Black People : White will stick together no matter what

IntelligentNoir

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 12, 2007
As I was surfing the net on information on the Jena 6 and the recent posting of the families info on hate sites, this web site came up in my search. It's a site for gays. And if you know like I know, white men have been everything but friendly towards their homosexual bretheren in the past. These same gays have tried to "unite" with blacks and other minorities in the past for a "united" cause of equlity for all. Yet when this Jena 6 incident went down, some of our gay white brothers in the fight were suddenly um...shall we say not feeling the black plight at all. lol...anyways, here is the article and the link I found. All I can say is, this just proves that whites will stick together no matter what. now if only my people would do the same, we'd be much better off. Oh and you can read what the commenters had to say about this article and the bad jena boys on this site as well.

IntelligentNoir said:
As I was surfing the net on information on the Jena 6 and the recent posting of the families info on hate sites, this web site came up in my search. It's a site for gays. And if you know like I know, white men have been everything but friendly towards their homosexual bretheren in the past. These same gays have tried to "unite" with blacks and other minorities in the past for a "united" cause of equlity for all. Yet when this Jena 6 incident went down, some of our gay white brothers in the fight were suddenly um...shall we say not feeling the black plight at all. lol...anyways, here is the article and the link I found. All I can say is, this just proves that whites will stick together no matter what. now if only my people would do the same, we'd be much better off. Oh and you can read what the commenters had to say about this article and the bad jena boys on this site as well.

Chris Crain Not Feeling HRC Jena Six Support
"Shame on you, Joe."

It’s no secret the Human Rights Campaign likes to think of itself as the biggest, most effective and ultimately best gay rights organization in America. The DC-based has pledged support to fighting for the rights of all American gays. Additionally, HRC often joins fights against other forms of injustice. As part of their mission, the non-profit lent its support to the Jena Six, a group of black teens jailed for allegedly beating up a white classmate.

The altercation came after months of rising racial tensions in the small Louisiana town of Jena. Many people, including the editors of this blog, feel that the Jena police force and school authorities were unfair in their handling of the case. The racial bias seems undeniable: white students were barely penalized for their racist actions - such as hanging nooses from a tree on school property - which only perpetuated historic tensions and led to the violent eruption. It could have been prevented, to be sure, but that doesn’t make it any less violent. Nor does the violence make the justice system’s harsh treatment and tenacity any less offensive.

Considering all the layers to this case, it’s no surprise the Jena Six have become the hot activist ticket in recent weeks. And, as such, it’s no surprise HRC stepped out to make their voice heard.

Gay journalist and hate crime survivor Chris Crain, however, wishes Solmonese and HRC had kept their mouths shut.

Addressing supporters in DC yesterday, Solmonese framed his and his organization’s stance in terms of memory:

And I am here because I remember. I remember James Byrd. James was a gentle soul, a special soul. Someone who struggled his whole life with challenges, but was filled with love and was deeply loved in Jasper, Texas.

But James Byrd — at 49 — was savagely beaten, then chained to a pickup truck and literally dragged to his death. He was brutally murdered because he was black.

In this speech, Solmonese harnesses the collective pain of a hate crime. In his mind, homophobic hate crimes follow the same irrational trajectory of racist gay crimes. “Shame on you!” says former Washington Blade editor Chris Crain.

Crain, who has been the victim of anti-gay violence, takes issue with Solmonese’s blind allegiance with the Jena Six:

The “Jena 6? are the type of macho bullies (of all races) who victimize gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender students (of all races) every day outside school gymnasiums across this country. You remember those victims, don’t you Joe? They’re the ones you’re supposed to be defending.

For the head of HRC to claim to stand up on behalf of gay people and compare the perpetrators of this kid’s brutal beating in any remote fashion to the experience of those of us who have actually been victimized by hate crimes, whether because we are black or gay or from any other group, is deeply misguided, politically craven and downright shameful.

Shame on you, Joe. And shame on you, Donna Payne, HRC’s associate director for diversity, for dismissing the severity of the “Jena 6? beating by noting that Justin was “sent to the hospital and released the same day.” Gee Donna, I was never knocked unconscious and was treated and released from the hospital in several hours. Does my hate crime even count with you?
For the head of HRC to claim to stand up on behalf of gay people and compare the perpetrators of this kid’s brutal beating in any remote fashion to the experience of those of us who have actually been victimized by hate crimes, whether because we are black or gay or from any other group, is deeply misguided, politically craven and downright shameful.

Crain goes on to wonder why Solmonese and his organization haven’t spoken up for Michael Sandy, whose alleged killers are currently on trial here in New York. Why didn’t HRC release a statement on Scotty Weaver’s trial? Why do they remain silent on smaller, less trendy injustices and come out full throttle when the whole nation’s watching. Because they want to be the biggest, most effective and, ultimately, best. They do not

'whites stick together blacks can't'

A fine example of how believing in one false belief "white supreamacy" can make born and take form with statements like this 'Whites will stick together no matter what'
If I'm needed to take extra time and provide proof of whites fighting and going to war with each other I'll do it if it will bring more minds to consciousness. :boring:

:peace:

'some of our gay white brothers in the fight were suddenly um...shall we say not feeling the black plight at all.'

:em1500:
nuff said

hiphopolx said:
'whites stick together blacks can't'

A fine example of how believing in one false belief "white supreamacy" can make born and take form with statements like this 'Whites will stick together no matter what'
If I'm needed to take extra time and provide proof of whites fighting and going to war with each other I'll do it if it will bring more minds to consciousness. :boring:

:peace:

'some of our gay white brothers in the fight were suddenly um...shall we say not feeling the black plight at all.'

:em1500:
nuff said

Um...I don't think I ever said that whites don't go to war with one another. However,"war" is not the topic at hand not unless you talking about the war blacks are fighting against the majority of whites for their god given rights, but considering you're not, I will reinterate, war is not the topic here. The topic at hand is when they do flunked up stuff, no matter how bad(or not), they circle the wagons to protect thier own. And to illustrate just how ingrained this way of thinking is consciously or subconsciously, I posted the article of white gay men likening the Jena 6 to the types of men who would mis-treat gays as a reason for not supporting them when in fact those more likely to mis-treat them look like them i.e. other white men.

Furthermore, I have seen some of these same gay white men argue that black people should unite with them for one cause, yet it's obvious by the rantings of some on that site as well as the nut in the article, that as soon as it was an issue of white vs black for lack of a better term, even if the white parties involved are wrong, they will make up a lame excuse of these boys being similar minded to gay bashers. Of course, being pissed because someone hung a noose, gang jumped you, and pulled a gun on you is precisely what gay bashers are thinking when they committ acts against gay men. Yeah right!

But now if you feel you want to go on some long winded tirade about wars between whites, have at it. I'll sit back and watch. Oh and one last thing, let me be clear, the gay folks never said that black men are more likely to commit crimes against gays. However, the fact that there are more white men beating the crap out of, maiming, and killing this group then any other leads me to believe this is just a thinly guised attemtp to say "I support my white brothers" without having to deal with the guilt associated with supporting those who would in a heart beat put a foot to their necks. Oh and another thing, I never said blacks "can't" stick together. It's obvious by the Jena 6 march we can and do. However, it shouldn't take something like the jena 6 six situation or any other tragedy to make us work to make change. Just my two cents.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back