Black People : White People Don't Want to Admit They're Racist

Along with all the other books that has been recommended for you to read, SophiaG?

No, actually, I put the new reccomendations on my Summer 2013 Reading List Note on fb. I think I lost the original list from Destee that I made when my last computer died. Maybe I still have the list on a flashdrive somewhere. I'll have to look.

The reason they don't like to admit it, is because it would mean they would be responsible for changing it. So they abnegate responsibility altogether, and/or project the responsibility (blame) onto black people.

To be fair, not all white people do this. But if we're really going to be honest with ourselves, all white people are racist to some extent. It could be argued that all people are racist to some extent. It is a condition caused by systemic generational conditioning. Some people don't even know that they are racist.

I think admission might help them be more humble about themselves and it would make them more careful about what they say or think. That it would somehow lessen racism if they were to acknowledge their bias against black people.

As for what's in it for them...I would say, maybe, it would make them better human beings capable of better relationships with people. Rather than antagonistic accusatory "relationships" in which they refuse all responsibility.

What would the admission do. Would that change their racist outlook? The racist folks in South Africa during the Apartheid regime BENEFITED from being racist. Three times as much money was spent on a white child's education than was spent on blacks. Institutionalised racism helps white folks. They will not admit, nor will they change their behaviour. The whole political and economic system is geared for white folks to maintain their racist approach.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back