Black History : WHITE PEOPLE, AND BLACK CULTURE BANDITRY...

MANASIAC said:
This is a very good thread. I would like to also add some things I notice about this particular trend.

I believe one of the reasons why we as a people give up our musical talent and it is power, is becuse our music is demonized by a society that at the same time embrace's it.

I believe this double standard and other double standards are why it is so difficult for our people to cope and guard their history in this society. I believe the only solution is to create a society of our own, that celebrates our beauty and spirit in it's entirety, not a society like this one that only celebrates us when it stands to make a profit.
Brother Manasiac, that is a very powerful and insightful comment... I have to say that I agree wholeheartedly... Sometimes we act as if we are a scorned step-child, with nothing to call our own.... We HATE it when Whites adopt our cultural inventions... It is as though they contaminate it with their poisonous presence Problem is, in this society, we can never get away from them, and once their "into" our culture, it's over... We want no part of it anymore.... Such is the vicious cycle with us creating, then abandoning our cultural creations... If lotsa White folks started celebrating Kwanzaa, we'd turn on that too..

Peace!
Isaiah

panafrica said:
I honestly think it is both brother Isaiah. White people steal many aspects of our culture, but we give them access to it. When ever a white person shows interest in a black music form, we become "flattered" and mentor them in it. We even "legitimize" them by bringing them into our labels or producing their works. Then these white artist bring in their people as an audience (an audience seven times the size of ours), and we are left to wonder how these white folks took over. As a result black folk then start another form of music to claim for their own; only to again get "flattered" when a white person shows interest............the circle continues!

exactly my friend...this whole "crossing over" lie our people tell thereselves...we see it on tv..some black brother or sister will be asked by white and black people.."well now that you have crossed over you must be happy" and these ignorant brothers and sisters say yes..likes it a noble thing to be accepted by whites for only music and entertainment these same whites still have that superior complex over us....we still try to empress the white man..who took our knowledge and made it there own..and we still have the slave mind...to make sure whites buy our records, movies, and then we will be famous...i used to fall for that but not anymore..anytime i see one of our people straightnen there beautiful wholly hair, and trying to speak "proper" it hurts me deeply..our people are the most beautiful people on earth..and just to think thousands of years ago....the whites thought so too

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back