Black Spirituality Religion : Which Person Is Worse?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Dual Karnayn, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    You have 2 sisters:

One is basiclly law abiding and doesn't do much for anyone but doesn't hurt anyone either.
    She just keeps to herself

Both of her parents are seriously disabled and dying...but rather than assume the responsibility of taking care of them she just walks off and leaves them to die.

The other has always been in and out of trouble through out her life and has been sort of a "thuggette".
    she stole from others, helped her boyfriend move rocks, and even physcially hurt a few innocent people.

Both of her parents are seriously disabled and dying but she stays and looks after both of them right up to the end.

Assuming there was no arrangement between them for one to take care of the parents and it was totally a choice, which sister is worse in your opinion?

And what should happen to such a person?

2. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    In my opinion the opposite of love is not hate but indifference. So the one who had compassion is the better sister.

As to what should happen to the other sister I don't think it's for me to judge such a thing. Human behavior is dynamic and teachable. I guess she should be taught the value of compassion. And probably forgivenness because it sounds like she may have some things against her parents like maybe she wasn't their favorite which is why she had to prove her worth by being an upstanding citizen while the other one may have been a little spoiled.

3. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    Hmmmmm......

Do you believe the daughter who abandoned her parents to die should be punished either by the rest of the family or "divinely" for her behavior?

4. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I believe her error should be brought to her attention and some sort of correction on a divine level should be rendered. Punishment is totally in God's hands to say what someone deserves.

No, the rest of the family should not convene to punish her since they didn't help the parents either.

5. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    Hmmmm.......

Good point.

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Brother Dual ... i know it is probably one's natural inclination to stand in judgement of another's life, choices, and experiences. It's hard not to do this, as we have eyes and can see, with thoughts inside of ourselves of what is right and wrong. I understand that part, but we must strive to focus on self, and not stand in judgement of another's life based on one, two, or even three acts within it. While some are major, as you've described above, they do not a life make.

Which of the two Sisters are worse than what? Worse than your or my idea of what is right and proper? Could they both be worse, and then we'd have to determine which of them are more worse than the other?! If we put up these few pieces of their life, compared to a few ugly pieces of our own lives, who then would be worse? What exactly is achieved, after determining who amongst us is (or has been) worse?

When my Mother passed away, all of us were there, all of my siblings, except one. The rest of us have never suggested that she is worse than the rest of us. Yes, she had some different challenges than us, but worse ... nawww ... i don't think so.

We never know all of the pieces needed, to properly evaluate another's life. I believe that is why this task is ultimately left up to our Creator. If there is to be any spiritual punishment meted out, it will certainly not come from us ... though we do try dispensing it!

Either of the Sisters in your scenario, could have gone to the Creator, asked for and received forgiveness ... yet those who stand in judgement of their life, never know that. Then who is the worse person, the one forever holding something against these Sisters, or the Sisters who went to God and sought forgiveness?

As i've said before, it all comes down to self.

Did you do what you were suppose to do? If yes, then you've done your part. If not, try to fix it.

:heart:

Destee

7. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

Both are really bad in this case. Leaving your dying parents? Hurting innocent people?

Their just actions in no way justify the horrid ones, so that can't be used as a measurement, I don't think. And it's not up to men to definitively decide which is worse and what their judgment should be.

Sure, I can figure that something might be a worse action depending on why they did it, and how they went about doing it, but overall, that's a judgment of the Most High and His Son to decide which is the worst evil, and what should happen to them throughout life, and thereafter. He knows their heart, so will know who's "worse".

At any rate, what would make them both better is if they'd be believing and faithful to the Most High and His Anointed Son, who was sacrificed and resurrected for our salvation. In true faith, they'd know to honor their mother and father, and know to do no harm to any, but keep the laws of the land which you dwell temporarily, not breaking the commandments of the Most High for any man or woman. Just the truth.

8. Josh X Brown

Josh X Brown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +156
    As Salaam Alaikum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We reap what we sow.