Black People : white women and black men the most opressed group in America...say what!?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by IntelligentNoir, Feb 28, 2008.

1. IntelligentNoir

IntelligentNoir Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +74
    So, while watching a video on here, this statement flashed across the screen. While I acknowledge that black men are indeed an opressed group, where on Gods green earth did the concept of white women suffering under equal opression derive? Just to be clear, I don't know much about this statement or the facts that may back it up. I do however know I've never met an "opressed" white woman. Anyone with some insight on this statement, by all means, enlighten a sistah.

2. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135
    - *sigh*

:11100: :haha: :whip: You do realize that BW earn less than WW by far? :fyi:

3. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6

More Whites trying to draw sympathy through their usaul means>>>> LYING. If I were a white person in Amerikkka and did not proper, I would kill myself! - (Dr. ben)

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    what does this mean? you were watching a video at destee? what video?
    why do you take the statement seriously?

5. IntelligentNoir

United States
    Ratings:
    +74
    Yep! It was a video here at Destee. or better featured in a thread on Obama. I can't recall which thread or who posted it, but I think it's the thread where Obama is featured as a cyborg? Anyways, one of the statements in the video which is listed inside the post was white women and black men are the most opressed group in America. I was simply suprised that Destee fam hadn't spoken out about that portion of the video even if they agreed with the rest of it, I'm assuming here.

6. IntelligentNoir

United States
    Ratings:
    +74

Yeah I realize this and that is why I was stunned seeing this misinformation posted without contest to this site. Granted I understood perfectly well the message the videos creator was trying to get across with the conditioning of the American society through what the creators of the video called "Shock factor" or something like that. Anyways, I realize that section of the video for what it is, flagrant deception, but I was just wondering if I'd missed something.:thinking:

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Sister IntelligentNoir ... Peace and Blessings! :love:

I didn't see the video you've mentioned (always helps to share a link), so i can't comment on that.

I have heard these words before and i find it a bit surprising that they'd be repeated so soon after hearing them the first time.

Is there a concerted effort to get us to believe this foolishness?

Brother Dany Bill had shared an audio clip of a Brother, that said the same exact thing!

I found it preposterous then too!

Thanks for sharing.

:heart:

Destee

8. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    Yes - I heard such rediculousness way over here too.. smh... I do think think it is US they are hoping to convince - but the female white voter.

9. Belsidus

Belsidus Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    Actually, I've heard the statement about Black men and white women being the most oppressed groups in America from some Black FEMALE elders several times since I was a child which was the Seventies. This isn't a recent statement. The history of race relations in this country is way more complex than people either realize or choose to acknowledge. The Black female Elders I was raised by including my Grandmother, Grand-Aunts, and older sisters with roots in rural Virginia, and Carolinas told me some interesting stories. These stories had a common theme: Black women in many of these rural places had power not only over brothas but over white men as well. Even law enforcement in some of these places wouldn't step incorrectly to these sistas and more than once by different people I was told how even the Klan would do the bidding of these Black women. Those sisters held things down in more ways than one. One thing I remember when dealing with the elder sisters was that they NEVER had a feeling of being oppressed.

Now let me be clear. I don't agree or disagree with the statement. I'm just saying where I first heard the statement and the sources. It gives us all something to think about.

Peace,
    Belsidus

10. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135

:10200: The elephant people are alive and well with disinformation too. They will do anything to split the vote and help Mc Cain win