Black People : White people lack empathy for brown people, brain research shows.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    May 4, 2010 — Restructure!
    [​IMG]New research from the University of Toronto-Scarborough shows that white people’s mirror-neuron-system fires much less, if at all, when they watch people of colour performing motor tasks, and I’m not at all surprised. For years, I just assumed that this was true, and that someone just had to do a study to prove it.
    After the United States invaded Iraq and massacred tens of thousands of Iraqis, worldwide terrorist recruitment skyrocketed, as well as terrorist attacks targetting the U.S. and coalition countries. Terrorist leaders cited the Iraq invasion and the deaths of Iraqis as the reason for the attacks. However, White Americans did not buy it, believing it to be a smokescreen for some other reason. It must be Islam, they reasoned, as they grasped at straws.
    I then realized that the vast majority of White Americans could not empathize with brown people at a very basic level. For most White Americans, the death and violence of thousands of brown bodies was just part of some abstract ethical argument to position oneself as morally superior to the United States. For most White Americans, brown people dying just meant flickers on the television screen about something happening far away. They didn’t feel the overwhelming anger and sadness they would normally feel when someone they know dies without reason. They couldn’t see the full reality of what death means, when the people who die are brown.
    I have seen white people complain online that they cannot see the facial expressions of (East) Asian faces. For many white people, East Asians are like emotionless robots who are efficient at machine-like things like number crunching. Some white people argue that while East Asians may be able to play musical instruments beautifully, they play music without soul.
    Most white people just don’t see us as humans. When brown people die through violence, or East Asians express joy or sadness through our faces, most white people’s brains just don’t register the human connection between our bodies and their bodies. When we watch movies and TV shows and read books featuring white protagonists, we have to put ourselves into white people’s shoes to understand the stories and feel the emotions of sadness, laughter, and pride. But people of colour are rarely the protagonists in the media that white people watch, so they rarely or never have to imagine themselves as us.
    When I watch some medical shows about a white person undergoing surgery, and the surgeon uses a sharp knife to break open pink skin, uses other instruments to yank out bloody tissue, or uses bloody string to sew up wounds, I can’t help but to squirm. My hands and arms unconsciously cover up the part of my body that corresponds to the area being operated on, as if protecting that part of my body from being penetrated by imaginary surgical instruments. From a purely rational perspective, this makes no sense. If I watch a (white) person being operated on from a third-person perspective, why should my body react as if it is my own body being traumatized?
    [​IMG]Mirror neurons are a theoretical construct to explain this type of basic bodily empathy in terms of neurons (brain cells). In macaque monkeys, the neurons in the part of their brains that control bodily movement fire (or activate) when they perform bodily movements. However, neuroscientists discovered that these same monkey brain regions also fire when monkeys watch other monkeys perform the same actions. This discovery was revolutionary, because something that previously could not be explained by science—empathy—may be finally understood in terms of things happening in the brain. When a human empathizes with anot

http://restructure.wordpress.com/20...mpathy-for-brown-people-brain-research-shows/

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

A lot of us have become so conditioned and mystified by white people that a lot of times I don't even use our Afrakan scholars unless I need to. White people be telling on themselves and often tell it better than any of us ever could. When they do it to their own people, that's when a lot of black people get that cognitive dissonance thing going on in their heads...like when the Pope admited that the Adam and Eve story was not true among other things. But hey, a lot of us keep holding on....keep wishing...keep hoping. What's the clinical definition of insanity?....Oh I remember, "Doing the same thing over and over hoping for different results".

3. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    I call that ambition :p

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    a spectrum of behaviors characterized by certain abnormal mental or behavioral patterns which they think
    as to what we think is a challenge to manifest , it's not that we lacklust or taken into there method brand
    it's just a series of steps, or collection taken to acquire knowledge , it become an experiences across many
    mediums which goes both ways ......

I've step outside the BOX to see beyond the supernatural

5. THE-GOD

THE-GOD Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    I put this article up 2 years ago. The "study" was no surprise to me.

6. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
  7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    :qqb009:just say that whites lack empathy…..along with a few other things

8. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    I'll do one better.
    They don't give a **** about us, PERIOD!

9. Deacs

Deacs Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +567
    I'm sorry people actually needed a study on this... you could simply look at the news.
    If you are different from them in color or religion or creed, they are looking to dispose of you most likely.
    -They mostly invade and attack and manipulate non Caucasian nations
    -They always stereotype religions which are not theirs as 'evil'
    -They create media to further stereotypes
    -Even if you are chosen as the leader of the nation as a non Caucasian, you will receive ridicule and slurs regardless of the station which you gained.

I could go on, but this by itself lets you see the point..

10. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    That's it, smooth and direct :lol:

Peace!

Users found this page by searching for:

1. empathy study blacks whites

2. white people lack empathy black