Black Parenting : White couples adopting Black childern, what is your opinion?

Discussion in 'Black Parenting' started by Full Speed, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    It is happening more frequently, especially among celebs. I am currently listening to a call in radio show on the matter. Almost all callers are ok with it. What is your opinion?

2. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +863
    I hope they realize the babies cannot be returned!

3. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Abosolutely not.

give the baby back to Jochebed, or else the baby is going to grow up and have a lot of confusion and/or resentment towards this government no matter what they say about his or her Mama.

This government will not financially support and properly EDUCATE black females. This is deliberate hatred against Black women. They gonna pay.

4. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    What do we think of the idea that they are training black "soldiers" to act on their behalf in the GREAT WAR?

5. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    We can all have opinions about this but unless we plan to do something about it then to those who continue to adopt our children our words of anger and outrage are empty at best. Therefore I reserve my comment until my actions can match them.

6. medusanegrita

medusanegrita Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +565
    [​IMG]

Maybe it's the publicity these stars are getting now, but it does seem to the 'in' thing.
    Reminds of Bruno, did anybody see that? Is this really the new trend now - we put on black babies like a new fur coat? I hope they know there's generally a no-return policy on these babies.

I do not approve of white folks adopting black kids, what's the ulterior motive behind it? R they trying to create a new class of confused little Oreo cookies - black kids w/ white values who will value whiteness above all else & be ashamed or against blacks & blackness? This is very divisive & another divide and conquer tactic to separate black people and put us against each other, as if there wasn't enough self-hatred in the black community already that WHITES created from slavery, to jim crow, to current white privilege that devalues black people in the process!

Black children should reside with black parents.... however I'm acutely aware that there is currently a dire lack of black and eligible black parents - probably on purpose and with an agenda. They are much quicker take black children out of the home and place them into the system, rendering many black people inedible to adopt black children since they have had children in the system. That leaves the ‘Great White Savior’ to come and take them over and place them in their own household.

Well…. At least her baby is an American and not African. Nothing against the adoption of African babies, but we have children here in need just as well.

Me thinks Sandra took her last movie to heart – the one where she and her family ‘adopted’ some big black dude’ – and he was ever so grateful to her and her kindness. A whitie saves another darkie and whitens him up in the process. Well ain’t that speshul.

Cute baby tho.

7. Black Squared

Black Squared Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +177
    As long as the baby is in a loving family it doesn't matter

8. HyperKill

HyperKill Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +319
    They are simply showing you negroids how to raise a child. It's a literal case of Blindside vs Precious, which most you nuts just didn't pick up on, the mesage that is. Will it hate other blacks. No doubt it probally will in some cases. But overall the solution is with more meaningful relationships between us so as not to have unwanted kids. Carnal desires + fleshly gratification=orphan or abortion. But at the same time, I doubt many are picking up black kids to just mix it with a white person. May have well gotten a Dominican or Brazilian kid if thats what she wanted.

9. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Where a child is properly love, I don't think it should be denied, no. For trend? Now that's despicable. A baby or child isn't a handbag; in one season, out the next. And for a child to find out that's why they were adopted, unless they are super shallow only counting the wealth of their white parents, they'd be heartbroken, for sure. But as stated, if it's entirely out of love for the child, I don't see why it'd be a problem; they'll have what at first they would have been denied.

10. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Babies are put up for adoption for a number of reasons.

Sometimes, because the mother simply doesn't want a child, has no maternal instincts/feelings to nurture a child and, sometimes, because the mother cannot afford to support the child......sometimes, because of incarceration and/or substance abuse.

However, for the latter, the government is not liable/responsible for the acts of men and women who create life without fore-thought to caring for a child.

Personal responsibility/accountability must be taught/considered.

In the Bible, Jochebed, essentially, gave up Moses for "adoption" to save his life.

The same principle applies to other Black children adopted by parents, of any race, who can and will love and nurture them.