Black People : Which Magazines do We Read Now?

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
It's been decades since I've read Ebony or Essence. I used to love these magazines but they seemed to focus solely on beauty, fashion and celebrity and I'm just not into that. I don't even wear makeup and I couldn't care less about who's kissing whom.

So what's out there now? Where can I find the beef?

What happened to the Ebony Bookshelf?

It's been decades since I've read Ebony or Essence. I used to love these magazines but they seemed to focus solely on beauty, fashion and celebrity and I'm just not into that. I don't even wear makeup and I couldn't care less about who's kissing whom.

So what's out there now? Where can I find the beef?

What happened to the Ebony Bookshelf?

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Good point sister river,

There is a huge gap out there for good reading material in the black community, since the lost of Ebony, Essence and Jet. Believe it or not, our group, GroupThink Project-Group, has plans of taking action to produce a Destee.com Magazine.

This wonderful thought comes form SeekingMaat(hope she's still premium)...if you want to read more about it, I can provide you with links and update.

Peace In,

.......Don't think Manga is replacement, but we will see:

Read Manga Online

Welcome, manga fans! We have the largest collection of all the popular manga scans andscanlations for you to read online, as well as a close-knit community for you to chat and make friends. Naruto or Bleach, Shonen or Shoujo,manga or manhwa, you name it! Top speed, completely free. Enjoy~

Peace In,

.......Good point sister river,

There is a huge gap out there for good reading material in the black community, since the lost of Ebony, Essence and Jet. Believe it or not, our group, GroupThink Project-Group, has plans of taking action to produce a Destee.com Magazine.

This wonderful thought comes form SeekingMaat(hope she's still premium)...if you want to read more about it, I can provide you with links and update.

Peace In,
That sounds very interesting. Yes, I'd like to look into it. Is this going to be an online or paper mag?
When you're up and running we might could do a link exchange with my Spoken Word journal Visions with Voices
http://visionswithvoices.com

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back