditations or private moments do I have. There's always something going on. When I wonder why so many of us haven't found Spiritual divinity on a everyday basics, with all the teachings that are availiable, I only need to look at myself. When one is struggling just to meet the essentials for living, the spiritual aspect of us, goes unnoticed.

So again, Yes, "it is very possible, probable even, that many black folk who have never heard of the Metu Neter nor studied ATR are as capable of spiritual elevation as those who have."

There should be no "justification for assuming we know where one sits the hierarchy of spiritual mastery...especially based on their belief system." For within a force that is divine and infinite, there is no such thing as only one way. How could it possibly be? :thinking:

3. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759

hello brother

as i have stated before it is but one way to commune. however there are several. what is important is how u develop. continue to read and digest all the kemetic literature u can. as long as you are the seeker and not being sought you can take your spirituality to knew heights. i used the men ab techinue myself in order to score my indivdual reactions to certain situations. U see brother i have a very low frustration tolerance and i wind up going off (a preset condition learnded from my parents ) when i dont want to. I look at life now as oppurtunites to decide how i am going to react. i have a system of cool points(lol) that i develop when i donot allow my animal nature to govern the event. Belive me brother i do not have a lot fo cool points stored but i am working on it. What is important here is that u have decided what u can use and incorpate in your life. wadu hotep brohter

4. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    True indeed. Just as with exercise and the physical body, this is the ONLY way one can exercise one's spirit.

Anything else, and one is totally fooling themselves. I'll explain more shortly.

It seems that you were well on your way to becoming an Initiate, you may have simply not known it at the time. All the proponents were in place....It was merely up to you to walk the path, as it slowly manifested in front of you.

(Un)Ironically, your path manifested in a similar fashion, as it did for many of us.

A crude version of the esoterum (as is the case with the Bible appropo), but essentially the message is the same.

Precisely.

Because people don't practice all the aspects properly, or in tandem, the goal is often missed, which leads to frustration and giving up.

It's the same with working on the physical body: people run for miles, lift all sorts of crazy weights, etc, but wonder why they're not losing weight :confused:

If you are not eating right--Eating To Live (which includes, not only knowing what to eat, but when to eat it)--then even though you can press 500lbs, your body will continue to look the same.

"As Above, So Below"...... As with the Body, so with the Spirit.

"Are as capable"? Can you say this with all assured assertion?

This was a point that I was attempting to convey a while back, in that discussion of ours that went "sour"......Our people are spiritually inclined to begin with.

However, returning to the "exercise" analogy, just because someone is born with obvious "good genetics", doesn't mean that they can't strive to reach the next plateau, nor that they can't do things to harm their development (eating swine products, sugar, smoking, not getting enough rest, etc).

As the Sheqhem states in his book "MA'AT: THE 11 LAWS OF GOD", contrary to the Judeo-Christian perspective, humanity is not a finished product.

Spirituality is an inherent aspect of human exsistence, just as physical growth and development is. The human body is going to grow, whether you do anything to enhance that growth or not....But whether it grows properly is a different story.

As such, aren't you able to tell whether subtley or blatantly, whether someone is healthy physically? Aren't there heirarchial, or spectral indications of such?

When you look at a grossly obese person (I'm talking 600-700lbs), is there any question in your mind what their level of health is?

Similarly, if someone is out in the world, creating all sorts of havoc, destruction, death, etc..... Are you saying that there is nothing within your own inherent spiritual make-up, that won't allow you to guage the spiritual development within another individual?

Now granted, these are extreme circumstances that I sited as examples, but the concept still works the same up and down the spectrum.

The UAT'CHET is the Eye of Heru. Heru is an intergral Neter, in that his name means "To Rise or Ascend". As the Falcon, he soars above all, surveying (the EYE) everything under him.

"As Above, So Below".

Again, with the goal being to identify with the Indwelling Divine Intelligence, once one seeks to understand himself, he can then strive to understand others, both instinctively and intuitively.

