Jails / Prisons : Whites Overcounted in Prison

I guess

spicybrown said:
Kemestry: "Arent the spanish europeans and therefore white?"

No, that represents the HIS-panic population: Mexicans, Puerto-Ricans, south/central americans, and carribeans. Yes Spanish are white/anglo, yet some Mexicans and visibly white Latinos are counted as white on the census.

.o0( They look kinda white to me )

Yeah they pretty much do look white, because Most of them are half Spanish, some more, some less. Genetically speaking, w+nw=nw. To be white means to have miniscule to no pigmentation throughout the body-hair, eyes, skin. In high school, they attest to this with the Skinners Rats table of genetics/heredity(red, white, and pink rat). When you have a glass of water, and drop dye in it even as light as yellow or orange, the water is considered colored to an extent, no longer clear. Many minorities may appear white, but somewhere in their DNA/genetic coding lies the ability to produce a substantial amount of Melanin/color. If they want to be white, go for it, good luck not getting "figured out". :hi:

spicybrown said:
Yeah they pretty much do look white, because Most of them are half Spanish, some more, some less. Genetically speaking, w+nw=nw. To be white means to have miniscule to no pigmentation throughout the body-hair, eyes, skin. In high school, they attest to this with the Skinners Rats table of genetics/heredity(red, white, and pink rat). When you have a glass of water, and drop dye in it even as light as yellow or orange, the water is considered colored to an extent, no longer clear. Many minorities may appear white, but somewhere in their DNA/genetic coding lies the ability to produce a substantial amount of Melanin/color. If they want to be white, go for it, good luck not getting "figured out". :hi:

Hispanics/South Americans in general are not white. In most cases, they aren't even half white. The overwhelming majority of Hispanics/South Americans are a mix of Spanish, Native American, and African (the percentage of this mixture might vary by family, but that basic mixture is present in almost all of them). There are probably more Hispanics of pure African origin, than those with pure European origin. As I stated before, and one who encounters someone from Spain would definately see the difference between them and Hispanics.

panafrica said:
Hispanics/South Americans in general are not white. In most cases, they aren't even half white. The overwhelming majority of Hispanics/South Americans are a mix of Spanish, Native American, and African (the percentage of this mixture might vary by family, but that basic mixture is present in almost all of them). There are probably more Hispanics of pure African origin, than those with pure European origin. As I stated before, and one who encounters someone from Spain would definately see the difference between them and Hispanics.

I don't know Pan. If you look at Antonio Bandarez (sp) or Penelope Cruz who are both from Spain and then at Ricky Martin who's Puerto Rico, at least to me they don't look any different.

I was in Mexico a few years ago and saw quite a few white Mexicans.

If they look white and consider themselves white, to me they're white. Many white people in the US are a mixture of European and Indian also, but they still look white after so many white ancestors.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back