Black People Politics : White Supremacy; Exploring the Contours of Race and Power in America

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Alarm Clock, May 11, 2013.

1. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
    It is widely believed that white supremacy is a racist ideology of hatred promoted by marginal extremist organizations like the Ku Klux Klan or the Aryan Nations. Often overlooked and neglected in this view are the structural inequalities that ensure the continued supremacy of whites over non-whites in all facets of social life. Also conveniently disregarded are the more subtle, yet frequent and numerous, manifestations of white supremacy that are woven into the fabric of Amerikan culture. In this sense, white supremacy is just as much of a social reality as it is an ideology. Indeed the two often go hand in hand, although this isn’t always the case.
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/white-...contours-of-race-and-power-in-america/5334690

2. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    This is so true and i beleive that White Supremacist format is way beyond just those 'hate groups' but stems from the kind of White Supremacist that pose as being helpful to us African Americans, but operate by appealing to us and then deceiving us to actually support White causes many times, at our unawares. i definitely believe that Black people sopport White Supremacy but the problem would b that some of us do this not intentionally, while there are some that do it for superficial reasons and don't consider that it is supporting White Supremacy.

3. ProphetikGeneral

ProphetikGeneral Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +403
    You're exactly right. White Supremacy is a system, one that our people must shed themselves from if there is to be remote forms of progress. I think Dr. Kamou Kambon said it best when he asserted that, " we must De-Whitenize and Re-Afrikanize ourselves".

4. willa

willa Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +301
    Hmmm, I'm a little worried. Separatism weakens.

5. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Put it this way, isnt that the way things are right now? We after 400 years are the only race of people who will go through hell to try to force a race of people to love us. A race that has no desire for that, just a desire to live their lives in peace, so maybe we need to grow up about that. When you go to Brooklyn, or Phillie or Chgicago's South Side or St Louis, areas were Whites move into Black communities to regentrify, they are not coming there to love you, they walk past you like you are an invader to their turf. They do not come with a neighborly spirit they come with a tude that the colonizers of Africa had "Manifest Destiny"

6. willa

willa Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +301
    Some analysis:White people are at a point they never have been before. They are accepting. Teachers; Doctors; Lawyers; Politicians; and, in the White neighborhoods. Mothers all get together at the PTA. Black police pull over the white man and give him tickets without controversy. I think now it is a matter of perception. Do they perceive the ghetto profiled as criminals, or the student, active citizen/family, patriot type. I know this is profiling white Americans; but this influences their feelings. So, I will ask a question which makes me grin: Do you scare the white folks or make them feel like you are loving? On a one to one when love is given almost always appreciation if not love is returned until love grows. The question is what creates love? Thoughts on that?

7. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    Sis, you'll never be integrated with Whites as anything but a Subordinate.

If you want to be perennially subordinate then integrate. If you want to rise to a position of respect, separate.

8. Jaya Makara

Jaya Makara Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +136
    White Supremacy was designed to feminize the Black man and emasculate the Black woman. We have to take it back further and realize why it happened. After the Moors were invaded and Spain was taken over by the Europeans it was then we became enslaved. Why? Because we are the children of the Most High and those white demons knew this. So the system they created was designed to keep the Black Family under wraps and eventually eliminate them. Won't happen because we reproduce so much. We need to get back to our roots. Our ancestors are calling....

9. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,448

I have to disagree with this statement...as our unemployment rate proves well enough that they are not accepting...While unemployment rate falls to 7.5%, unemployment rate for African-Americans remains at 13.2%

Sometimes what we "perceive" is only an illusion.

Moreover, the other day I was in Sally Beauty store and I was being assisted by this white worker. I didn't purchase anything, but as I walked out the door chimed as it usually does if someone walks in or out...and as I was in my car getting ready to walk out, I noticed the store clerk staring at me giving me the evil eye...and she got to that window fast cause she was all the way at the back of the store...It was if she was looking at me and thought I took something.

I don't know if your "racist radar" ever goes up, but mine sure did in this situation.

10. sekou kasimu

sekou kasimu PanAfrikanist Revolutionary MEMBER

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +864
    So! What are we going to do about it?