Black People : WHITE PEOPLE STILL SCARED OF US?

DA BROTHER LOVE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 30, 2004
Please dont rob me. Please dont rape me. Please dont harass me.

To see the way she reacted to me, I wouldnt be surprised if this is what she was thinking. Anyway, so Im walking down the street minding my business, when this white lady who is in front of me keeps turning around and looking at me. At this point, I dont know what she's looking at, and I dont really care. Yet, I cant help but notice the look on her face, it was a look of nervousness or light fear. If it wasnt for her constantly looking back at me, I wouldnt have even know she was there. What exactly she may have been nervous about? Well, your guess is as good as mine. The smoothest move she could ever make came when we get to an intersection, and she walks all the way to the extreme right side of the walk. At this point, it is undeniably clear that this lady was trying to avoid me. What exactly for? I will never know. You would think that a black man dressed in business attire with a clean haircut would give a white person the opposite reaction. Well I guess not.

Next wonderful thing to happen is when two teenage looking white girls are in the same elevator as me. I casually thank them for holding the elevator for me. Ok so I get in the elevator and iniated some casual chit chat. The usual chit chat when you see someone your age in the same work environment, you girls work in this building too? Its funny I never seen yall here... Now these are fairly attractive girls, but it is not my intention to make any advances. Just casual chit chat. In spite of that, I get the cold shoulder. One word responses as they keep looking at each other as if to signal a cry for help, as if I violated her space or something.

Is it just me or do white people still look at us as being subhuman? Well I mean, the obvious answer is yes, but I would have at least thought that it might have cooled off a little. I mean, Ive always heard of rumors of how white women have a sexual fascination for black men. But in most my experience, when initiating conversation they always act as if Im trying to rob them, even when Im talking about the most innocent thing. This is the kind of thing that can make a black man turn racist. In all honesty, it could make a person feel like **** when people act like they are scared of you, like you are some kind of monster to be avoided. There is something that is separating us all, like there is an underlying tension between the races that I can sense, and until someone addresses it, it will probably only get worse.

That sucks, and I can't imagine being reacted to in that way. But it's called white paranoia, and you aren't the only one. They are affraid of your black body which is potentially harmful to them because you're a black man and black men according to a few theorist is in the eyes of whites, always about to do something harmful. Judith Butler in an essay titled "Endangered/Endangering: Scchematic Racism and White Paranoia" which can be found in Reading Rodney King/Reading Urban Uprisng, "the black body is circumscribed as dangerous, prior to any gesture... and the infantilized white [person] is positioned in the scene as one who is helpless in relation to that black body." I don't know about the sexual fascination thing; especially when she was terrified of what you might do to her sexually (rape).

DA BROTHER LOVE said:
Next wonderful thing to happen is when two teenage looking white girls are in the same elevator as me. I casually thank them for holding the elevator for me. Ok so I get in the elevator and iniated some casual chit chat. The usual chit chat when you see someone your age in the same work environment, you girls work in this building too? Its funny I never seen yall here... Now these are fairly attractive girls, but it is not my intention to make any advances. Just casual chit chat. In spite of that, I get the cold shoulder. One word responses as they keep looking at each other as if to signal a cry for help, as if I violated her space or something.

Brother OldSoul said that he will not get into an elevator with only him and a white female(s).

You may want to consider this, as all it would take, is them saying you did something wrong.

You wouldn't be the first Black Man wrongfully convicted because a white woman accused you.

There are some risks we just don't gotta take. Be careful Brother.

:heart:

Destee

DA BROTHER LOVE said:
Please dont rob me. Please dont rape me. Please dont harass me.

To see the way she reacted to me, I wouldnt be surprised if this is what she was thinking. Anyway, so Im walking down the street minding my business, when this white lady who is in front of me keeps turning around and looking at me. At this point, I dont know what she's looking at, and I dont really care. Yet, I cant help but notice the look on her face, it was a look of nervousness or light fear. If it wasnt for her constantly looking back at me, I wouldnt have even know she was there. What exactly she may have been nervous about? Well, your guess is as good as mine. The smoothest move she could ever make came when we get to an intersection, and she walks all the way to the extreme right side of the walk. At this point, it is undeniably clear that this lady was trying to avoid me. What exactly for? I will never know. You would think that a black man dressed in business attire with a clean haircut would give a white person the opposite reaction. Well I guess not.

Is it just me or do white people still look at us as being subhuman? Well I mean, the obvious answer is yes, but I would have at least thought that it might have cooled off a little. I mean, Ive always heard of rumors of how white women have a sexual fascination for black men. But in most my experience, when initiating conversation they always act as if Im trying to rob them, even when Im talking about the most innocent thing. This is the kind of thing that can make a black man turn racist. In all honesty, it could make a person feel like **** when people act like they are scared of you, like you are some kind of monster to be avoided. There is something that is separating us all, like there is an underlying tension between the races that I can sense, and until someone addresses it, it will probably only get worse.

That's a shame!
I'm sorry you had to go through this.
I was just listenening to the radio this more where united airlines threw Monigue and her hairstylist off of the plane because her hairstylist was in economy and monique was in first class and the stylist put moniques blow dryer in first class.
So the stewartess questioned monique about the dryer being hers than told her and her stylist to step off of the plane!
She also use the term "your people are disruptive" when all monique asked was why are you putting me off the plane?The lady called the police,one black officer and one white one.The black guy said hey monqiue and asked the stewartess do you know who this is? This is monique,she stated I dont care who she is and perceded to tell monique there were no more available flights from chicago to newyork and when they did get her a flight all they could give her was economy.The black cop told the stewartess you can't do her like that and the stewartess told him to back off! The officer pulled monique to the side and said just be cool you know what this is about well get you a plane.The guy (black man) in the airport heard what was going on and booked monique and her stylists and her other friends that the stewartess told that if you are with her you have to leave the plane too, all in the first class and on the very next flight out.
Monique said she just wants an apology!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back