Black People : White family demands apology for Black history Month.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by frankster, Mar 26, 2015.

1. frankster

frankster Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +133

Fox News’ morning show “Fox & Friends” is generally insensitive, often factually wrong, sometimes downright offensive. Thursday morning, the show became a parody of itself when it interviewed two white Virginia parents, Rebecca and Charles, who are outraged because their 8-year-old daughter’s school district held a Black History Month event.

“Everywhere that we looked were students, high school students, wearing shirts that said ‘Black Lives Matter, I Can’t Breathe,” said Rebecca. “As I was flipping through my program, it had ‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot.”

Although Charles wanted his daughter removed from the event immediately, Rebecca decided to allow her to stay to sing with her choir.

“Students started coming out on stage saying things like, ‘I’m from Ferguson, Missouri. I was told to put my hands up. I did and I was shot seven times. My name is Michael Brown,” Rebecca recalled. “I immediately realized that this was not something that was a good idea for my daughter to be seeing.”

After the assembly, Rebecca and Charles’ daughter asked why cops shoot “good people”– a conversation that Charles just wasn’t ready to have!

“It took me off guard. We really had to have a discussion with our daughter in great detail about current events we should never have had,” he said. “We should have been notified as parents, and we were not. There has been no apology. There has been no ‘This will not happen again.’ And that needs to be done.”
    http://www.salon.com/2015/03/19/all...pology_for_schools_black_history_month_event/

2. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    The 8 year old had some interesting questions

3. frankster

frankster Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +133
    Yeah that was the response I think the writers of the play was hoping for.....that kids go home and ask their parents those or similar questions.

4. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Maybe, after this, the white kids will ask to have their parents finally apologize for dissorderly thinking...

5. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Guess as a parent the concern is more about controlling the content your child is privy to.
    Sex, drugs and violence are typically things many parents attempt to shield their children from until they think they are mature enough to have a cognitive discussion on them.

Maybe they thought Black History Month affects would be more along the lines of contributing to America.

Benjamin Banneker, George Washington Carver, Rosa Parks, Fredrick Douglas, Booker T, Martin, etc.

Mainstream Black History... you know.
    Because the outlaw Malcolm and Du Bois content for the most part

6. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Lol.......

Applauad the situation and demeaning the situation = nonsense. ..

Calling Malcolm an outlaw, along with dubois, is really a good way to wash your hands..

7. sekou kasimu

sekou kasimu PanAfrikanist Revolutionary MEMBER

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +864
    That her old man was not prepared to answer! I wonder why? :)

8. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    That had alot to do with why he was upset with the school... not to mention he is part of the police force.
    What did he say, something like "it was inappropriate for elementary age students".

Did any other parents have this same conclusion?

Orange School Board says controversial Black History Month program not meant to offend

http://www.fredericksburg.com/news/...cle_71f87fcf-64f9-54f7-b30e-6168fdebb3dd.html

‘Hands Up, Don’t Shoot’ School Program Leaves Police Family Furious
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-school-program-leaves-police-family-furious/

This story below was spun a few days after the event, and probably beat all the other headlines

Orange County Virginia Schools Celebrate Black History With Victimhood and Anti-Police Lies

Imagine you are a police officer – for most of you that will not be hard. Your eight year old daughter who is in third grade tells you that she is going to sing in a black history performance that is being put on by the high school in your local school district. Tolerant and respectful of other cultures, you share in your child’s excitement of her chance to perform for a good cause.

http://www.anonymouscop.com/2015/03...-history-with-victimhood-and-anti-police-lies

Just by the way the article begins, it just laughable.
    What world is this author from??

Lightfoot Elementary School
    http://www.movoto.com/schools/ranch...on-p-lightfoot-elementary-school-061296003826

Seems like staged/planned/fake outrage to me, and these parents knew what was going on in advance.
    SMH @ "she was singing Motown songs"

Should have brought the 3rd grader on with them and ask her how she felt about the event... chuckles.

9. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    upload_2015-3-26_14-46-54.png

I thought this was at the Elementary school, the High School invited other schools to participate.
    Could only imagine the drive home.

"Daddy, have you been bad to black people?"

He will have 10 more years of these types of questions.

And as for her singing a "Motown Medley"... would they have rejected to this one?