Black People : white scientist say WHITE SKIN IS A DNA MUTATION

i bet you wont see this on CNN.

Scientists Find A DNA Change That Accounts For White Skin.

Scientists said yesterday that they have discovered a tiny genetic mutation that largely explains the first appearance of white skin in humans tens of thousands of years ago, a finding that helps solve one of biology's most enduring mysteries and illuminates one of humanity's greatest sources of strife.

The work suggests that the skin-whitening mutation occurred by chance in a single individual after the first human exodus from Africa, when all people were brown-skinned. That person's offspring apparently thrived as humans moved northward into what is now Europe, helping to give rise to the lightest of the world's.

Leaders of the study, at Penn State University, warned against interpreting the finding as a discovery of "the race gene." Race is a vaguely defined biological, social and political concept, they noted, and skin color is only part of what race is -- and is not.

In fact, several scientists said, the new work shows just how small a biological difference is reflected by skin color. The newly found mutation involves a change of just one letter of DNA code out of the 3.1 billion letters in the human genome -- the complete instructions for making a human being.

"It's a major finding in a very sensitive area," said Stephen Oppenheimer, an expert in anthropological genetics at Oxford University, who was not involved in the work. "Almost all the differences used to differentiate populations from around the world really are skin deep."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/15/AR2005121501728.html

their own scientist are even saying that their freaks

Thank you for sharing this! I read the complete article, and it was fascinating!

I have a few problems with this. First of all nothing in this universe happens by chance. Second I think it is fair to say that during the times in question not all people were considered brown skin but some Black skinned. Furthermore it sounds like in speaking of mutation it is talking about a Black albino. An albino was never mentioned. Lastly why is everthing supposebly related to skin. What about hair.
The other parts of the article are ok to me.

...A few genes have previously been associated with human pigment disorders -- most notably those that, when mutated, lead to albinism, an extreme form of pigment loss.

But the newly found glitch is the first found to play a role in the formation of "normal" white skin. The Penn State team calculates that [BOLD]the gene, known as slc24a5, is responsible for about one-third of the pigment loss that made black skin white[/BOLD]. A few other as-yet-unidentified mutated genes apparently account for the rest.

Although precise dating is impossible, several scientists speculated on the basis of its spread and variation that the mutation arose between 20,000 and 50,000 years ago. That would be consistent with research showing that a wave of ancestral humans migrated northward and eastward out of Africa about 50,000 years ago.....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/15/AR2005121501728_2.html

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Truth!

Great find sister cherryblossom, hope you read the whole thread.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back