Black People : White House; open ear to Wall st. / closed ear to liberal critisicm

Ankhur

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
This guy Gibbs sounds like a version of Karl Rove
White House unloads anger over criticism from 'professional left’
By Sam Youngman - 08/10/10 06:00 AM ET

The White House is simmering with anger at criticism from liberals who say President Obama is more concerned with deal-making than ideological purity.

During an interview with The Hill in his West Wing office, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs blasted liberal naysayers, whom he said would never regard anything the president did as good enough.

“I hear these people saying he’s like George Bush. Those people ought to be drug tested,” Gibbs said. “I mean, it’s crazy.”

The press secretary dismissed the “professional left” in terms very similar to those used by their opponents on the ideological right, saying, “They will be satisfied when we have Canadian healthcare and we’ve eliminated the Pentagon. That’s not reality.”

Of those who complain that Obama caved to centrists on issues such as healthcare reform, Gibbs said: “They wouldn’t be satisfied if Dennis Kucinich was president.”

This guy Gibbs sounds like a version of Karl Rove
White House unloads anger over criticism from 'professional left’
By Sam Youngman - 08/10/10 06:00 AM ET

The White House is simmering with anger at criticism from liberals who say President Obama is more concerned with deal-making than ideological purity.

During an interview with The Hill in his West Wing office, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs blasted liberal naysayers, whom he said would never regard anything the president did as good enough.

“I hear these people saying he’s like George Bush. Those people ought to be drug tested,” Gibbs said. “I mean, it’s crazy.”

The press secretary dismissed the “professional left” in terms very similar to those used by their opponents on the ideological right, saying, “They will be satisfied when we have Canadian healthcare and we’ve eliminated the Pentagon. That’s not reality.”

Of those who complain that Obama caved to centrists on issues such as healthcare reform, Gibbs said: “They wouldn’t be satisfied if Dennis Kucinich was president.”

Chuck:

That guy needs to be given an IQ test...

:10500:

Gibbs is right on point and here is why

Gibbs is not talking about rank-and-file Democrats, but about those who have largely been announcing throughout the blogosphere for a good few months that they will sit out the mid-terms, never vote Democratic again, and primary Obama in 2012.

They were against all the good in HCR because it was not single-payer; they ignore any good the administration does in favor of harping on whatever single issue is their most beloved on which the President hasn't been progressive enough to their satisfaction; they scour the internet for negative articles to daily post on Democrats and the President on other websites; and NOTHING is ever good enough or makes a wit of difference to their perception of the President as a "corporatist."

I don't think Gibbs has alienated "the left." He has simply told the truth about the far left, who have loudly announced they weren't going to vote/were going to vote third-party anyway.

And there you have it.

Gibbs is not talking about rank-and-file Democrats, but about those who have largely been announcing throughout the blogosphere for a good few months that they will sit out the mid-terms, never vote Democratic again, and primary Obama in 2012.

They were against all the good in HCR because it was not single-payer; they ignore any good the administration does in favor of harping on whatever single issue is their most beloved on which the President hasn't been progressive enough to their satisfaction; they scour the internet for negative articles to daily post on Democrats and the President on other websites; and NOTHING is ever good enough or makes a wit of difference to their perception of the President as a "corporatist."

I don't think Gibbs has alienated "the left." He has simply told the truth about the far left, who have loudly announced they weren't going to vote/were going to vote third-party anyway.

And there you have it.
not really, in fact every sinle progressive web site that promoted Obama are now saying that he has become like Bush

I guess if he was white Black folks would see that too instead of "The Emperor's New Clothes"

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back