Africa : 'White' African immigrant: Any difference?

my opinion: there is no such thing as a white african immigrant

I'm of that opinion too, but if a person chooses to address themselves as so, I'm not gonna argue about it. If a rat spoke and told me it was rabbit, I'll call it a rabbit but I'll keep my rat traps set.

PurpleMoons,
Repatriated whites from Africa are everywhere I am unaware of where you reside, so cannot point you in their direction - but they are quite present in the Netherlands, and London - groups/clubs - and when you read their forums, their "African nation" is not discussed. It is mainly networking, tips and advice in their "new" countries, exchanging job related info. Little of their African substance can be seen - and only heard when they want to discuss how much they "lost" and how self destructive and unappreciative black Africans are in general.
I have met many - and have yet to hear one speak with longing for the culture/people nor have I met one who hadnt quickly apated to their "new" home and simply started a new chapter in their lives without looking back or supporting the betterment of the Africa they left behind.

Hmmm! Thank you Sister Zulile and Brother Keita!

So they never mention the African ties huh? Funny...hahaha. I've read some articles where white africans seem to always be crying "we have just as much rights to be here! This is our home too! I guess they're only African when its convienant. Just like those white folks here who loves them some Black people.....Well, thats until the cops come knocking.

:heart:

PurpleMoons said:
I'm of that opinion too, but if a person chooses to address themselves as so, I'm not gonna argue about it. If a rat spoke and told me it was rabbit, I'll call it a rabbit but I'll keep my rat traps set.

Hmmm! Thank you Sister Zullie and Brother Keita!

So they never mention the African ties huh? Funny...hahaha. I've read some articles where white africans seem to always be crying "we have just as much rights to be here! This is our home too! I guess they're only African when its convienant. Just like those white folks here who loves them some Black people.....Well, thats until the cops come knocking.

What i fear is that true Africans or Black people from that continent are calling the whites "African" or "brother" Much like our own Arican American love thy enemie types refer to whites as brother and "we are all human" type jargon.

My question is do black folk in Africa refer to them as "Africans"? I watched the out takes from blood diamondand the white boy producer was refering to dicaprio's character as an "African". Did actor Djimon Honsu allow this did he call this white boy an African? whoo knows but Im sure it does happen

Would some black people from Africa look at whites as there kin and black americans as a starnger or enemey?

Would some black people from Africa look at whites as there kin and black americans as a starnger or enemey?

hmmm....These questions are getting more interesting and intense as we continue.

I'm guessing just like here, some will and some won't. But whats the majorities take on it?

Perhaps Sister Zulile can provide a little more insight on the overall reaction of Black Africans to whites who reside in Africa. Do most Black Africans refer white as native Africans/Brother/Sisters? Or if they do, is it just a means of being polite?

My experience: I have never heard any Black African refer to a white resident as a native African, brother or sister.

In regards to the producer labelling dicaprio as an African - Yes, the rest of the white world may refer to whites in Africa as Africans - but that's meant and used as an exotic term, not to be compared to the same word used to describe a Black African which often has less exotic connotations.

Current referece: all colours have fled/left the African continent for a multitude of reasons - and almost every major city has an African suburb/ghetto - yet you'd be hard pressed to find a "white African" amongst them.

I gather from many Blacks (in dispora) that they too, do not believe in the "white African" and almost feel.. insulted.. that they would be referred to as such.

Let's expand a little and open up a debate:

Is there such a thing as a Black American? My answer is also "NO".

What's yours?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back