Black People : 'White people are less likely to be gay': Poll reveals African-American community has highest percen

RAPTOR

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 12, 2009

IntuitioninMD_2

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 16, 2012
This is funny. I will take a closer look at study. People should talk more about child sexual abuse. There are so many people that are part of the LGBT community and the heterosexual community that have been sexually abused. In so many cases this abuse have led them to chose a life as an LGBT person. Many of them deny this. There should be a study about the long term effects of child sexual abuse.

There also should be a national initiative about making people acknowledge that they are choosing their sexual orientation. It is not genetic.

Finally, surgeries for people to try to change their sex ( gender) should be illegal, because it is not possible to change your gender. So many people role play (act) out what they perceive to be true about men or women. This is on insult to people that are born males and females. But, more importantly it encourages a life in believing a delusion. I am for civil unions and against same sex marriage. It should be illegal for people that choose to be LGBT to sexually harass straight people. At the end of the day, most people probably do not want to know what people are doing in their bedrooms, however child sexual abuse and harassment needs to stop.

KMeister

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 27, 2013
  • Gallup survey, based on interviews with more than 121,000 people, showed that 3.4% of U.S. adults were lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT)
  • Highest proportion in black community, at 4.6%, followed by Asians (4.3%), Hispanics (4%) and Caucasians (3.2%)
  • Poll found 44% of LGBT adults were Democratic, and 13% Republican
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...African-American-community.html#ixzz3eOsdYNwR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Very interesting. I would think intuitively there would be no differences between racial group, but assuming this report reflects the truth, it begs the question why a slightly larger percent of African Americans identify as gay or lesbian more so than other racial groups. It might be that for whatever reason blacks just are gay/lesbian more than any other group--just like having nonstraight hair. However, it might be that whites who are gay and lesbian are more in denial about it than others. Just throwing out a wild guess.

KMeister

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 27, 2013
This is funny. I will take a closer look at study. People should talk more about child sexual abuse. There are so many people that are part of the LGBT community and the heterosexual community that have been sexually abused. In so many cases this abuse have led them to chose a life as an LGBT person. Many of them deny this. There should be a study about the long term effects of child sexual abuse.
I've never heard of any research purporting that sexual abuse positively correlates with being LGBT. On what do you base this assertion?

There also should be a national initiative about making people acknowledge that they are choosing their sexual orientation. It is not genetic.
I disagree with this one. I don't believe sexual orientation is a choice. I'm hetrosexual. It's what I am. People who I know who are gay or lesbian tell me they've virtually always felt this way, dating back to when they were children. That's not the same as individuals who choose to be in a homosexual relationship although they are straight. My admittedly limited understanding is such people do not identify themselves as gay. It's a bit of an oxy-moron: They're in a same-sex relationship but see themselves as primarily straight.

Finally, surgeries for people to try to change their sex ( gender) should be illegal, because it is not possible to change your gender. So many people role play (act) out what they perceive to be true about men or women. This is on insult to people that are born males and females. But, more importantly it encourages a life in believing a delusion. I am for civil unions and against same sex marriage. It should be illegal for people that choose to be LGBT to sexually harass straight people. At the end of the day, most people probably do not want to know what people are doing in their bedrooms, however child sexual abuse and harassment needs to stop.
I'm not sure what you mean by "It should be illegal for people that choose to be LGBT to sexually harass straight people." How do LGBT people harass straight people.?

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss:
Destee wrote on beautifulblkw's profile.
Hi Sister!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: So good to see you! Thanks for coming home! YAAAAAY! :yaay: Much Love and Peace! :love:
Massey Ferguson Tractors and farm implements for Sale in Africa especially in Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria and many more. Our tractor company in Africa having huge stock of brand new tractors and farm implements for tractor dealers.
sekou kasimu wrote on ZIbijah's profile.
Have you read "The Iceman Inheritance: Prehistoric Origins of Western Man's Racism, Sexism, and Aggression"?
$1 Billion Black dollars in 30 days