Within the ATR community, there are "Healers", that can tell you exactly what's wrong with you, not only physically, but also emotionally, mentally, and even spiritually (past life issues, Karmaic problems, etc).

And I'm not talking about some "laying hands on you" stuff, like that pulpit parlor trick non-sense that they do in church, in front of the whole congregation (what is truly the point--or agenda--behind that? The same people who have no problems being a "mark" for the congregation, would be screaming "patient confidentiality" if they were to go get therapy or for some other "embarrassing" condition....See how the un(der)developed spiritual mind works?), done in order to solidify people's "belief/faith", and to keep more money flowing into the pot.

Oftentimes, the exoteric practices are nothing more than perversions of the esoteric.

If you're asking whether the Kemetic way is "THE" way, then of course not. There are numerous systems scattered about this planet that serve the purpose.

But again, the purpose must be established, before the purpose can be fulfilled.

We are talking about spirituality as a scientific phenomenon. Not something to merely "believe" in.

When one approaches Spirituality from a scientific frame of mind, all the "mystery" behind it begins to dissipate, and you are then only left with a pragmatic system that either will work, or will not work.

Now of course, because there are different scientific disciplines in the world, each must be examined accordingly.

While biology and physiology as scientific displines are similar in function, one of them might not be appropriate to handle certain tasks.

Is biochemistry suitable to fix the broken fuselage of an airplane? If not, then
    it should be about finding the system that works.

I watch people go into the gym all the time, and spend tremendous amounts of time working out, while never truly accomplishing their goals. Some people are able to get "big arms", but what they want is well-defined arms. There are systems that can and will work, to accomplish any task set forth.

But the key is to approach it with a systematic frame of mind.

Now, since "METU NETER" as a word (remember: language facilitates intellect) simply means "the Divine Way", then of course it is "THE" way.

I cannot stress enough, the fact that people for so long have been taught to approach spirituality wrong. Instead of looking at one's spirit as some spooky apparichian :ghost: , we wold do ourselves a far greater honor, to instead see it as an etheric, malleable mass, with parts and aspects similar in design and function to the physical body. Your body has different systems (digestive, nervous, circulatory, etc), each serving a specific function, all towards the commonality of the whole.

So does your Spirit....."As above, So below".

Instead of continuing to entertain the undeveloped, unsophistocated methods of exoteric religion, whether the success rate is more hit-and-miss, if not all-miss and no-hit, we can and will return to our former greatness, but applying the tried and true science.

What we as a people are doing at present, is the equivolent to sitting in a dark room with a candle, trying to read......Sitting huddled with a tremendously inefficient light source, straining our eyes, nearly going blind, and getting very little reading done....

Why go through all that, when we can simply walk over to the wall and cut the light switch on?

PEACE

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    both................

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    ra un nefer amen does extensive work with the I Ching......

7. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    I need to read volumn one again.
    The more knowledge I gained the more I felt alone,afraid.
    Most don't believe my trancelike dreams but I was having them everyday!
    The last one I was in an all white room and I fell to my knees crying and praying.
    It was unclear of where I was or what I was doing.
    I'm confused as to where to go from here.
    I'm afraid to learn more or meditate because it scares the heck out of me when I fall into trance.
    I work six days a week now so it's hard to go to the AAS.
    I need help with this.
    I need guidance before I give up.

8. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Sister Queen, you are most definitely going to need the assistance of a Queen Mother to guide you through this. No amount of discussions on an on-line forum are going to get you the enlightenment that you need.....Especially when you are so prone to absorb the adverse vibrations of those who may not have your best spiritual interests in mind.

But in the meantime, don't give up. That's the LAST thing you should do......Just like you should not give up working your job, or with raising your child........Developing your Spirit is just as important as those things, if not moreso.

If you need to talk more on a personal level, feel free to hit me: [email protected].

HOTEPET

9. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    Yes this is true.
    Thanks Sam.