Black People : WHITE STUDENT CROWNED MR. TSU

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by KWABENA, Dec 31, 2006.

1. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
  2. monet1027

monet1027 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    So It Goes..

This is how African-Americans get slapped in the face by desegregation laws. We cry that we want equality and to be judged by the same standards and be given the same opportunities and all they hear is "wwaaahhhhh-special treatment--wahhhhhhhhhhhhh--lower standards---wwaaahhhhhhh". They don't realize they don't have to fight for consideration because the color of their skin makes consideration their birthright.
    They may see it as a victory and true equality but it's just another example of the road to Hell being paved with good intentions................

3. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Truthfully speaking - Most HBCU Administrators are BLINDED from what is going on in reality. They are too fixed on doing what it takes to impress massa, even if it is recruiting his children. Back to the Plantation(s) we go...or did we NOT leave them at all to begin with?

KD

4. robboy2003

robboy2003 Well-Known Member MEMBER

To bring strength and a calming influence,and to s
    Ratings:
    +5
    They'll lie and cheat and otherwise try to discredit a beautiful Black girl from winning their stupid and subjective contests.

We're well into the 21st century and still dealing with this bs!

5. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    I know the Brothers at TSU wanted to knock the soup out of ol Charlie! First a Latina revered as the sexiest woman of the year in a BM mag, now this :rolleyes: What's next? A Vietnamese Snoop Dogg spanking a Sista on her hiney on a music vid ranked #1 on BET? Hmmm...Or has that already come to pass?

6. monet1027

monet1027 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Spicy--it's already happened---we just ain't seen it ye. Everybody wants to live our lifestyle but nobody wants to spend a day in our shoes................

7. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Sad but:censored:true

8. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Thats been done already. seen the latest paul walls or justin
    timberfake video???

9. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spicybrown
    I know the Brothers at TSU wanted to knock the soup out of ol Charlie! First a Latina revered as the sexiest woman of the year in a BM mag, now this :rolleyes: What's next? A Vietnamese Snoop Dogg spanking a Sista on her hiney on a music vid ranked #1 on BET? Hmmm...Or has that already come to pass?

Thats been done already. seen the latest paul walls or justin
    timberfake video???

Dang, I need some of the young cats in here to start hipping me to the latest gossip.*faints*

10. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Sistah Spice & All:

I am almost too distant from the culture most of my fellow Young people live by, so what I say will not be all that valuable. However, it needs to be said.

You have heard of:

You Got Served
    Bring It On
    Drumline

...and on DOWN the LINE...

These movies are painting a new picture for the young people of today. It goes far beyond embracing White Black College Kings/Queens and the like. There is a new movie coming out with Nick Cannon in it this month. I forgot the name of it, but it is the latest version of the aforementioned films above. These movies are sending a message, telling the young people to join Greek Fraternities and Sororities, hang out at the clubs, make PARTYING the nucleus of the college experience, try to stay as Young as possible mentally, physically, and definetly, socially. My problem is not what it is doing; my problem is what it isn't doing.

It is not teaching them to Start Businesses, own Businesses, create jobs for their people, Know who they are, where they come from, be productive Family leaders in the future, eat healthy (they serve PARTY Food/Snacks at step-shows), stay off the streets at a certain time (some College clubs stay open until 3 a.m.), obtain Financial Literacy (almost all of them own Cell Phones; tickets to the "dance" are a rip-off); I think you get my point.

What we need is for the older Brothas and Sistahs to step up to these DJs, funding providers, etc. I can handle it at my HBCU, but I will need assistance from others nationwide. As we continue to say "Let them have some fun...they're kids!", BET, MTV, VH1, The Source, XXL, and all of these destroyers are taking over the youth. They are capitalizing off of us insisting that this mess is good for them. I hear that Professor Griff is making an effort by standing up to BET/Viacom - that is what I am talking about by others stepping up.

It's time for a 2007 Change!

Ase'

KD