OldSoul : white bank robber used black mask to fool cops

Discussion in 'OldSoul' started by oldsoul, Apr 23, 2010.

1. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    White bank robber used black mask to fool cops
    [​IMG]

When Ohio police put out an A.P.B. for a black male who had robbed five banks, they were puzzled as to why they could never catch the guy.
    He always seemed to slip away, despite cops locking down the area around the target banks.
    That's probably because the real suspect was a white guy from Florida disguised as an African-American. Blame this one on the magic of Hollywood.
    Conrad Zdzierak, a former Seminole resident, was arrested earlier this month accused of robbing four banks and a CVS pharmacy in a three hour span, reported ABC Action News.
    Police said he eluded police by wearing a mask known as "The Player," which transformed the very white, spike-haired Zdzierak into a very dark, bald black guy. Zdzierak, 30, also wore shades to cover his blue eyes.
    The suspect seen in the surveillance photographs and that we were looking for, we believed to be an African American male," Springdale Police Lieutenant Michael Mathis said.
    "The suspect was actually a male, white, who was wearing an elaborate disguise."
    Between robberies, Zdzierak would take off the mask and drive by police as they searched for the black suspect.
    So what uncovered this made by Hollywood mystery? A dye pack from one of the bank robberies exploded in the suspect's getaway car, which cops found parked outside a hotel.

the rest: http://www.thegrio.com/news/white-bank-robber-used-african-american-mask-to-fool-cops.php

2. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
  3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Dat's what i call face off some real hollywood crap.......

4. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    I have to give it to him. That was genius. I saw a picture of the mask, and if not for that exploding ink pack, he would have gotten away with it for awhile. It even made him look like an older black man. It was as realistic as one can get. Even the lips moved.

5. Emerald_Queen

Emerald_Queen Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +83
    That is soo wack! I mean yeah he had to be creative in the mask and posing as a black man..but he got caught...

6. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    This reminds me of Tropic Thunder...

7. medusanegrita

medusanegrita Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +565
    Robert Downey Jr. was the funniest part in the whole movie.
    It has one those 'I-think-I-should-be-offended-but-it's-just-so-durn-good-and-funny' vibes to it.

The guy, he was smart but I'd hardly call it ingenious. The disappointing part is that whites will try to overlook this and act like it's no big deal, but it's disappointing that everyone still knows that if you want to get away with something - blame it on black people... everyone thinks they are criminals anyway.

This just contributes to the devaluing of race and why we often have no respect for each other.

8. enquiring_mind

enquiring_mind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +198
    I couldnt agree more