Black Spirituality Religion : Which Religions are "Made by God" and which are "Made by Man?"

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Destee, May 26, 2003.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    It's been suggested that some religions are "Made by God" and some are "Made by Man." Can we discuss which ones you think are God-Made and which ones are Man-Made?

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

2. ifasehun

ifasehun Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Okay, I am fully prepared to catch fire on this topic, but hey -- that's cool. Not like I havent been in that BBQ pit before. lmao.

i could make a pretty exhaustive list, but i dont wanna type for that long

Man-Made:
    • Church of Scientology: its spiritual founder was a wife beater, pedophile and uncontrollable liar.
    • Nation of Islam: This is a political organization, not a religion. You dont even need to bring a Koran to services. Its because they rarely teach from it. A minister gives sprinklings of it in what can only be referred to as a political-socio commentary.
    • Bahia: God asked them to take elements of several religions and make it into one, but forgot to tell the religious leaders and followers of the other religions? I thinks not.
    • Mormons: God gave you a second set of holy tablets? To a bunch of people that were notorious racists and chauvinists? Again, highly unlikely.
    • All variants of Islam being practiced in the U.S. by AF-AMs that are offshoots of Noble Drew Ali, UNIA and NOI. These are political orgs in their beginnings and many, especially as they are being practiced in the South and on the East Coast, are nothing more than hideouts for black pedophiles and drug dealers. I wont even bother naming all of them. But if they are rocking a star and crescent with a 7, they are on the list. If they use egyptian symbology in their artwork and/or call themselves nubians - add 'em.
    • Black Herbew Israelites & all derivatives.
    • Modern charimastic christian churches in Africa. (dont even get me started on suspect behavior)[/list=a]

God created:
      • Islam. although i consider it to be holding and prepetuating some seriously evil ways for the past several thousand years.
      • Judiasm. But they are still exhibiting much of what got Jesus crucified, when do people learn?
      • All traditional Asian religions.
      • All genuine/old school Native American traditions
      • All traditional african religions
      • Old school Wicca in Europe, NOT what they practice today in U.S.
      • Christianity comes from some real roots, but it in itself exhibits so many negative and evil ways, it makes it hard to view it as a legitimate voice of God. So I am 50/50 on this one.

[/list=a]
        my list, my opinion. Aqil, before you even start-It aint my thread. if you gotta come at me, be detailed because i am only going to answer you personally once, you are way too emotional to get myself wrapped up in a discussion with you.

3. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I have a question. Did jesus teach religion or was his main interest was to teach us how to be more GOD like? Surely the practice of being God like is a religous action, but which one holds the most significance, The practice or the being? I am just wondering what others think? Thanks Destee that is a very interesting question. It raises many questions.

4. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    Let us define the word "religion" first:

The word “religion” is derived from the Latin word “religo,” which means to tie, to fasten, or bind back. The words “ligament” and “legion” are also derived from the Latin root word “religo.” Religion really means the scientific understanding of the Supreme Controller of the Universe; to understand the Supreme Controller and to obey His laws.

No religion – which is simply a set of externalized and formalized ideas – is indispensable. Only truth is indispensable, for it shines with a light that is instantly and universally recognized. Unlike dogmatism, which is invariably divisive, truth has a unifying effect, because it is a manifestation of the oneness of life and being...

God's Creation - the Universe and all that is contained therein - is His "religion," if you will...

5. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115
    I agree Destee, very good question.

My stance?

There are NO religions created by God. Man created all of them.

Yes there were those who recieved divine words from God and they were handed down in verbal form and subsequently recorded. However, in EVERY religion man has interviened with interpretations and rules that have not come from GOD yet they have gotten many people to believe that they have.

Therefore, we are left with our only two ways to be more God like. Prayer and Faith. Neither of these lends itself to being apart of a religious denomination, only worshiping God.

The following of a set of rules and regulations other than Love God and Love thy Neighbor makes for religion and IMHO, in many cases, PREVENTS us from being as Godly as we can be.

6. DreamFunk

DreamFunk Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    A007, you took the words right out of my mouth....ALL "religions" are man-made. The instructions given to us by the Almighty are meant to be a WAY OF LIFE...not a special activity that is separate from our daily actions.

Judiasm too is man-made. The word Judiasm can be found nowhere in Scripture. That is because the institution called Judism is a mixture of the original teachings of Moshe (Moses) and Babylonian customs that the original Hebrews picked up during their Babylonian Exile (6th century BCE).

7. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    ifasehun, why do your believe that some religions are made by God? Is there some text or proof that you can provide to support your belief?

Didn't all of the religions you list as God-created stem from man's own interpretation of what he believed in as truth?

Among the list, aren't some religions in conflict with others and if so, wouldn't that be proof right there that they are man-made and not God-created?

8. ifasehun

ifasehun Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    i think everyone is going in a different direction than me, so let me restate my point like this:

Some religions in my opinion, have nothing to do with God. Some religions have and never will be paths of God. Some religions are ruined by the culture that perpetuates them, so those religions are in danger of evolving in a way that seperates them from the voice of God.

Some people are so desperate to find God that any 'ole charmastic genuis can pretend to be a prophet and restate a few common thoughts on ethics or redemption and people fall hook, line and sinker.

I dont believe religions is man's interpetation. At least not real religions. lol real religions draw on God.

which is why most indigenous religions only recognize other religions that use divination. its the only way that every person can check the truth for themself, without or without a clergy, to make sure that something is really being propogated by God, so you are tricked or lulled into wrong action.

9. dnommo

dnommo Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher of English, Literature & Poetry
    Ratings:
    +15
    okay...well it's been a while since I've visited but I guess I shall jump in this one...

I am divided by the question because whence we define the word religion, as Aqil has, then we must truly realize that religion is "God-inspired" or for those who care to argue specific words "Spirit inspired".

All religious texts have been created from inspiration by God. Meaning, the person who has written down, or interpreted such texts, have made claim that it is inspired by God. What one practices is ones choice and because God, Allah, ELohim, Jehovah, etc, is so vast and expansive, how can we take time out to argue which religions is created by God and which is not?

Here's a question, if God is the creator of all things, then how is it something is created without His knowledge or His permission? Could it be that there is purpose for both good and evil in this world as well as such divisive arguments about whose religion is whose?

Ifasehun, please forgive me, for i am not singling you out but, i am curious about one comment. If religions draw on God, is that not man's interpretation on how they draw on God? While God is the foundation and premise of religion, man's interpretation of how that religion works is basic human interpretation. Just curious...

All comments here are very good...interesting question Destee.

10. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    Everything in the Universe proceeds from something and is succeeded by something. That something is God, which precedes and succeeds everything. God is – when nothing else is, and God was – when nothing else was...