Black People : white farmers given acres of free land

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Oba Iparankanru, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Oba Iparankanru

Oba Iparankanru Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    This is one of the most RETARDED things I have read in a while

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3097440.stm

"They say they are only interested in bringing investment to a region which is poor and underdeveloped, but does have acres of fertile land."<-- sillyness

edited

2. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Welcome to DESTEE.... Oba

Reparations in a nut shell. Some people have no problem righting a wrong. Everybody benefits in any solution of this sort. The people get farmers willing to produce and grow goods, they need. And the famers are given the land they claim was taken unjustly. I like a happy ending.

Now during the thirty's and long before that blacks had frams and land. In the U.S.A. A controversial land redistribution programme.
    Took place here. It would be nice if the world righted all the wrongs. NOW!

NOW WHEN WILL A SUPER POWER SEE THE TRUTH, AND BENEFIT? OF DOING THE RIGHT THING. WE ALL BENEFIT. WE ALL GROW. THEY ARE TIED TO THE CHAINS THEY GAVE US AT BIRTH. YOU CAN'T GROW WE CAN'T GROW. KISS ME MOTHER NATURE.

3. ashadeofgray

ashadeofgray Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    The farmers happen to be white. They also happen to be rich and well educated in large-scale farming and probably have connections to markets that small-scale local farmers do not.

Because of the on-going legacy of colonialism in Africa done by the Europeans, the large-scale business people are disproportionately white.

In addition to inviting these folks to set up their enterprises in Nigeria, they should also be required to accept native farmers as interns who could observe and learn about the ins and outs of managing a large-scale farm.

Of course, this is a short-term solution. Small-scale farming should be encouraged world-wide. Its beneficial effects on health and the environment are well known and could lead to full employment, full stomachs and more local control of water supplies, pesticide use, etc.

4. Oba Iparankanru

Oba Iparankanru Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    yes but I seriously question if they will live up to the hopes of their purpose. Before mugabe kicked them out, the country wasnt doing much better, but we'll see how it turns out here and in angola.

5. Deepa

Deepa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Oba Ipara we are glad you joined us and gave us this great topic.

I'll have to ask you to edit your post by only using a few lines from actual article and/or paraphrase it in your own words as well as give a web address for everyone to access the entire article.

It is part of our copyright rules to protect the site and to respect the work of others.

If you need further information about our rules on placing articles and other written works on here please refer to this link:

http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8084