Pan Africanism : White Africans

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by Destee, May 18, 2005.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Hello Family,

I have been browsing the forum this morning, and am always amazed at the wealth of knowledge found here. It all stimulates my thinking. Thank you.

Which brings me to this thread ... 'cause i dun been stimulated! :)

Is there a such thing as a "White African?"

Well ... i know that there are White folk in Africa, some even born there, but i'm wondering ... way back in the beginning ... were there White folk in Africa?

Does this term ... White African ... stimulate any thoughts in you?

If so, please share.

:heart:

Destee

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    way back in the beginning there were no white people.
    that is why it was called the garden of eden.

3. African_Prince

African_Prince Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +48
    There is no such thing as a 'White African'. In Africa Whites are classified as Europeans. Whites and Arabs born on the Continent may be Egyptian, South African, Zimbabwean etc. citizens but are not ethnically African people. The first White people in Africa were the Boers, descended from Dutch settlers who arrived in South Africa in 1652 and fought wars with the bantu African groups and Khoikhoi (" Bushmen" ) Africans, although the Portuguese had been trading with Africans and exploring the Continent as early as the 15th century.

4. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19

I don't think so unless you count black Albinos.

5. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    Destee

Actually, the people who'd best fit the definition you gave of "white Africans" would be the original Berbers of North Africa.

The Ancient Egypitans also refered to these people as Lybians and being of the white race.

They were white and very light skinned originally before being mixed with brown Arabs and black Moorish tribes under Islamic conquest.

6. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Berbers are not ethnically indigenous to Africa, as is explained in this link:

http://www.spaincostaluz.com/moors.htm

7. Ralfa'il

Ratings:
    +16
    Sam

Thanx for the link but I already know the history of the Berbers, better known as the Amazons.

They are related to the Phonecian/Canaanites and both originate from the Greek island of Crete.

But it can also be said that NO ONE is ethnically indigenous to Africa.

I as well as Elijah Muhammad, many scholar and others believe that humanity started in the Middle East and spread to both Europe, Africa, China, and India.

The Berbers have been there for thousands of years, so how far back do you want to go?

8. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    "Amazons" are an imaginary, mythological group of people:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazons

Berbers are a mix of Tuareg and Pre-Romanized Carthagians, with some Yemeni and Sabean origins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berbers

Let it be known, that CRETANS were originally Afro-Asiatic peoples.

This is not correct.

The oldest human (re: homosapien) fossil is found in Africa and no where else.

Africa is the cradle of Humanity.

I'd like you to QUOTE Elijah, where he EXPLICITLY made such statements in his teachings.

In the meantime, Elijah has stated that "Civilization started in the Arabian Desert".

Civilization and humanity are 2 different things

Paleolithic. Can you go there with me?

PEACE

9. Ralfa'il

Ratings:
    +16

"BERBERS, the name under which are included the various branches of the indigenous Libyan race of North Africa. Since the dawn of history the Berbers have occupied the tract between the Mediterranean and the Sahara from Egypt to the Atlantic. The origin of the name is doubtful. Some believe it to be derived from the word f3itpj5apot (barbarians), employed first by the Greeks and later by the Romans. Others attribute the first use of the term to the Arab conquerors. However this may be, tribal titles, Barabara and Beraberata, appear in Egyptian inscriptions of 1700 and 1300 B.C., and the Berbers were probably intimately related with the Egyptians in very early times. Thus the true ethnical name may have become confused with Barbari, the designation naturally used by classical conquerors. To the Egyptians they were known as Lebu, Mashuasha, Tamahu, Tehennu and Kahaka

In spite of a history of foreign conquestPhoenician, Greek, Roman, Vandal, Arab and Frenchthe Berber physical type and the Berber temperament and nationality have fhjzracter. persisted since the stone age. The numerous invasions have naturally introduced a certain amount of foreign blood among the tribes fringing the Mediterranean, but those farther inland have preserved their racial purity to a surprising degree. Though considerable individual differences of type may be found in every village, the Berbers are distinctively a white race, and the majority would, if clad in European costume, pass unchallenged as Europeans.

http://35.1911encyclopedia.org/B/BE/BERBERS.htm

Like I said....

Berbers are as close as we'll get to original "white Africans".

10. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    Peace my sister. Whites cannot be African. The term "African" refers to the indigenous people of Africa. Africans include all people of African ancestry living in continental Africa and throughout the world. Being African is not a state of mind. It denotes race - always has and always will.

White people living on the African continent are in no moral position to call themselves African. Non-Africans - this includes Europeans, Asians and bi-racial people - benefited from apartheid at the expense of the African majority. It was clear then to whom the term referred.

Many white South Africans do not speak African languages, do not practice African customs, and treat Africans with haughty disdain. This same group has the audacity to call themselves "African." IMHO, self-appointed non-Africans proclaiming expertise on the definition of "African" are themselves racist...

There is no confusion about who is European, as Europeans (i.e., white people) have made sure that the definition excludes anyone whose blood is diluted.

A white man may be a South African citizen, but an African he will never be. Tracing our ancestors would lead one back to Africa; tracing the Caucasian's ancestors would certainly not. "White Africans" are as mythical as unicorns.