Black People : White Corporate America profitting off the Thug Appeal

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by panafrica, Nov 1, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/col/louis/

2. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
  3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I think this article does an excellent job of highlighting my concerns about the impact these images/messages have on our youth.

4. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

It sure does.

5. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I hope old Curtis got a receipt for his soul when he sold it just in case he ever needs to get it back

MississippiRed

6. Deepvoice

Deepvoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Corporate white America will go along with anything that makes them money. I think they will even do their own in, too. If they would do something like that, then don't you think they will definitely do us the same or worse?

I wonder will this movie be any good?

7. nevar

nevar Well-Known Member MEMBER

working to own my plus size empire.....
    Ratings:
    +135
    is it just me have the corporate america forgotten about morals. i like 50 cent but i begin to dislike his whole attitude on life. i was down with him until i read some reports about supposelly said he dont give a what if innocent children die and also if dr. dre does game album he has beef with him. i know you cant believe everything you read but i must say this. 50 cent needs to stop trying to be Tupac everybody cant be Tupac. and I don't believe he had it as hard as he say. hell we all had it hard but do you see us profitting off it. every rapper that comes say they was a slanger, been shot. who in the hell cares that not cute. it shows how he wasnt raised right. my grandma didn't play if she heard you did something wrong you get a beatdown and dfacs wasnt involved. some of this hype that there doing is only messing with the youth mind today. they say if you don't want your children to see it then don't let them watch it. first of all if it wasnt for his loyal fans which probably are kids spending their last so he can ride in his bentley or twist around his g-unit charm. see how they turn when money starts rolling in. i'm not hating on him he just need to stop trying to be Tupac. What good is he going to be to anybody if he's dead. only one man on earth make that two men one should be given high praise. the men are Jesus and Elvis. i don't think the path fifty is choosing is going to get him that lifetime recognition he so want to have. its amazing how both are dead not well jesus but is on people mind today for generations to come. fifty was to die right now the world will talk but he will be a faded memory to some. and my god thats what all the rappers of today want to be remembered as a distant memory. as long as the big companies that thrive off their hype up crap make lots of money they dont care who it hurts. but as soon as the money and time they invest in him didn't work out fifty wont be able to sell hamburgers off the street.:thinking: as for the movie i think it gonna be boring. remember all aint what it crack up to be i may just wait until i see someone with a bootleg version before i pay to see it. i can save my 6.50 for something with real talent and not a wannabe.

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    point made clear here .........if we don't stand up
    for ourselves and the truth our rights and voice it all
    then who will !

9. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    On this site there are threads dedicated to pondering the questions about choices we make in our potential mates. The issue is one of image. This is a issue not only affecting the black communities but it's affecting white communities as well. The a few weeks back I was walking through the mall in VA and saw a non-descript white man strolling through the mall with his wife and baby daughter with an athletic T-shirt with the words "PIMPTOWN USA" blazen across his chest like it was somethng to be proud of. The white man has been in the pimping and drug dealing business for centuries. This is nothing new to him. For the love of money he also is being consumed in the process. The glorication of pimps, prostitutes and drug dealers has rubbed off on them as well. You can't shovel manure without eventually smelling like manure. They are reek from the stinch of the dirt they have done and everyone is starting to smell it.

Peace....

10. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976